Ratings for Dr. Patrick F. Dial

My perspective on Dr. Dial? Neither before nor after my stomach surgery (ulcer) did Dr. Dial tell me that: The National Institute of Health advises that 1) I will have lifelong nutritional deficiencies which are “well documented”, 2) nutritional blood monitoring should have begun 6-months after my surgery, 3) I will have a special copper deficiency, due to my history of peptic ulcer, 4) normal dietary supplements will not be sufficient, some must be injected, 5) I will have a lifelong nausea and diarrhea problem with certain foods, including sugary (candy, syrup, soda, sweet tea/coffee, doughnuts, etc.) and highly spiced food. None of this was communicated by Dr. Dial, although he bragged he had been doing my surgery “for 28 years”. Why then when I went back to him repeatedly with complaints of diarrhea, diarrhea, stomach cramps, heartburn, etc., did he never give me any dietary advice or warnings? Another surgeon said he could help me with my constant heartburn via a “corrective surgery”. And at one consultation the doctor bluntly said “Your surgery wasn’t done right.” Lastly, I was so sick (nausea 24 hours per day), I literally just sat on the couch for several months, I couldn’t move. Lying down made me sicker. When after 2-months I called, recited my surgery date and asked if there was any charge for consultation, I was told “No, “post-surgical consults are free”, and afterward I was sent a bill.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Dr. Patrick F. Dial's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)