Ratings for Dr. Amy Porter

I just went to see her for the first time and I am so glad I did. She took time to ask me questions and address my concerns. I found her knowledgeable and very personable and I didn't fine the appointment rushed at all. I didn't have a bad experience with the staff as others have stated. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

I started seeing Dr. Porter over 10 years ago and initially really liked her. As the years went on, I felt constantly rushed, her bedside manner worsened and she only seemed to care about you if you were pregnant. Over the past few years I had some health-related issues and she was not only uncaring, but condescending. I had to have mammograms and bloodwork done and the office never called with the results. Finally after me calling the office THREE times, someone returned my call. The office staff is completely incompetent and just as rude as she is. I will never return to see her and strongly urge you to find a different OB-GYN.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

Standard of care is borderline negligent. They clearly make no money off of non standard health issues ( such as miscarriages or D&R - so the drs pass you off to someone else and also do nothing to mitigate it. Nurse and front desk staff are completely disorganized and do not call you with test results nor do they complete forms insurance other drs forms for you.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

Dr. Porter is one rude person. On top, after tests neither the Dr. nor the staff call you with the results!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Dr. Porter is rude, condescending and unhelpful. Her office staff is overwhelmed, disorganized and unknowledgable. Overall, my experience with her office has been extremely disappointing.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

Boy I must have seen this dr and her staff on an off day.I read reviews and kinda looked beyond what some wrote, but should have took heed. The front office staff are rude AND I requested a manager-issues with copies of my medical records from another dr and SHE WAS RUDER than the staff. I mentioned this to the dr and she just said well we can do the test again! Sure why not charge my insurance again that why insurance is so high now DR'S DOING UNECCARY TEST. PLEASE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2012

I went for annual exam I KNOW I HAVE NO COPAY BUT STAFF INSULTS YOU SO MUCH YOU PAY TO SHUT THEM UP!! I have been going there for about 5 years and I am now changing doctors due to RUDE STAFF!!!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

dr and her staff are rude unprofessional and just plain stupid. I took my mother there and the doctor was unwilling to listen to what another dr said in flordia we had results but she had to run her own to blow up our bill staff told us copay was $25, I know it is $l5 and said there would be charge to send a bill this was after sitting & waiting for them for over 45 minutes

flag | Submitted October 3, 2010

Dr. Porter is intelligent, responsible, considerate, patient, thorough, and very caring with her patients. I trust her completely and hold her in the highest esteem. As a patient of hers for several years, I have always had a positive experience in her office. She answered all of my questions, clarified if I didn't understand something, and has an amazing bedside manner.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Dr. Porter has been my doctor throughout three pregnancies (two births, both C-sections) -- for about four years now. She and the other doctors are tremendously knowledgeable and helpful; they have all taken an interest in my personal situation and they all came to visit me in the maternity ward during their rounds in the hospital. I recommend Dr. Porter. Since I have been an OB patient, I have "cycled" through the other docs, so I know them fairly well. Dr. Vearry, Dr. Nguyen and Dr. Pak are my other favorites. The nurses are very good but slow to call back on test results and not at all proactive. I have sometimes had to call several times to get my results. The office staff is very unorganized. I get the impression that they are carrying a huge patient load and just don't have the resources they need to get the job done. In summary, good -- even great -- doctors, but not so good at running a customer friendly business.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2009

Dr. Amy Porter's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

MAMSI