Ratings for Dr. Thomas Fischer

Having seen myriad specialists in my life for myriad conditions - from psychiatrists to neurologists, gastroenterologists, ophthalmologists, dermatologists, and so on - I've had maybe three or four doctors who weren't at best completely useless, often incompetent and profoundly arrogant. I have particular disdain for psychiatrists, who are generally frauds and shysters. That said, Dr. Fischer is absolutely fantastic, he's one of those small few doctors who've been of any help, and the only psychiatrist whom I respect and don't revile. He and his wife, Miriam, who is his secretary, are both very kind and personable, and they're very good with calling to ask if you need another appointment, and reminding you of upcoming appointments, and Dr. Fischer, himself, is an incredibly knowledgeable man who's very easy to talk to. Wonderful.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Busy and sometimes behind schedule (frustrating to us adhd types) but so so very helpful!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

Absolutely changed my life. A true gem. We in Calgary are very lucky to have such a brilliant, caring, invested, passionate doctor who specializes in the much overlooked area of adult ADHD. Dr. Fischer has saved my life, given me hope and is helping me learn a whole new way of looking at life - one that will serve me extremely well going forward. His assistant Miriam is also above and beyond helpful and friendly. THANK YOU DR F!!! LS

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

This man has saved my life. Cosmically intelligent, knows just about everything from biology to psychology.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

This is a Doc that truly gets his patients. He is fantastic at explaining and educating about ADHA. I have been going to him for almost 10 years now, since I was 18. He has helped me deal with the challenges from the "One minded society" about ADHA. I could not thank him enough for his help! Thanks Dr. Fischer JD

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Fantastic. I've been seeing him for around 8 years, and he's always helpful, very kind, ery personable, easy to talk to. He's also incredibly knowledgeable, and not just of neurology and ADHD, but all medicine. He even "diagnosed" my Baker's Cyst from just listening to the problems I was having, when my physician had no clue what was going on even after multiple examinations. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2014

I'm sure he's a great doctor, but my messages haven't been returned, so I haven't had a chance to experience it yet. I know he was away for an extended period, but I would still expect a phone call to be returned.

Submitted February 19, 2014

Very knowledgeable and smart. When my treatment was over I knew exactly what was going on.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

Amazing. He really gets to know his patients before giving a diagnosis. He listens and challenges thinking which I love. He is beyond knowledgeable in ADHD and keeps in the know on recent research. I have seen so many doctors but few who have invested the time he has.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

Dr. Tom is a great Dr. He listens and gives comments when necessary. I have gone to him for about 7 years now and he has made a great difference in my life and adjusting to ADD. Mirium is a great person too.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2012