Ratings for Dr. Klaus Gendemann

I really like dr. Gendemann. he is very wise and compassionate. I feel as though I have healed over the for years that I've seen him.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr klaus is a smart doctor, I recommend him if you need some medication to help you get though life.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Stay away from this slanty eyed goof, he is a terrible doctor!! I've never been so disappointed with a medical professional in all my life!!! This guy causes more mental problems then he cures!!! All the positive comments on this site are probably written by his own staff to make him look good!!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

I've been with Dr Gendemann for 11 years, he can be impatient with patients who are not willing to apply themselves and stay on treatment. He can seem cold, but he is not, he's a good doctor who's got to be detached to deal with a lot of what his patients go through, and that's more than understandable. My biggest issues at his office is his secretary in the new building can be rude, at one point she was on the phone with her friend/relative talking about how displeased she is with his patients and when I phones once to find out when my appointment was as I'd misplaced (I have memory issues, especially just after a session that brings up negative emotions) she snapped at me and said "This is why we give you a card", as if that is at all helpful or takes into account the nature of the patients.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Worst psychiatrist ever. Does not care. Yells. Angers easily. Wait a long time. Appointments last long enough to get drugs. Needs to retire. Only wants money.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

A grumpy old man who needs to retire. Doesn't seem to care anymore. Just in it for the money. Always late. Tired most of the time. Very very grumpy. Not a nice person. Often angry. Pills, pills, pills. Do not recommend.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Dr. Gendemann is a seasoned professional in psychiatry and in the treatment of associated diseases. I have been treated by him for over ten years and trust him implicitly with my care, and indeed, my life. Psychiatric and psychological issues are fraught with suspicion, tension, and doubt, but we must recognize that he has been a constant in our lives, even when we are absent because of our illnesses. He has always found a way to make a connection, especially when there were moments when I needed 'something' that I didn't even know I needed. Imagine if you had to get up each day facing each of us. His empathy and soft-spoken kindness goes beyond the call of duty. I worry when I realize that he may retire soon - who knows what we will be left to face? I believe that he worries, too.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

patient, kind, wise, helpful, caring, knowledgeable, realistic about the fact that medicine is not miracle, and that there are still lots of things science has yet to learn about brain function and treatment. SO glad I was able to get in to see him!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

I saw Dr. Gendemann several years ago for treatment of bipolar disorder. I'm writing this review today because after several years I still remember what an absolutely horrific experience it was. He relied heavily on fear tactics and there was not a single appointment that I went to where I didn't in tears leave feeling like a worthless human being. I actually regressed horribly after my experience with him and had 2 unsuccessful suicide attempts during and following my seeing him which really didn't phase him in the least. It wasn't until I got the courage to get another referral to a different psychiatrist that I really started to blossom. I'm now on minimal medication, am successful and have made a living home and family for myself. All with the help of my current psychiatrist and my parents who supported me through the whole ordeal. I can honestly say that if I didn't reach out for a new physician I would probably not be alive writing this today. He may actually be a good doctor for some, but if you are stuggling with guilt, manic behaviour, social anxiety, fear, low self esteem or depression, I would be very wary seeing this physician as his tactics caused nothing but an increase in those symptoms for me. Your relationship with your psychiatrist should be a partnership towards recovery, not an exercise of dominance and belittling.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

I agree with the other patients who have seen him recently. He is old and jaded and will blow you off. He is in it for the money now. A grumpy old man who no longer has the ability to care about his patients and their lives.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017