Ratings for Dr. Michael Peters

I find this man very incompetent. I asked him one time about quitting smoking and he told me it was too late. No doctor should ever tell a patient it's too late. I finally left him after a long time as I just didn't TRUST him anymore. I was on too many meds and feeling horrible. I was lucky and found a new doctor who looked over my hospital records and noticed my blood sugars had been going up for quite awhile. I was a type 2 diabetic. Dr. Peter's told me I was fine. My new doctor gave me a complete physical ( which Dr. Peter's never did ), I quit smoking ( for which she encouraged me ) lost weight, brought my sugars back to normal, went from 8 meds a day to 4 and hopefully down to 3 soon, and I feel great. So glad I left him. You have to put faith and trust in a doctor, with him I didn't.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Getting an accurate diagnosis is a weakness, e.g cancer. The Patients' Rights as per Canadian Medical Association, Code of Ethics indicates the medical doctor will consult with a more knowledge colleague when health problems of patient is beyond the scope of doctor's knowledge. In addition, the patient has the right to receive complete information about medical condition, treatment and recovery, even if an interpreter is needed. Something to keep in mind for the future.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Polite, honest, and to the point. The staff are mostly helpful but do not do needles for children.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

I have never had any issues, appointments are easy to get and he has always been helpful.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

HE IS HORRIBLE!!!!...HE SHOULD BE A MECHANIC. HE HAS NO PERSONALITY. LOVES YOU TO COME IN THOUGH, CHA CHING!!!! THAT'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT. NO CARE WHATSOEVER FOR HIS PATIENTS.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

I have found Dr. Peters to be very helpful and very willing to suggest other options without hesitation.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011

I have been Peters's patient since he opened his practice. He tends to push pills and get you out so he can bill another patient. He misdiagnosed my mother and she died of Ovarian Cancer as a result of his incompetence. If there was another Doc accepting patients I would never go back to Peter's as he has no respect for his patients and no feelings whatsoever. A lousy Doc in my opinion. Of couse my feelings are a bit coloured since he killed my mother.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2010

He has been my physician since I moved to Moncton in 1994 (after 2 other doctors refused to take me because of my 'complicated medical history'). I have always found him to be personable, considerate, and compassionate. He has referred me to specialists when in over his head (and my wait-time on THOSE lists has been mitigated by his nurse rather nicely when the need has been urgent). He is NOT a pill-pusher, but at the same time, he is not afraid to prescribe pain medications when needed. He has no trouble when I bring research articles to him for trying something (or refusing to try something), and does not see my knowledge of self/health as a threat to his knowledge!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

He's been my family doctor since i was born , definitely no complaints here , staff is great . i have always left there with my problems solved , he takes the time to listen to what you need and gives it to you , absolutely not a pill pusher

flag | Submitted August 9, 2009

I disaagree with the negative comments in the above ratings - the man they descibe is not the Dr. Peters I know. I find him compassionate, attentive, knowledgeable, willing to work with you in having you take charge of your health - certainly not a pill pusher. His support staff is personable and friendly to a fault. I have lived in other parts of Canada and Dr. Peters ranks among my most positive experiences with the medical profession

flag | Submitted July 25, 2009