Ratings for Dr. Timothy A. Hernandez

Did not respond to multiple urgent calls from nursing staff despite being the doctor on call. Never saw my 86-year-old mother until 17 hours after she had been admitted to Stone Oak Methodist with a life-threatening condition, which the consulting surgeon later described as a "catastrophic event." Hernandez's explanation: the nurses' calls were annoying, and he had to prioritize patients according to the seriousness of their condition. His general attitude was brusque, arrogant, and unsympathetic. He did not return for a follow-up visit, and my mother died the next day.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

His staff is beyond H_O_R_R_I_B_L_E. I visited another Dr and that Dr contacted Dr Hernandez directly in front of me with a since of urgency and Dr Hernandez agreed to see me right away. However his staff saw me as a new patient. Even though I have seen him for years. WOULD NOT see/schedule me any sooner than 3 months. My wife had to fire this Dr because of NO CALL BACKS from staff when she was scheduled for surgery. Epic failure on RX refills... the list goes on... IF, and I say *IF* you can get past his staff and get in to see him you will like him. But where does the buck stop? With Dr Hernandez himself. He should be ashamed and embarrassed!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2014

I like Dr. Hernandez, but no one answers the phone --EVER! He should get a more attentive staff. He recently moved his office to the Stone Oak area which would be convenient for me, but alas, there is no getting through to the office. Straight to voicemail. I wonder how he treats any patients if no one answers the phone!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012

He used to be such a good doctor but for the past year two years I have seen Dr. Hernandez slowly change into an arrogant uncaring person. I always seemed to need some sort of test/procedure done and was referred to one of his buddies. After much money wasted and lack of concern for my health once I could not afford further testing I am glad I no longer waste my time with a Dr. like him. I changed Doctors mid 2012 and was diagnosed properly and given medication that changed my life. In addition, his staff has changed dramatically as well. They used to be an amazing, very well organized group of people. They are now the most unprofessional staff I have ever seen a Dr. have. This only reflects the Dr's new ways though. If he cared about his patient's personal information and health he would make sure his patients were treated different.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

He is a VERY arrogant person that has no business practicing medicine. The man looked at my mothers chart for about a minute and took a nurses word that my mother needed to be taken off life support. His actions almost cost my mother her life and did cost me $3000.00 in attorney fees to reverse his decision to remove her off life support. He did this even with my mother having advance directives and us having a medical power of attorney. This man should be tried for attempted murder and put in jail. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2011

Perhaps one of the most grueling experiences I have ever had. Horrendous bedside manners, rude, impatient and arrogant. I was told he was one of the best but I didn't how that could be after the first 15 minutes of the consult. He was extremely assuming.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

DR.HERNANDEZ IS A GREAT DOCTOR..I HAVE NEVER MET A DOCTOR WITH SO MUCH KNOWLEDGE AND CONCERN..I RECOMMENDED HIM TO EVERYONE I KNOW..HIS OFFICE IS ALSO VERY NICE..KENNY G.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2011

Dr. Tim as I prefer to call him is the best physician in this town! He has a genuine concern for his patients and does what is best for the person. I had surgery in January and he put a wonderful team together to make sure that I received the best medical treatment available. My case involved an aggressive case of pneumonia and had it not been for this team I could have lost my life. Dr. Tim saves lifes and what I like the most about him is that he tells you exactly what needs to happen. He does what is best for the patient. It may not be what you want to hear but he tells it like it is and should be! Keep up the great work Dr. Tim. And, thank you for saving my life. You are the best! Also, his staff is very professional and provide A+ quality service. They are very polite and helpful! Thanks to all for your care and concern.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

I had to wait in the hall for his staff to return from lunch. Waited in the exam room for 20 minutes. He said I needed tranquilizers and anti-depressants after talking to me for only 5 minutes. Kept interrupting before I could finish telling him my concerns. He told me he was dismayed that people look things up on the internet or read stuff in the newspaper. I thought that's what people should do to stay informed! I'm 63, educated and consider myself level headed.Will not go back to see him.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2009

Dr. Hernandez is one to the best physician's I have ever seen. He takes time to care for you as an individual, he listens closely to any problems or concerns you may have. He sees his patients promptly and you don't have to wait hours to see him. I feel very blessed to have found him. Barbara is his receptionist and she is very efficient as well as caring. The entire staff is helpful to his patients.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2008

Dr. Timothy A. Hernandez's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1995)