Ratings for Dr. Mary N. Scanlon

Dr Mary Scanlon is the absolute BEST Primary Care physician anyone could ever have. She actually cares and gives a lot of herself to her patients. She remembers everyone and you are not just a number in a file but a person that she cares about and will go to the end of the earth to help when you need it. Very professional, Her worth ethics and level of care are second to none. Always service with a smile. I travel long distances to see her and she is worth every additional expense to go see her. Bedside manner is the best I have ever seen and had out of all of my doctors and specialists I have gone to through my life. She accepts every insurance carrier I have had to switch to and if I did ever have insurance that was not accepted I would pay the extra out of network expenses to still see her. If you are fortunate enough to be within proximity of her office, I would recommend going through the initial patient screening process to become her patient and I am sure you will love her as much as I do. Most helpful and caring physician I have ever seen and I refuse to see anyone else. I was a patient of her first partner Dr. Kathy, and I started seeing Dr. Mary and followed her when she moved from Boynton to Lake worth years and years ago. Rare to have such a genuine caring physician and I am proud and lucky to have her as my primary. They need to invest in a new phone system, the current system they are using is very poor and so many people call in for various things that it over runs their phones and getting through a times of high call volume can be difficult. Her staff of nurses, Joann, Robin etc. are fantastic. Get you in and out quickly but will spend the time with you to make sure you received the attention you require and never leave the office with additional questions. Thank you Dr. Mary!!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!! J Lynn

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

I met Dir. Scanlon once and absolutely loved her. However her front desk, often known as the face of the Dr. is horrible. It’s been 6 mo. since I’ve seen her and I needed to come in but was unable to make an apt. I called received a pleasant greeting and was asked to please hold. I held for 6 mins, no one ever returning to the phone to acknowledge they knew I was still there. I hung up and called back getting only Hold please, No please don’t put me on hold I’ve been there for 6 mins I need to make an apt, and I got dead air, I was on hold once again. I called back 3 more times even from a different phone and was very unprofessionally put on hold. Exact words were “ hold.” Never even mentioned the Dir. name the last time I called making it a total of 5. There are too many Doctors in S Fl. To deal with such rudeness, sorry dir. I’m moving on.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Drm Scanlon really cares about her patients she is amazing.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

DR Scanlon is a good , efficient, personable doctor. Her staff, however is a nightmare. I had to leave without seeing her today, after waiting 5 weeks for my appointment. I'm looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

The doctor was very thorough and spent alot of time with me. Overall good experience!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Dr. Scanlon is phenomenal. I have never been to a more caring or compassionate doctor. She treats the whole person and makes you feel your health concerns are valid and of utmost concern. I trust her knowledge and judgment implicitly and am thankful I found this incredible doctor.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

Dr. Scanlon is a great doctor, her staff needs some work, often rude! If you can get past the front office without getting so angry you walk out, well you have found a great doctor. She is very knowledgeable and extremely thorough.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

Absolutely the most incompetent staff I've ever encountered. Dr. Scanlon needs to find new people to book her appointments. All my ratings are based on the horrible service I received from her staff. They would do well working for comcast.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

I just had the absolute worst experience today ATTEMPTING to make appointments for my children for six weeks from now so that they could have school physicals. Not only was I hung up on twice by the receptionist, when I asked to speak to a a manager (Jane) she was completely unwilling to assist me. I am asking for appointments six weeks out, and she can't assist because "there are to many new appointments". How about not accepting new patients when you can't accept appointments for EIGHT WEEKS! When I asked her if the doctor knew that they were literally turning patients away she said that the doctor was aware, NICE. Spare yourself the misery of even trying to go to this doctors office and pick someone else. The staff there are rude, and unhelpful. PICK A DIFFERENT DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

You found a lump on Pam’s neck and after tests you ordered, on Friday June 6, you indicated this nodule on her lymph node, needed to be looked at by a specialist. After researching, Pam called your office with a specialist name, Dr VS Sundrum, and was told it would take 3-4 weeks for your office to complete the referral paperwork! After a call to Humana, I learned the delay was from your office not the insurance company. Another several calls this week to your office staff to try to move the process up, they indicated there was nothing that could be done and that 3-4 weeks for a referral was not only the best they could do but that “everyone waits 3-4 weeks for a referral to a specialist”. How ridiculous is this? A patient finds a lump that could be something serious, including cancer, and the doctor’s office nonchalantly tells the patient sorry, it will take us 3-4 weeks to get our paperwork done before you can schedule a visit with someone who can address the problem.Not good

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014