Ratings for Dr. Frederick C. Carroll

My parents have been seeing Dr. Frederick Carroll for approximately three years. They have gone on their own and I have been there approximately four times with them. My regard for Dr. Carroll has declined. Within the last few months, his office staff has been rude and extremely unhelpful. Just this past week, my mother was prescribed a medicine that happens to contain a known detrimental allergen for her. Then, she was not called about an appointment that had been cancelled without her knowledge. In the meantime, we went to the appointment and the office staff was rude about having cancelled the appointment. In addition, her blood pressure has been very high lately and when asked if the nurse could take my mother's blood pressure, she was told to go to Wal-Mart, as they could not accommodate her that day.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

Dr. Carroll is an excellent doctor. He is thorough, kindhearted, and really knows his stuff. He represents the best sort of integrative practitioner (deeply knowledgeable as an internist yet aware of how important nutrition is and how useful certain alternative therapies --e.g., acupuncture--can be). I sometimes think his staff is not all they could be, but I also know how under the gun medical practices are these days, so maybe they're doing their best under difficult circumstances. In any event, I recommend Dr. Carroll and his practice highly.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

Dr. Carroll was my mother's doctor for approximately two years. Throughout these two years I listened to my mother tell me many terrible things regarding his care for her. He didn't return her calls, he was very impatient with her and eventually came to ignore her. He provided such terrible care for my mother that she was being admitted to the hospital at the rate of every three - five days. Before I knew it, she ended up in a nursing home. Not quite three months later my mother passed away. Not only did he NOT rush to the hospital to provide care for her on this terrible day, but he didn't have the common courtesy to return MY phone call to get more information on her condition. And, not only did he neglect to return that call, after she passed the very next day, he NEVER bothered to call me then either. I would go as far as saying that Dr. Carroll killed my mother!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2010

he overmedicates elderly people he is in a constant rush leading to poor care

flag | Submitted July 4, 2008

Dr. Frederick C. Carroll's Credentials

• Oh State Univ Coll Of Med, Columbus Oh 43210 (Grad. 1999)

• Coventry Health Care Of La Hmo