Ratings for Dr. Chaim Vanek

He confused me with other patients, didn't treat me like a person and overall was no help. He didn't listen to me about my symptoms and didn't seem to care. He also told me something that turned out to be UNTRUE when I went to see 2 other doctors. My problems were not autoimmune as he had stated.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

Dr. Vanek, who was my endocrinologist when I had a life-threatening condition, downplayed all my concerns. He would say that if my test results came back with higher levels I'd need to be hospitalized. The test would come back higher, and he'd say wait and take another test. Repeat repeat repeat. He did not seem to care how sick I was getting. When I asked him what to do about dealing with the well-known emotional side affects of my medical problem, he said he didn't know because he didn't do "that sort of medicine." He showed no concern. He spoke with my doctor and told her my symptoms were due to depression from a family tragedy four years ago. It was patronizing and wrong. After my surgery finally happened, he told me to take the wrong supplement to take, causing me months of continued illness.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

Dr. Chaim Vanek's Credentials

• Or Hlth Sci Univ Sch Of Med, Portland Or 97201 (Grad. 1999)

HealthPartners