Ratings for Dr. Gary Chesser

Can I put my name? Craig Robinson. I've had Dr.Chesser for approx 27 yrs & for the last 10-13 yrs, it has been like chinese water torcher. First off, his secretary makes the beginning so painful, that Dr.Chesser could walk on water and he would still receive a mediocre score. When his wife handles the phone or takes care of you upon arrival, things are much more pleasant. If it wasn't necessary to require a dr for renewing prescriptions, I would probably use emergency or after hours to handle any of my needs. He just doesn't cut the mustard anymore and his secretary is such a terrible person to talk to, that I can't say anything nice about my 27 years of experience with him. Hope to find a new dr before he sells his endless list of names for a profit, he may make more from the list if he leaves out the secretary. Even better, if he has to drop another letter (please choose R). In rgds to grading of punctuality, its a dr office, what do you expect. Also great at giving referrals.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

Dr. Chesser has been my doctor since my early teens. He has always been good to me. Sometimes his sense of humor could be toned down when discussing serious moments. I put (4) instead of 5 because of his afternoon Secretary. She makes you feel that you shouldn't have called cause she has to do work (& she makes sure you hear her hang up in your ear to tell you that she is annoyed). She really should look for another job as she does not appreciate her job. When I call in the morning the AM Secretary listens to you & books you according to how serious your issue is...she is very nice. His referrals are very quick which is non stressful! He will be truly be missed when he retires & is a blessing.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011

It's time for Dr. Chesser to hang up his stethoscope. He very often tries to blow off your problem with humor, which although is funny at times, it does not do anything for what you're in for. In my opinion he is a dinosaur and would do more good at home or out fishing. His afternoon receptionist is worth mentioning. I have neve in my 40 years had to deal with someone as rude as her. When I call for an appointment, she makes me feel as though I am trying to book her personal time. I also made then mistake of getting on her bad side so now when I go for appointments, she makes me wait longer. It's so bad that I won't take an afternoon appointment anymore, and I won't call in then afternoon anymore either. It's time for her to get a new job (I hear the nasty factory is hiring)

flag | Submitted September 15, 2010

Family Doctor for 30+ years. Very up to date on new drugs, not as knowledgable on new treatments available. Biggest concern is dificulty in getting appointments on short notice (within 2 days) so I have to use after hour clinics often if I have an infection of flu. Have had to wait two week to get appointments just to get perscription filled, so I'm assuming the long waits are a result of half the patients in the office are there for refills, it would be nice if there was a way to streamline that process

flag | Submitted May 9, 2008

I have been a patient of Dr. Chesser for 32 years and am very satisfied. He has a great sense of humor and puts you at ease. In addition, he takes the time to address any questions you may have and will refer you to a specialist or for tests as required. It will be difficult to find another doctor to fill his shoes. His nurses and receptionist have always been very professional. My entire family are also patients of Dr. Chesser and are very pleased with him as well.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2007

Dr.Chesser has been my doctor since I was a baby(37 years!).He listens and if you are worried about something he doesn't hesitate to send you to a specialist.He has a good sense of humour and makes you feel at ease during those yearly woman tests ;)He also delivered MY daughter 10 years ago.I am sad he will retire soon.I do agree his receptionists have always been lacking in manners,and friendliness.His nurse is awesome,as is his wife :)

flag | Submitted July 1, 2007

As a young child, Dr.Chesser was the best doctor you could ever ask for, but as i grew up and was faced with many medical conditions, he could only draw blanks. As a young seventeen year old, i was put through hell while trying to find a diagnoses for my disease. Dr. Chesser was completely and udderly useless. If you have a cold, an ache, etc..call Dr.Chesser, otherwise, go see someone who will ACTUALLY do something! P.S It would do him good to get rid of that rude impolite receptionist. (And you've got to be pretty bad when a teenager notices how disrespectful you are!!!)

flag | Submitted May 25, 2007

Dr. Chesser has a great sense of humour. This is very important in a relationship that sometimes has uncomfortable situations. There is so much new medical information every day; I feel no doctor can be expected to be on top of everything. He is never offened if I come in with information I've found on the internet regarding illnesses or new meds he may not know about. I've been with him for 23 years. I dread the day he retires and I'll have to find a new doctor.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2007

I love Dr Chesser he was the dr that deliverd me when I was born plus he is my whole family's dr. HE IS AWESOME I rated him a 2 for punctuality because the only time I have never been waiting for an hour or more is when I am the first appt of the day. I rated him a 4 on helpfulness because he helps as best he can. I rated him a 4 for knowledgable because even doctors as wise as they are don't know everybody. however trying to get into see him you have better luck winning the lotteryand His recptionest's could also use a course lesson in politeness.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2007

Dr. Chesser is a super doctor! I love him dearly! I first saw him in 1974 when I moved to Moncton and he has been my doctor ever since. When I was diagnosed with MS in October 2004, he helped with any referals that I needed. He has a super sense of humour and I told last month that he reminds me of Brent Butt from the TV show - Corner Gas!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2007