Ratings for Dr. Alan Kwaselow

Was a patient for too long! Receptionist very rude and when I told her I had lost my inhaler stated I could make an appointment the following week. I asked her what happens if I can't breathe? She replied, "go to urgent care or call 911" wow! Asked her if I could speak to Dr. Kwaselow, she stated, "I know he's not going to give you one." Finally after calling back multiple times to ask, she asked him, he called in a refill for me(I have been on this inhaler for 10+years), and I made the first available appointment for the following week. My last experience was by far the worst... went there because of chest congestion, uncontrolled unproductive cough, and sinus pressure. He walked in and out of the room multiple times with different charts frazzled. I updated him on what has been going on and he wanted to go over my full history, what age it started etc... wanted to do full allergy testing that would take up to 2 hours, I declined because I couldn't lay flat to breathe. He assessed me 3x times, repeating his work, everything he stepped in and out of the room as if he forgot what he had already done. Couldn't figure out how to teach me a new inhaler, insisted multiple times I needed an epi pen(which i dont)then kept retracting the statement. He couldn't even tell me the correct date. These could all be small mishaps, but something didn't seem right and when it comes to your heath, we should feel safe and cared for. I will not be returning.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Kwaselow for years, and credit him with the good quality of my current health.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Took my son to this doctor for allergy testing, left with multiple meds for asthma. Dr. told me son was very sick with moderate to severe asthma. Recommended immunotherapy for 3 allergens. In my gut I felt he was over treating my son with inhaled steroids, etc. Son ended up in hospital three times the day after an allergy shot. Dr. insisted it was an asthma attack while hospital diagnosed him with laryngitis all 3 times. First time it happened called Dr. at 9am and was told to come in at 2:30 that afternoon, when we got there he said he was having an "event." If he was having an "event" at 9am why would he wait almost 5 hours to see him? Took son for 2 more opinions and both said pulmonary function tests were normal from the start.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

The receptionist is very rude and not respectful to patients. She is very loud. There is too many personal conversations between her and her favorite patients. She needs to be fired!!!!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

Absolute worst doctor ever! Only cares about taking your money!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

Love Dr. Kwaselow and staff. They are very friendly and helpful. Dr. Kwaselow is a very knowledgeable doctor. You need to listen to him!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012

he is very knowledgeable and has helped my asthma immensely with the latest medication

flag | Submitted February 18, 2011

Only problem with the doctor is he is always late. I waited 1 1/2 hours the last time to see him.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2009

Best alergy specialist I have ever seen. I went to him for years. I have moved recently and miss him a lot.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2007

Dr. Alan Kwaselow's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1978)