Ratings for Dr. Mark Hamilton

Dr. Hamilton performed two surgeries for a tethered spinal cord on me, one when I was 14 and one in my early 20s. I rarely actually got to see him, usually having to speak to another doctor working with him, even for my 3 month follow up after surgery. He is a very knowledgeable doctor and I very much appreciate the surgeries he has done for me, but I wish I would have had more follow up and given a better explanation of what went on in my surgery since my followup was with a doctor who was not even present during it. My biggest complaint is that I was unable to do my one year follow up with him that I was told was necessary. I called his office over and over during their open hours and no one ever answered. I left multiple messages and was never given a call back. It has been a few years since then and I still experience complications and symptoms after my surgery that I wish I could have spoken to him about. His secretary must have decided for some reason that I was not worthy of the medical care I was supposed to receive and never called me back to schedule my appointment.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

Dr. Hamilton has been excellent has operated on me 3 times so far and I have all the trust in him. His staff have been very kind and helpful. I would recommend him to anyone that needs to be looked after by a great team. Thank you

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Removed Hamartomo in '99, ordered follow-up mri's. This year shows growth, & rude receptionist said all files are destroyed 2 years after surgery. I guess I just wait for this thing to blow up in my head!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

With two successful surgeries we could not have hoped for such a competent surgeon and the Foothills staff. Sherry was so helpful and his new assistant is great as well. I would recommend these caring people to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

Horrible bedside manner. Horrible secretary, will find any excuse she can to not do her job or help a patient. Great fellow. Poor understanding of consequences that could arise due to his surgeries. Has been telling my wife for 4 months that the blackouts she is having are nothing. Have asked 3 times in those 4 months for a referral to an ophthalmologist. asked his sectary sherry about it to which she replied I'll get to it when i get to it. Still waiting for the referral. We went to an optometrist for a second opinion to which he pretty much freaked out and tried to get my wife in to see a neuro ophthalmologist immediately. I am tired of trying to get anything done with this office dr H's fellow is the only person there worth dealing with. I do not envy anyone else that has to go through this office and I would urge you to keep your GP informed of everything s that he may offer referrals faster.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

Thank you Dr. Hamilton for making the right decision and for the successful surgery done on 05 Feb. I owe you. Also, the two fellow Surgeons were excellent. I would recommend you and your team to anyone with Hydrocephalus.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

Dr. Hamilton performed VP shunt surgery on my brother in 2010. Since, my brother has had complications due to pressure irregularities, and he has been sopitalized numerous times. Dr. Hamilton is a very intelligent man, who seemed very encouraging at the beginning. His secretary, Sherry is inconsiderate, rude, and seems to enjoy turning down requests and cancelling appointments. My brother feels helpless. My mother and stepdad have attempted to intervene because he doesn't want to deal with this woman. She even went so far as to tell him that Dr. Hamilton was on holidays, and he should go to emergency. While visiting him at the hospital, my mother bumped into Dr. Hamilton on the elevator and said hello. What a nice surprise...meanwhile Sherry called my brother to tell him she is cancelling his upcoming appointment because he was already at emergency. I will be making formal complaints further. Great doctor + self proclaimed expert administrator = 0 credibility.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2012

Dr. Hamilton has performed two surgeries on me for my ACM and he is wonderful. He knows his stuff and I would recommend him to anyone who is needing expertise on ACM.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2012

Dr. Hamilton has been very helpful with my Hydrocephalus. and my ongoing computations.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011

Dr. Hamilton saved my sons life in February 1997. I will always be extremely grateful to this wonderful man for his compassion and expertise. My son is now in his last year of school in the Kinesiology program at the University of Calgary.Even though my son was wearing a helmet he had a head injury skiing and Dr. Hamilton fixed him.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2011