Ratings for Dr. James Andrew Martin

I have seen Dr. Martin 3 times now. He is a fantastic doctor. My problem seems unique and he never stopped trying to figure out the issue. I am still seeing him and am very grateful. The whole experience was the best medical care i have ever received in my life. Everything was top notch. Thank you so much Dr.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Have had many different eye difficulties. Dr Martin has given me sight and has been my guardian for the past 20 years. Very caring, honest and knowledgable. Best in the business. Catracs, lens implants,cornea, retina detach, blood vessels, Contacts. So lucky to have him as my eye doctor.🌈😃

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Great skills, knowledge, AND bedside manner. Helpful, courteous staff too. The time in the waiting room at his office can be a bit long, but this is because Dr Martin does not rush people through, and may need to deal with unexpected issues as well. I also saw him for surgery at St. Josephs in Stoney Creek. Right on time, thorough explanations, and an extremely pleasant man to talk with both before and after the surgery was completed.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

Had a retinal detachment 7 years ago in my left eye. Macula was detached and things looked grim as I was pretty blind. I now have 20/20 vision!!! Thanks Doctor Martin

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

Dr. Martin and his staff are fantastic. I had a sudden retina detachment and he treated me right away and was fantastic post procedure. However my one issue with his practice is hois wait times. It does appear the office overbooks appointments. I realize their office can't sit idle but patients time is equally important and his and his staff.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

I had an appointment with Dr. Martin. It was cancelled, but they didn't bother to inform me until I showed up at the clinic that day. Then, when I finally got in to see him (3 months later), I had to wait for 2.5 hours before being told that the machine he wanted to use on me was broken. 2.5 hours wait to be seen for five minutes, and told to come back in 4 months is a waste of my time, unprofessional on Dr. Martin's part, and disrespectful of his staff not to inform me when I got there in the first place. I would avoid this place at all costs in the future. Of note, another lady walking out said "that wasn't too bad; only two hours this time." If you have nothing better to do with your time than to sit around and wait for hours on end, with no real consultation in the end, then this is the dr for you!!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Martin because my mother has a degenerative eyes disease, which means I possibly do as well. I've heard great things about doctor Martin. I just haven't seen him enough to know if they are true. Getting through to the office is a pain in the @$$. It's always busy or they don't allow you to leave a message. If you want to solve that problem get an answering service for your business if you are that busy! Also get an email service going where we can contact you. The other bad thing they don't follow up with patients with supposed appoints they have booked for you. Also when they send you papers with your appointment dates in the mail. You go to your appointment to find out your name isn't on the list. So what appointment was there! Truthfully whenever I can make the time to go in to see Doctor Martin I'm going to be asked to be referred to a different doctor and office.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Great Doctor! Can't believe how lucky I was to be referred to him. He knows his stuff. People who say he ISNT knowledgable just need to speak up and ask him questions. He deals with MANY people in a day and everyone's case varies and can end up in so many different scenarios, so instead of saying he "doesnt know his stuff" perhaps he does not want to say something indefinitely because your case could vary and only time can tell. I had my scleral buckle surgery a week after meeting him. He fit me in right away. He tries his best with the many patients that he has. Instead of complaining about the wait the people should just go prepared. Treating eyes takes time, I'd rather wait and know that he is helping me medically the right way in the end, than be rushed in and out and just be treated like a number.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013

Dr. Martin is ALWAYS 2-3 hours behind but keeps booking appt and packing his waiting room. They NEVER answer the phone. You end up trying 25-30 times before you can get through....if you are lucky. He needs to stop over booking to make the most money and treat people with dignity and respect.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2012

Dr. Martin knows his stuff and saved my vision. I experienced a sudden retina detachment and Dr. Martin dealt with my medical emergency swiftly and efficiently. He is a straight shooter and tells you exactly how things are and what you can expect. He is very knowledgeable with years of experience. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2012