Ratings for Dr. Joyce M. Mitchell

We have seen Dr. Mitchell for the last 5 years. She was always very kind and knowledgable but our last couple of visits were difficult. She barely examinedchild, and was almost condescending to me. It took two visist and my insistance to get her to run a lab which ended up showing a bacterial infection. Not sure what has changed but its a shame becuase I really trusted her before this.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013

I find her bedside manner to be gentle with the kids but a tad harsh with the parents. The nursing staff is great. Dr. Mitchell came into the room muttering about the "bane of her existence". If she is my two children's pedi. again, I will likely walk out.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

Dr. Mitchell is absolutely AMAZING!! I am first time mother and was a very nervous parent. My daughter is now 9 months old and we are so fortunate to have Dr. Mitchell as our Ped. She is very patient, answers all my questions, is a kind person, and sometime laughs when we bring concerns but not in a mean way. She reassures us and is a very caring doctor. we love her!!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2012

I have to disagree that Dr. Mitchell is harsh. I find her bedside manner to be relaxed and experienced. I have 2 boys and wouldnt take them to anyone else. My insurance is changing, I will continue to take my children to her, even if I have to pay out of pocket. I highly reccomend her, especially for new or nervous parents.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

I agree with the other commenter that she can come off a little harsh, but she is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2008

Great doctor & very honest. We have two children, 15 and 5 and we've been with her for 8 years. Even when our insurance options changed, we continued to see her even though we are now paying out of pocket for office visits. She is totally worth the extra expense!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2008

She has always been very helpful and understanding with my children. She may come off as a little harsh at first but she knows what she is doing. I have never had to question her ability as a Dr.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2007

Dr. Joyce M. Mitchell's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1988)