Ratings for Dr. Clifford C. Heindel

Dr.Heindel performed an emergent brain surgery on my husband and saved his life without complications. He explained everything and took as much time as we needed, we didn't feel rushed at all. Very caring doctor and he is amazing at what he does! Thanks to him our four young children have their Dad. We can't thank him enough.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

He treated me like an adult that deserved to know all her information. He went over the MRI and CT scan with precision and answered all my questions. He has a cautious intelligence I appreciate,Consulting with a specialist at Mass General. I will have Dr Heindel do this surgery. 41 years experiance. I'm not big on bedside manner I don't need personality but I do need a Dr who will fight for my best interest and who will feel comfortable with my questions. I am certain he has heard all these questions before. He contacted me when he told me he would. Dr's have emergencies it's part of the job and if it is an inconvenience oh well I'll be thankful when he's there for me. Great Doctor

flag | Submitted November 29, 2010

He took well over an hour in consultation. This was after I cancelled surgery with him. He then called me and suggested that I come in for a consult. Best thing I did. He explained exactly what he planned on doing, using images from my MRI, as well as spine models. Since I was able to walk unaided the second time I saw him, he said that I posed a very different question since he saw me last. We decided on therapy, and exercise to help me with sever spinal stenosis and degenerative disk disease. He was in no rush to operate. I may have to have surgery down the road, and if I do, he will be the doctor I choose.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2009

I was experiencing some lower back pain. Went to the MD had xrays and was told that I may have herniated disks. Suggested that I go to specialist and was sent to Heindel with my records. He asked why I was there, apparently didn't read my records. When he did get the films, he said he didn't agree with earlier diagnosis and ordered a myelogram. Went for a follow up visit after the myelogram and it was cancelled after I got to his office. (I live 1.5 hr. drive from Heindel's office.) Rescheduled the appointment and when I arrived, I waited 1/2 hr. and the appointment was cancelled again! I was told he had to leave for an emergency. Ya right! Four trips to this man's office, one trip to Portsmouth Hosp., over $100. in gas and copays, several days lost time at work and I still have not received a definative answer or diagnosis for my back pain. Find someone else if you can. He obviously didn't care about me so I doubt he will about you.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2008

Dr. Clifford C. Heindel's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1969)

Great West