Ratings for Dr. Pamela K. Richards

I've been going to Dr. Richards for over 20 years. At my request, she fit in a surgery prior to a change of jobs; thus, a change in insurance. She's always been kind, thorough, and thoughtful. I feel I'm in very capable hands.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

I wasn't happy with her. All my other sons was born early never made it past 37 weeks my 4th son i made her aware of past complications she didn't seem to care. At 36 weeks i was contracting at 3 minutes apart an dilated 3 she said it was normal to contract for 4 straight days at 3 minutes apart no its not. At 37 wks i wake up at 5am an blood every where an still contracting i do mean blood every where worse then a period ago to hospital. And she told nurse she would be there around 8 am she never once showed up she then decided she was gonna send me home bleeding until i threaten to sue then i was admitted that was at 11 am at 311pm i had my son. she never showed up to deliver are once check on me thru my labor worse doctor experience of my life. needless to say my 6 wk check up will not be with her

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

I will not be going back. Took three extraordinarily painful attempts to remove an endometrial tissue sample. Received a curt letter in the mail stating results recommending hysterectomy. Ridiculous. Although I did receive an apology for the way results were delivered, I'm not impressed.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

While I was pleased with the service on the first visit, and have gotten good ultrasounds, everything went downhill from there. I wait 45 minutes in the waiting room, ten minutes in the exam room, and she comes in and talks to me for five minutes. She doesn't take time to answer questions or help me understand what's going on, she asked me to call but then didn't return the call for a week, and I get "that's normal" a lot when other health professionals say it's not normal. We also have great insurance, but the office refuses to bill them. I really wanted to like her, but she just hasn't given me the care I expected.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011

I had one of my kids there. About a year after that i kept bleeding and she kept putting me off (it's normal). Changed Docs and was anemic already and needed surgery. After I asked for my records to be transfered I got a nasty letter. Would not go there ever again.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2008

Dr. Richards has been my ob/gyn for 7 years. I have the absolute highest regard for her. She delivered our son about a year and a half ago, even though she wasn't supposed to be at the hospital when he was born. We had a few complications, and she stayed with us through the delivery to ensure that everything went smoothly. Talking with her about concerns is easy -- she is realistic, yet compassionate. I feel safe in her care and would highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2008

I have been seeing Dr Richards for approximately nine years and have received outstanding care. Dr. Richards is very compassionate and knowledgeable. She truly cares about her patients both medically and emotionally. She does occasionally run behind in seeing her patients, but I know that she is giving her other patients the same type of attention that will be given to me in my appointment. I have recommended her to numerous patients including my three daughters. She has already delivered one of my grandchildren and is about to deliver two more. I would not want my daughters or myself to see anyone else and would recommend her highly to anyone who wants that special one on one attention that she gives to all of her patients

flag | Submitted May 22, 2007

I have been seeing Dr. Richards for almost 16 years now. She has been amazing!!!! Dr. Richards has seen me through three pregnancies and has given me the absolute best care. She is very thorough and and knowlegeable. I feel that I am in the best hands having her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2007

Whoever wrote the bad review about Pam Richards is totally off base! I have been going to Dr. Richards for about 15 years. She cared for me during my infertility and 2 pregnancies (one with twins) and gave me and my babies’ excellent care. She always errs on the side of caution, which is so appreciated especially during a high risk pregnancy, and always offers great medical advice. OB/GYNs have to know the intimate details of our lives and I feel Dr. Richards is very compassionate and understanding; and she helps her patients make healthy decisions. I know several other women who go to Dr. Richards and have referred numerous friends to her and not once have I heard anything bad about her! She is a very knowledgeable and caring doctor. Yes, it takes a while to get in to see her & on most days she does run behind; but I would rather go to a doctor who takes her time & cares about her patients than one that herds you in and out like cattle! There is no one I'd rather have as my ob/gyn!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2007

She really doesn't know a lot about medicine and is judgmental too. I was really uncomfortable with her and I don't feel that way for no reason. I ended up going to another doctor to get proper treatment for what turned out to be cancer. Stay away.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2007

Dr. Pamela K. Richards's Credentials

• Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)