Ratings for Dr. Alan Martin

I agree with all the comments: Condescending, poor listener, does not educate you about your diagnosis, uncaring attitude. I have learned the hard way that there may be a correlation between ease of getting an appointment with a rheumatologist and his/her effectiveness. This is an ineffective doctor who also has a horrible bedside manner.......

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Was refered to him. Feel the same as the other post. He didnt listen or even seem to care about my pain. Searching for new doctor is hard and have to be sure insurance will pay. Would not recommend him. Have another appointment in January, hoping to find new doctor before then

flag | Submitted October 24, 2012

Dr. Martin seems like he is knowledgable about his field. He doesn't offer any extra information. He is rude and condescending. He is not approachable at all. I would never recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2012

I was referred to this Dr by my Primary Physician. Dr. Martin kept appt in a timely manner however I filled out a stack of papers w/info for him prior to my visit including lab work copies and when he came in he didn't know why I was there. He asked questions but cut me off before I could answer or talked over me while I was trying to speak and wouldn't listen when I tried to speak, even breifly, he seemed distracted and appeared to be avoiding eye contact. Exam was extremely quick and very minimal at best. I felt I had wasted my time and money going there. A friend told me prior to visit that I should use a different Dr. as she had heard complaints from others about this Dr and said she looked him up and found a bad review somewhere but I didn't listen. Now I wish I had. I'll have to find another specialist now and pay twice. I would not recommend this Dr to anyone and I won't use him again. He was polite.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2011

Dr. Alan Martin's Credentials

• Univ Of Ok Coll Of Med, Oklahoma City Ok 73190 (Grad. 1989)

GHI