Ratings for Dr. Corrie Van Vuuren

I will not see this doctor again. After having a spine fusion 8 weeks in I was accused of being a drug addict. I stopped taking narcotics and had only increased pain and no withdrawals at all. My G.P. was gone on holidays so I had no choice. This person is uncaring has no manners. I brought my step daughter who has LFS. He lied to her saying MRI's are only for heads after him and I reviewed my MRI for my back that confirmed I needed a fusion and yet he said I didn't. This person is worse then a horse doctor. Time for formal complaints as encouraged by WCB.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

Thanks for another misdiagnosis, sure glad my family member is in the U of A getting proper care. Stay in Disneyland if you want to visit the morgue.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2011

This is a horse Doctor,believe me. He will never see me or my family again. One member has passed on, thanks so called dr.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2010

Dr. V is a different type of person but he is truly compassionate. I think he is kinda hyper and sometimes that causes him to make mistakes. I broke my arm and he was convinced it was a torn rotator cuff and that I would need surgery. I asked him to do an x ray first which he did. He did not see a break, not sure why. 3 months later the MRI showed the break. I know of another fellow who he told had no bone problems and in fact he had a badly fractured leg. I think he hurries to review x rays but I still think he is a nice man. As a patient we all have to do our part as well in our diagnosis and treatment.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2010

This doctor is an amazing man! He is always helpful and very knowledgable!! He makes my kids and I feel awesome!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2010

I guess he is "an aquired taste"? My husband refuses to see him as they dont get along and I tolerate his bedside manner when I need in and can't wait. I take my three year old to him when our family doctor is unavailable and he is always great with him. I would want him there if I needed surgery as he is an excellent surgen. He is straight forward and abrupt but still an ok doctor.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2010

This doctor is a menace. His manners are abusive. He induces shock in hurting patience with his words and tone. Yes, it really is that bad. His knowledge is limited and he tries to cover this by being an absolute bully to everyone. He picks fights in the midst of your pain and the only time you will get a semi-calm answer to your questions is if you take him to the hospital administrator to get it. Then he'll say anything to try and cover his tracks like an adolescent bully caught. Doctors and nurses alike appologize for him. We filled a complaint with the administrator but I reccommend going to the college of physicians with your complaints since I don't think anything happens at the local level. Do not be in the room alone with him. DO NOT let him be your physician if you are having a baby. Avoid Daysland because of him, even though all the other doctors there are just fine, and a couple are even exceptional. The risk of getting Dr. V is too high.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2010

Dr. V is very pleasant and deals with the problem at hand quite directly in a forthright manner. His demeanor is to be very helpful and caring of you as a person; easy to talk to about anything you like and makes one feel comfortable about things that one might consider quite embarrassing. I appreciate his sense of humor and optimism. He has helped me deal with my problems very satisfactorily.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2010

This Doctor is very efficient and knowledgeable. I appreciate his truthfulness and feel that his blunt manner makes for an understandable diagnosis. He is always on time, and makes me laugh.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2009

I am 40 years old and know Dr. Corrie since a little boy back in South Africa. He is a great human bieng and one of the best Doctors you will find.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2009