Ratings for Dr. Amos Kpogo

I have been with kpgo for years, I fired him once and had to go back to him. What others are saying here is true.I have waited for him for up 2 1/2 hours, while you can appreciate he isa doctor and it is hard to balance time,I do not hear of any other drs having this issue this frequent or as long a wait times. There is one member of his staff who seems to bring her life to the office, rude is a understatement despite my many attempts at being civil with her. Amos is VERY condescending, talks over you cuts you off and thinks his knowledge is beyond reproach,I have made him look bad several times calling him on his mistakes and actions and he has tortured my family for it for years.I am afraid for my life now because my confidence in him and all of his mistakes and poor performance have led me down a road of very poor health. He has sent me for xrays to test for rheumatoid arthritis that we already verified years ago only to tell me yesterday that it showed osteo arthritis and CANT DETECT Rheumatoid ARTHRITIS! WTH!! He knew six weeks ago that I needed him to fill out my disability tax form for me to file my taxes properly and on time. He made me wait for the lab work and xray results 5 almost 6 weeks,I called the hospital to see what was taking so long THEY told me he had the results.Now he tells me I am high risk heart attack, II have ocpd and high cholesterol when I told him I want to explore natural pathic, he just smiles at me and says you cant beat this you need pharmaceutical drugs, purposely trying to make me feel stupid,little does he know all I do with my spare time is educate myself in these things.I am firing him again today and launching a formal complaint, it would be a small book to write here about all the things he has done to my wife and I over the years. I hope he gets disbarred

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

I went to the Jean Coutu clinic last week. Dr Kpogo was 30 minutes late... I was there for 2 hours. I definitely agree with everyone that he does not listen, he kept asking me the same questions. I've been trying to get my results all week (and today is Thursday), called the office a few times. Never any answer. Terrible service - not recommended.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

Everything people have already said is true. How is he still practicing medicine here? He doesn't listen. Repeats questions. Doesn't tell you anything. I absolutely loathe him.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

I do not feel good about going to Dr. Kpogo. He asks me questions and then cuts me off in mid sentence and makes me feel like I am wasting his time. I feel intimidated by him because he does not give me the time to explain myself at all. He is always reading a file instead of listening. Then, when I go to another appointment with him and say the same thing I told him before, he tells me I did not tell him this problem before. Dr. Kpogo does not explain much on test results. I do not feel confident about the prescriptions he hands out. He changes mine without explaining why, whether they are working or not. Dr. Kpogo reduced my blood pressure medicines and my pressure keeps going up because of it, when I tell him that I think I need to go back on the higher dose, he gives me another unfamiliar prescription and starts it out at the lowest dose. I am having even worse pressure problems but am afraid to go back again. He sends me to hospital sometime to wait there for many hours for tests I do not need. And people are right about certain staff members not answering the phone. The same two just shy of rude or have very defensive attitudes. The other older lady is very nice all the time. The other two certainly do not like to be bothered and give the vibes that prove it. Why is he always so late for his office appointments? Why does he not just schedule everyone for later? I hope to find someone else in the near future. Dr. Kpogo does not like to listen to me and it makes me feel like he does not really care about my well being.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

I agree with these reviews. Dr. Kpogo will not listen and makes me feel like I am wasting his time. He accuses me of things I do not do at all. I tell him things that he does not document and then accuses me of not telling him. I asks me what I want for medication when he is the doctor not me. I do not have much confidence in him. Dr. Kpogo is always at least 40 minutes late for appointments.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

This man does not listen and rarely follows up on test results. He is quick to prescribe with little consideration for ones overall health; often relies on outdated blood work and test results. I know we are desperately short on doctors but this man shouldn't be allowed to practice. When I beat my current condition I'll be seeking care elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

great staff , very helpful when I needed to change my appointment. Dr. kpogo displays an excellent knowledge. When I went to out patients because I was light headed and could not stand up no one could find out what was wrong with me. I went to see dr. kpogo on Monday morning after all day Sunday at out patients . He took one look at my ears and told me I had an inner ear infection. Once he cleaned my ears I was fine. I always got to see him on time with the exception of one time he was delayed doing hospital rounds

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

Igo to Dr Kpogo and its the same every month he asks me if I went to see the Specialest and I tell him I cant go with out an Apointment its been that way sence last year and he wont give me back my pills until I do and I need them.it was That DR that put me on them to begin with and I was never supposed to be taken of them its right in my File from the DR.But you cant tell him any thing you try to tell him something he shuts you right up he dose not listen to you and he dose not get back to you about any test I had a MRI done and he never even told me if there was any thing on it or not my Husband is realy mad because I have a Bad Heart and he wants me to find another DR .

flag | Submitted June 22, 2014

We saw Dr Kpogo at the after hours clinic here in town. The clinic opened at 6 and he didn't show until 6:30. My daughter (5 years old) had seen another doctor at the clinic the week before and she was given amoxicillin. Her issues weren't getting better and we went in to see if she needed a switch in her antibiotics. We told him all of this and that the daycare was saying that she had been very tired during the day. He checked her breathing, ears and nose then told us she needed bloodwork to check for mono, a chest X-ray to check for pneumonia and nasonex for her nose. We ended up stopping her amoxicillin and made an appointment with our family Doc. She still has the cough but her energy has returned. The man does not listen and orders tests for no reason. I don't understand how he still has a medical license.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

This man does not listen and tries to send you for tests you dont need ( thankfully hospital staff understand when you cancel the teats later on). No bed side manner and i honestly cant understand how this man is still practicing as a Doctor . only seen him once , changed after that as i found he was incompetent, rude and patronizing.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014