Ratings for Dr. Washington Munoz

He performed a laparoscopy on me about ten years back due to pain I was having. He was the first doctor to take me seriously and look into why I was having pain. He told me that everything was healthy and suggested that I go and get my lower back checked and sure enough I needed back surgery. It had been years of seeing doctors and them telling me the pain was all in my head or prescribing birth control pills. The incision from surgery healed just fine. No infections and very little pain.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2010

Very thorough and gentle man. Seems to be a perfectionist in his field. Which is a very good thing. he saved my life twice by doing that!!! Will miss him greatly when he is done practice.:(

flag | Submitted March 1, 2010

So with my first child I had Dr Malach as my OB/GYN. I was already 5 days overdue and I really wanted to have the baby come on his own time. Dr Malach was going on vacay and had schedualed an enduction with this ****. I had told malach that I really wanted to wait another week and although he didnt like the idea i wouldnt go in any earlier as long as the baby was still healthy. so that week went by and i went in for my enduction. I waited for almost 3 hours for him to come into my room look at me and tell me hat his staff didnt inform him of this enduction and to go home. They reschedalled my enduction with malach 3 days after he came back from vacay and when he got home malach called me on the phone and told me to come to the hospital in the morning ( 3 days before the 2nd schedualled enduction) He was Furious that i was not enduced cause it could have caused severe problems. This doctor doesnt give a**** about anything other than his paycheck. STAY AWAY

flag | Submitted August 20, 2009

I was referred to Dr. Munoz. I had endometriosis, he put me on medication and sent me on my way. I told him i had been experiencing sever pain and very heavy bleeding. He told me to go on birth control but i had already been on it for 3 years. And any one with endometriosis knows that birth control with estrogen in it makes endo worse. It actually feeds off the endo. So Dr.Munoz said the only thing that will make the endo go away was if i got pregnant. I was 20 years old and in college. How was that good advice at all. He gave me some medication for the pain and sent me on my way. A month later i ended up with the hospital because i was loosing so much blood i need a transfusion. I had and emergency D&C and a month later had a laperoscopy. That was in 2005, he has never contacted me since the operation and i am still suffering from extreme menstrual pain, and heavy periods, im in and out of the hospital. I did not find him to be helpful at all!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2009

4 years ago I had to have emergency surgery to remove my right ovary (the last)&cysts.(Had already had a hysterectomy.)Ended up with Munoz. When I came out of surgery,I was BLACK,beyond bruised,from my breasts down to the top of my legs,on my back,and on my bum.After 2 days out of the hospital I started going into convulsions,and my urine was straight blood.I had bladder,kidney,and staff infections.I was in constant pain, and after 6 months and over 15 doctors,I finally found one who knew what he had done.I had such severe nerve damage my incision wasnt closing or healing on the inside.5 months ago I started to bleed and have pain. Did an ultrasound,and guess what they found? Even on the second ultrasound, same results.I had an ovary!All this time I had been on premarin.I cant be operated on to remove them AGAIN.So now I am on chemo injections to try to shut down an ovary that isnt supposed to be there.So what did he do to me in the operating room that left me in in such a mess&pain???

flag | Submitted June 14, 2009

I have been having issues since the birth of my second child-postpartum, very emotional mood swings during my cycle,pain,NO sex drive etc. My GP referred me to a Munoz because my local city was a 9 month waiting list. Munoz told me that I suffer from normal PMS-either my family can deal with in or move out for 10 days. For the pain he said I could be checked for endremotrosis but it wasn't necessary. For the mood swings he prescribed Ada van. Why do these Dr. treat drugs like a candy? The worst part is for my low sex drive (which was normal before my 2nd child) he told me to watch**** and use a vibrator and if that doesn't work see a shrink. Said I am too young for hormonal imbalance-which is fine except I know this isn't normal and I feel he didn't care. I cried all the way home-2 hr drive. This Dr was creepy-he even went into an explanation of testosterone and sexual predators being mostly men because they are victims of their own hormones. I am mortified by his opinion and care.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2009

Dr Munoz, Delivered my daughter by emergency c-section 11 years ago, He was very pleasant.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2009

This doctor did a laparoscopy and documented where my ovarian cyst was but did not remove it. His office then called me 2 weeks after to tell me I needed to schedule an appointment with Dr. Munoz so that he could schedule the laparoscopy to remove the cyst. I then went to a different Dr., by the time I had the laporscopy to remove the cyst it had doubled in size, but it was in the exact spot that he documented.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2008

Dr. Munoz removed an ectopic pregnancy from me. In doing so, he "nicked" my fallopian tube. For more than a year, I had such bad cramps, I couldn't work. Even now, during ovulation, I cramp up. It hurts. Would never recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2008

I had this doctor when my other doctor had some conference an he said that he'd take care of my delivery of our son. Which was all fine until we met him an he suggested we get a c section. I said that would be fine, because our son was in fact in danger. But after all was done our son was here safe an sound. I had gotten really sick, extermely high fever that would not break until 5 days of being in hospital. which i was told that i had gotten an infection well in delivery of our son. Makes you wonder if he actually washed his hands, One thing i am thankful that our son was here safe an sound. and was only in the nicu for 9 days due to jaundice which was not in his control. But he could have had a better bed side manner. And mayve not recommend c sections every women that walks into his office. I'd not planning on returning to this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2008