Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Laurie

Dr. Laurie completely missed the fact that I had severe pulmonary embolisms (in all four lobes of my lungs) even though I saw his at least three times complaining of shortness of breath. The last time I saw him I was having severe pain while coughing and could barely breathe. He did nothing but prescribe albuterol! About a week after I had to call ambulance for admittance to the ER where they right away diagnosed me and I'm lucky to be alive today, no thanks to Dr. Laurie! I would never recommend him to anyone. Ever.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2011

I've been with Dr. Laurie for over 10 years. His personality is inward, doesn't smile a lot but I think he really does care about his patients. If he doesn't understand something (which in my case has been often) he quickly forwards you to a specialist. He isn't really knowledgeable about female hormonal issues nor thyroid issues but is willing to listen to whatever research you've done on the subject. He recently diagnosed me with hypothyroidism after years of being misdiagnosed for depression. I had to do my own research and prompt him for specific tests but he did ok them. After getting copies of his notes I was appalled at the lack of understanding of hypothyroidism. After seeing him 4 times on this issue I finally asked for a referral to see my GYN and was then properly diagnosed with hypo with Hashi's and placed on correct type of medication. I like him as a person but after years of being passed around from specialist to specialist, I'm looking for another Internist.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2009

Dr. Michael A. Laurie's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)