You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Catherine Ruddy

What a terrible reception area. Far too small, the staff are so rude and arrogant I couldn't believe it. A mother had her child in there, the child was crying and one of the staff behind the desk said under her breath, "That's just what I want to hear right now". No offence - every mother has been there, every child does it, have some compassion. Dr. Ruddy - very short, and made me feel like I was wasting her time. All she did was up a dose for my acne which my family doctor could have done and told me to continue this abrasive medication for another 3 months. It hasn't changed anything other than drying my hair, skin and lips. Returning for an appointment next week... We'll see how that goes.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Ruddy for over 12 years. I find her to be very pleasant, efficient and knowledgeable. I do however find it frustrating that I have been on the same treatment plan for 12 years with just OK results. I do not find Dr Ruddy proactively looks for alternate treatment options. The reception staff can be abrupt however, the office is always packed and I don't blame them for being direct and to the point.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Ruddy by my family practitioner about a few moles I had recently developed. She assured me they were nothing to be concerned about but offered nevertheless to remove them with liquid nitrogen, As I'd had this done before in the past by my old GP I accepted the offer . Little did I know she was using a spray can for the job and sprayed so sloppily that she also covered all of the skin surrounding the moles. As a result, they skin around the moles is blood-blistered. I wouldn't recommend her to squeeze a pimple much less perform anything even remotely more serious.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015

My appointment last time, an hour past my scheduled time. When I finally got to see her, I felt so rushed. She gave me about 5 minutes in total. I have 3 questions written down and I felt she was so impatient. I do no feel she is professional and am very hesitant to see her again.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

flag | Submitted June 14, 2015

I have alopecia areata. There are many reasons for AA. Dr Ruddy didn't diagnose any of them (thyroid problems, dental problems and infections...). I assume she doesn't know about any of them otherwise she would have asked for proper checkups. The staffs are really nice though. I don't know about her other capabilities but if you have a progressive AA find a better doctor...

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

my husband had to see Dr. Ruddy and it was a very enjoyable experience. We found the staff very helpful and friendly. We only waited for 15 minutes past his apt. and when we got in her office she did not rush us. She took the time to answer all of our questions. I don't know why so many people are so negative about the office and the Dr but our experience was very good.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

This lady was ridiculous. I got to her waiting room, which was completely packed and clearly overbooked. I waited an hour for my appointment. When I finally got in, I felt so rushed and unimportant, like she was annoyed that I'd even come. She spent a total of 3 minutes with me, no exaggeration. Gave me no answers, no solutions. Just used some useless jargon and sent me away. Terrible bedside manner, completely uncaring.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

I had an appt with Dr. Ruddythe other day, felt extremely rushed, and was basically told I had too many things I wanted to discuss and that next time she wouldn't be able to discuss them. What? I had them all written down so not to waste her time and I had drove 2 hours to see her, why would I not discuss my dermatology concerns with her, I was in a total of 15 to 20 minutes. I definitely felt like it was all about the money! Not an enjoyable experience.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2014

I've been a patient for almost 15 years. She provided excellent care in removing all of my warts. However, I became infected with ringworm while travelling abroad and when asked her what it was she misdiagnosed and gave me a cream which made it worse and I itched more. The diagnosis was made a friend who is an MD. I finally got the necessary cream to treat the ringworm and a correct diagnosis!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

Dr. Catherine Ruddy's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "What a terrible reception area. Far too small, the staff are so rude and arrogant I couldn't believe it. A mother had her child in there, the child was crying a..."

November 3, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr Ruddy for over 12 years. I find her to be very pleasant, efficient and knowledgeable. I do however find it frustrating that I have been on..."

October 23, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Ruddy by my family practitioner about a few moles I had recently developed. She assured me they were nothing to be concerned about but off..."

October 18, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "My appointment last time, an hour past my scheduled time. When I finally got to see her, I felt so rushed. She gave me about 5 minutes in total. I have 3 questi..."

July 13, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I saw her for adult acne and eczema. I met her 3 or 4 times- each time for less than 10 min. I no longer have acne and my eczema is on and off... "

June 14, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "K1A9" to "K1H 1A2". Address has been updated from "None" to "1919 Riverside Drive". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16132374690".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I have alopecia areata. There are many reasons for AA. Dr Ruddy didn't diagnose any of them (thyroid problems, dental problems and infections...). I assume she ..."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "my husband had to see Dr. Ruddy and it was a very enjoyable experience. We found the staff very helpful and friendly. We only waited for 15 minutes past his apt..."

April 22, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "This lady was ridiculous. I got to her waiting room, which was completely packed and clearly overbooked. I waited an hour for my appointment. When I finally go..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I had an appt with Dr. Ruddythe other day, felt extremely rushed, and was basically told I had too many things I wanted to discuss and that next time she wouldn..."

November 1, 2014