Ratings for Dr. Daryl W. Baron

I went to Doctor Baron because I thought he specialized in thyroid issues I was told he would not treat me until he did a complete exam. His receptionist was quite rude and insisted I sign release forms for all medical records. I was told I needed blood work and when I requested a certain test be done Dr Barron went ballistic started yelling at me and asking me why I thought I needed this test when it cost $150. my insurance plan was paying so his behavior didn't make any sense. he talk down to me and was very rude during the exam. when I told his receptionist I did not wish to come back and to destroying my medical releases she sent them out anyways and collected information from several of my past physicians. this really concerns me why he would be interested in doing this. when I called to cancel my follow up visit I did receive a call from Dr Barron apologizing for his rude behavior. the fact he apologized really surprise me but I had no interest in continuing with the relationship. from reading the other reviews he clearly has an emotional problem and shouldn't be in practice.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

After being a patient of Dr. Barrens for the last 15 years I changed insurance policies . I came down with what I believe to be a respiratory infection and made an appointment to see the doctor. After a $50 co-pay and 30 minutes in the waiting room and another 25 minutes in the patient room Dr. Baron came in and told me he doesn't except my insurance. He then told me that I needed to go to the emergency room because he could and would not help me. Previous unpleasant experiences with him include him withholding asthma medication until I came in for an appointment so he could recheck my situation( it had only been a few months since a physical) if you are on the market for a good doctor, keep looking because he is awful👎

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

12.9.2010 This morning my wife woke up with severe neck and back pain. She asked me for two Advil at 7am and I literally had to support her back and neck and slowly help her up in order to give them to her. We have two small children and she probably pulled a muscle getting one of the babies out of the crib. At any rate, she said she'd like to go to a chiropractor but said it hurt too much to be touched just yet and would I call the clinic and see if I could get her a muscle relaxer or strong anti-inflammatory prescription. I called the clinic where we've been patients for the last 20 years hoping to get our regular doctor on the phone. Being a Saturday, only the on-call doctor was available, Dr. Daryl Baron. Dr. Baron read my wife the riot act over the phone. He questioned her character, implied that she was making things up, and made her feel like some street junkie trying to score. He was so rude and offensive she was in tears when she got off the phone. Very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2010

If you are the type of well-informed, generally healthy person who likes to have a significant say in your well-being and treatment options, prepare to defer to the "my-way-or-the-highway" Dr. Baron or suffer the consequences of being dropped as a patient. He will threaten to withhold Rx refills if you do not see him FREQUENTLY.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2009

Dr. Daryl W. Baron's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1985)