Ratings for Dr. Mary Michaiel

After a car accident Dr. Michaiel did not refer me to any diagnostic imaging to see my injuries. After telling her that I was in pain nearly a year later in the same spot the injury occurred, she rolled her eyes at me and told me that whiplash injuries only last 6-8 weeks and that I had injured myself instead. This was in complete disagreement with the physiotherapist I was working with. She told me I was fine when I went to see her a few months earlier which I vehemently denied especially since I was in the midst of my physiotherapists treatments. Extraordinarily dismissive. Seek elsewhere. Shes really bad.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Dr. Michaiel needs to upgrade and educate herself in new treatments and medical technology and testings. She has been proven wrong with her diagnostic by other specialists. If you have severe injuries or medical issues, go see a different doctor.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Dr. Michaiel is hands down the worst doctor I've ever had. In addition to rude reception staff, Dr. Michaiel is incredibly dismissive, slow, and treats you like you're just a number. Of all the visits I've made to her office, with an appointment, I've never waited less than 40 minutes to be seen. Furthermore, Dr. Michaiel seems to have little regard for the opinions or concerns of her patients. In response to my request for a refill on anti-depressants (which had originally been filled by another doctor), she told me to get more exercise and eat better; as nearly anyone can tell you, diet and exercise are not a cure-all for severe depression. Most recently, I waited over an hour to see her to discuss a skin condition, but was turned away after 5 minutes of talking to her. I don't usually write reviews like this, but Dr. Michaiel is a terrible physician and I strongly discourage anyone from seeing her or visiting her clinic unless it is an absolute emergency. Even then, you'd likely be seen faster at another clinic as a walk-in.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

I have been with her for many years and I have seen her evolve as a caring doctor. She is open to what I have to say and has worked with me to improve my health. She is truly a caring Doctor.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

She definitely needs to update her knowledge on some illnesses. I have had a terrible experience, and honesty do NOT recommend her. Find yourself a doctor who knows what they're talking about.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Worst Doctor I've ever seen. Quite quick to give out prescriptions with little to no rapport. You feel very much like a patient on a conveyor belt, in and out with little care or empathy. She made me feel like my knowledge of my own body was irrelevant to her diagnosis. She misdiagnosed my mother (dismissed her when claiming she had a bad bladder infection, went to another clinic the next day and was confirmed she had a very severe infection). I'd say the chances of her misdiagnosing serious ailments are very high simply due to her very poor listening skills, and plain and simple lackadaisical attitude, she has little interest in patient care or well-being. Time to retire.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

She is terrible. If she doesn't like what you say, will roll her eyes at you, that' s pretty disrespectful. She is nothing but a pill pusher with really poor bedside manner-I call her Dr. Quac

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

I love this doctor so much. She has been my family doctore ever since I moved to Canada. She is so sweet and so caring, and always gives me the health care that I need. I would definatly reccomend her for anyone living in the country hills area !

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

I went to see Dr. Michaiel at the Harvest Hills Medical Clinic after I was in a car accident. She didn't recommend that I go have x-rays or see a specialist. I went to see a chiropractor anyway because the pain was getting to be too much to not look into. It turns out I have stage 2 whiplash and fractured ribs. I would not recommend this doctor if you want your health to be taken seriously.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Michaiel for a few years now and always find her to be kind and helpful. She is understanding and sensitive to my concerns.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015