Ratings for Dr. Roger B. Leverette

Dr Leverette is a person who is a Dr to help people. I believe that is what makes him the best dr! If you don't feel your getting adequate care from him let him know & he will help you. That was my experience, & he stuck with me & did stuff other dr would have just blown off.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

I am a healthy 29 yr old male who got an infection and was treated with antibiotics which caused abdominal issues over months causing me to lose 23 lbs. I couldn't afford. I went to see Dr. Roger Leverette, who did no exam, did not touch my abdomen and screamed at me instead. Then, without getting any relief, no discussion over what the issue could be, no help in the least, Dr. Roger Leverette, coded the visit as something other than the office visit it should have been, my ODS insurance would have paid, which cost me almost $400. He continues to stand by this charge despite doing nothing for me, no exam even. Other family members used Dr. Leverette for many years, but my family will not use him or the Portland Clinic, for standing behind him, ever again. Not only completely inept but revengeful as well. Terrible Dr. don't use him.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

I saw Dr. Leverette yesterday for a follow up appt. I have been dealing with extreme levels of anxiety and panic and was desperately looking for a Dr. who would work with me to develop a plan. After explaining my situation and lifestyle, he leaned back in his chair, crossed his arms and said....."Well, what do you want me to do about it?" He was smug and brisk with me and I am of the opinion he made his mind up about me in the first 10 seconds of seeing me. He then prescribed a medication that I have taken in the past with horrible side effects. I explained these side effects and my past experience and he dismissed me and prescribed it anyway. He then got up while I was speaking and went to leave. I looked at him and he said, "Uh, I'll be right back." About two minutes later his nurse came in and said, "Youre done, you can leave." I said, "He said he would be right back?" She said, "No he signed off, you're done." Please don't make him your Dr. He was awful to me.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

this was my first appt with this doc. my past doc of at least 10 years had retired and i was looking for a new primary care for my family. before i even had time to speak he had already made up his mind that i needed to see a physciatrist because a specialist had diagnosed me with something he didn't think was true. i have been dealing with this syndrome for years and was finally diagnosed and have been doing great. He was very rude and disrespectful to me. He interrupted me continuously and actually laughed and made fun of a few of my comments. He would say to me Hell, yes or Hell, no. He looked at his watch constantly and when we walked in the the hall he told me that he would have to think about me and to make an appt in a month. That will not be happening. I called the clinic to talk with the office manager and as of yet have not received a call back, but i do plan on talking to them and hopefully get his comments off my permanent records.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2012

Leverette became very upset that I went to a very highly rated Chiropractic after he was unable help me at all with my shoulder and back pain. He then tripled my medication dosage, told me he only had a limited amount of time and would not have time for any others questions. All I wanted was the report from my previous MRI but he was no help.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Leverette for a few years now. He is always friendly and knowledgeable. He answers all my questions and never seems rushed to leave the room. He takes care of everything I ask for (i.e. my sleeping pills, which are addicting and most doctors advise to not take. He knows traditional sleeping prescriptions do not work for me and that I do not abuse my prescription). He is prompt, polite, and professional. I am a bit overweight and he never lectures me to lose weight, as all my other doctors have. He tells me that I am healthy (blood count is good, bp, hr, etc.) and I could lose weight if I want but I need not be too concerned about it. I would recommend him to all of my friends.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2010

He and his staff completely missed an obvious diagnosis based on test results. Another Dr (who I saw while Dr Leverette was out) noticed it immediately.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2009

He was very friendly and knowledgeable. The nurse gave me a little tablet to write my questions on after she showed me into the room. The doc was in within 3 minutes and he covered my three questions very thoroughly until I understood. He even took the time to draw me a picture to help explain what was going on. I even had a bad first impressions from the previous ratings that I read before going in, but I found them not to be true in my case. I would go back to him again without a doubt.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

I usually visit a doctor annually so when I do it is pretty important. I had started to have increased issues with reflux, met with Dr. Leverette, he addressed the reflux, I had explained that I was diagnosed with relux prior to being on Providentce. Insurance refused to cover medication ordered when I called the Dr. office I was told there was nothing that they could do, insurance was requesting proof that I had been on medication for at least 7 days. Also in the same appointmnet I asked some questions about some new symptoms that I was having, Dr. Levertette looked at me with a smile and said " do you think that I am here just for you? I have spent my alloted time and you will need to make another appointment. At first I thought he was kidding but he was not. I have never been treated this way by a Dr or staff. I never went back.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

He readily identified and solved problems with high blood glucose, high BP, acid reflux, and allergy breathing problems. No unnecessary tests and consultations. Was polite but to the point and professional. Well rounded individual. Would recommend to others.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2007

Dr. Roger B. Leverette's Credentials

• University Of Nevada School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Amerigroup