Ratings for Dr. Alice C. Cruz

Dr. Crus is the absolute best doctor I've ever had - knowledgeable, caring, and very responsive. I've stayed with her almost a decade now.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

Dr.Cruz is fabulous. After searching through a few doctors, we found her through a referral from a specialist we respect greatly. Dr. Cruz is a throw back to a better time in medicine. She listens. She calls you personally with tests results even if there is no problem. She is extremely personable, professional and knowledgeable. She asked questions that I have never been asked before and detected issues that had gone unattended. She is extremely proactive in maintaining her patients' good health. In short, we count ourselves lucky to have found her.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

I feel that she is always rushing, wish she would spend more time with the patients.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2011

Compassionate, thorough, excellent doctor. She cares about her patients and works exceptionally hard for them.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2010

I too inherited Dr. Cruz from a previous MD. At first I was happy with her. Then the office staff became rude and were too busy making personal calls to assist me. I called with an urgent medical issue and they asked if I could come in a week or two. I called my wife's physician and got a same day appointment and found out I had a tumor (turned out to be benign - thank goodness) but I did not want to wait 2 weeks to find out. Upon telling the staff I was concerned and wanted to see any doctor sooner, they responded by telling me that "This is a doctor's office, we are very busy." NICE. I am not staying with this practice.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2008

Below average. She is judgemental and not very knowledgeable. She missed a diagnosis of cancer in a relative which another md said a recurring symptom in the relative should have been a warning signal to search for this type of common and very treatable cancer. Had to be pushed to recommend a specialist in something that turned out to be treated with a common medicine, even though I had complained about the problem for a couple of years. Never believed me when I said I wasn't a smoker or drinker or drug user, even though there was no evidence in my charts over the years that I was. Would give me a critical look implying I was lying. She clearly never referred back to my history which would have showed that I had no problems in this area (she bought the practice of my previous md).

flag | Submitted May 20, 2008

Very friendly, takes plenty of time to answer any and all questions - rare for an HMO doctor. Office staff is friendly and getting appointments is relatively easy.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2007

I felt that Dr. Cruz was fairly average. She wasn't very proactive in her approach...I had to draw from my memory to provide a lot of medical details, rather than her inquiry leading to information. I was disappointed that she knew very little about the doctors who she referred me to.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2007

Dr. Alice C. Cruz's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)