Ratings for Dr. Mark A. Backus

Negative review below I'm sure was written by Mark Sanderson. This guy doesn't care who he throws under the bus he's just out for himself. He is condescending and just cares about vanity. He loves talking ill of others. I can see why he never married. No girl wants to spend thier life with this pompous guy ( nice hair transplant Mark) lol - maybe you should of spent the $ on being a better person and not so into yourself - all in all DrB and staff are a decent group

flag | Submitted July 26, 2018

I just adore Dr. Backus. He partners with you, listens to you and has a very approachable bedside manner. He has been my primary care provider for about 10 years now and I have always been happy with the care he has provided.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

He only wants to deal with simple wellness issues. He'll readily pass you along to a specialist rather than answer specific questions. He also double charge you if he thinks you are taking up too much of his time.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

When my mother was alive and in the hospital we had Dr. Backus as the doctor on call. We had just come from the coag clinic and they had sent us to the hospital and asked that give the doctor information that my mothers blood level was at an 8. Dr. Backus came and prescribed medications including more blood thinner. When I asked him if he had seen the information I had brought from the coag clinic he proceded to yell at me. Very loadly right in front of my sick mother and 3 nurses stood in the door way afraid to come in. It went on for about 5minutes. He then said he would not be our doctor any longer and then came back the next day. In my opinion Dr. Backus is unsteady and shouldn't even be allowed to prctice.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

Very thorough,relaxed atmosphere and time for questions. He is a very good listener.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

I have had Dr. Backus as my primary care doctor for the last several years. He is easy to talk to, takes his time, and is proactive. He's probably the best primary care doctor I've had as an adult. His office staff is very helpful and personable as well. He is proactive and very helpful with keeping a lid on prescription costs, although sometimes it seems like he orders a lot of tests. Overall, I would definitely recommend him, and I have to several of my friends.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2011

His arrogance does a good job of concealing what medical skills he has.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2010

Dr Backus is one of the best doctors I have had.He has managed my health extremely well and I'm thankfull he is my doctor.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2009

Dr. Mark A. Backus's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

UnitedHealthcare