Ratings for Dr. Neil Clifton

was not impressed with this Dr at all. I've not spent more than 7 minutes at any visit and he says nothing to you. You ask a question....crickets. The day I go back to discuss a micro-laryngoscopy I was in his office all of 4:22 seconds before handing me paperwork to fill out and pass to the receptionists. He had no time to discuss my concerns at all. When manners were handed out in his family....he was holding the door! I rated the knowledge field low as I have no idea what he knows - HE DOESN'T TALK TO YOU!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

My mother would be dead if she continued to see this Dr. He is rude and doesn't take patients seriously. When someone has no voice for 2-3 years, saying they have acid reflux and sending them on their way several times over this period of time is not right or professional. It takes barely any extra time to order a scan or a scope to find out what the actual problem is! Thankfully she got referred to Halifax where they did these tests on the very first apt to find out if she had gone there in the first place her cancer would not have spred to stage 4 and got nearly as bad as it did. A paralyzed vocal cord from thyroid cancer was not acid reflux and you should be ashamed dr Clifton!!! If he had done his job properly thyroid cancer is one of the highest success rates but not when it's left for several years untreated and it spreads all around there esophagus and carotid artery and jugular and lymph nodes all over the neck and chest and now will continue spreading all over her body and now this is something she will deal with her whole life when Halifax even said too bad you didn't get sent here first cause this would have been treated properly and you wouldn't have all this to deal with. I don't know how you sleep at night! Drs are supposed to be caring but some only care about the pay cheque not actually saving lives.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

feel as if my time was wasted going to this guy. Didn't even examine me, just opened a folder with my referral letter and said I had GERD...I already knew this...still dealing with the problems I had ...would never go back to him and waste MY TIME. His staff were nice, not doubting his ability and was very punctual...who wouldn't be with the short amount of time you are in his office!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

I found Dr. Clifton to be very thorough, his office runs well. His people are kind, very helpful and as is the case with Dr Clifton don't waste your time or theirs. An enjoyable experience to say the least.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

I had received a routine surgery to remove some sinitus issues and was told the operation was a success, i had stints up my nose for 10 days after surgery ,once they were removed i was relieved and felt much better ,then after all the surgery dr clifton told me I would need medication for the rest of my life ,I did not medication before the surgery ?? anyway to shorten up this long story my life was improved for approx 1 year post surgery ,but now its 4 years later and a living hell with sinus infection after infection after infection ,at least 3 times Per year once put me in hospital and I get one after every cold I get ,and after each visit with these complaints he dr clifton kept saying nothings wrong it looks perfect just keep taking the medication .Mu quality of life sucks and am in constant worry of infections ,if it was not for our doctors being protected by our lovely government I would sue is ass off ,so thanks so much Dr clifton for a HORRIBLE experience and for leaving me with this burden for the rest of my life ..... beware future patients ...Do your research before agreeing to any surgery with the doctor ....

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

NOT a Doctor for infants/toddlers/small children! DO NOT WASTE your time risking your childs health, and do not be afraid of his intimidation like I am ashamed to say I was! If you happen to fall into his care for your child, speak up and tell him you want a referral to tbe IWK and ignore his eye rolls, an head twisting full of attitude that will follow your request! *or go see ur family dr for a referral I am heartbroken and ashamed that I took his word on my sons health for 3yrs!! I will regret for the rest of my life how I let him persuade me into believing my sons tonsil issues were absolutely normal and nothing out of the ordinary to be concerned about! We went to the IWK, and we didnt say anything about his tonsils or why we were concerned initally we just wanted to see/hear their unbiased reactions. So they asked jaxon a few things about his action figuare he had with him and they looked at us and said we can tell his tonsils must be doozys because he has what we refer to as 'marbled voice' (he talked like he had a mouth full of marbles). When he opened his mouth they were floored! The 'normal nothing out of the ordinary tonsils' were now being described to us as 'massive obstructive tonsils'! We were there April 18th for our first appt at the IWK we were told they were the largest they had seen in quite some time....He had his tonsil an adnoids removed exactly 1 month later to the day! *there is usually a 6month wait for this procedure!-Does this not speak severe requirement to anyone! *I pray to never fall into his care for any of my loved ones ever again!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Clifton. He is very knowledgeable, very to the point, concerned for your well being, and is over all a great doctor. We waited forever to get the referral to Dr. Clifton but as soon as the referral was given things moved so much quicker and smoothly. And no long waits, his appointments were always on time. I highly recommend him.

Submitted May 12, 2016

I was so nervous to meet new Dr for problems with ears, the staff and dr Clifton were great with me... Great visit

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

I have had the pleasure of Dr Clifton doing surgery on me First nodules on my vocal cords then a problem with my lingual toncils He is very professional. He's not there for a conversation to waste your time chatting . He is very good at what he does and is the best at what he does! The staff are also the best Very friendly and helpful ladies :)

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

I recently had FESS performed by Doctor Clifton. I had first seen him about 7 years ago and as a teenager he did not make me feel comfortable as he was very to the point and didn't reassure me the way my family doctor would. I chose not to forgo this operation as a teen, now as an adult I am thankful for doctor Clifton's amazing work and his punctuality. He is very professional and doesn't try to nosey in your business like many doctors in the town of Antigonish. I can finally breathe normally for the first time in many years and I owe it to Dr.Clifton. His administrative staff is amazing as well, if you don't feel he answered your questions well enough, these ladies know it just as well!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014