Ratings for Dr. Stephen Langton

I absolutely loved having doctor Langton as my obygn! I had gone to him for both of my children i have now (which are 6 and 8 years old) and i am expecting another baby in 2017 and i was hoping to be able to have him for this child as well as far as i am aware he is now retired which sucks in my opinion! I loved how it didn't take long for him to see me i was rarely ever waiting more then 15 minutes to get in to see him most doctors i find can take quit long in my opinion.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

I was referred to Dr.Langton by Dr. Janice May, who was my doctor until I developed Gestational Diabetes. He delivered my son in Jan/1999, I was a single Mom, and quite young..he was very compassionate, and took very good care of me during my pregnancy. He was very gentle and patient when he broke my water, he was very concerned of how I was feeling... After 10 hours of labor, and and dialating very slowly, as I was alone, he gave me a C-Section, after I begged him. I was really scared, and Dr.Langton was very reassuring. after he delivered my son, he held my hand and we talked for a while..He came to see us every day until we were discharged, and he remained my Dr until I moved away when my son was only 5 months old. He also put in my IUD and was so caring... Dr.Langton helped me get through a rough pregnancy, and even though I was young and scared, he kept me positive.I wished he could have delivered my second child in 2005.. Dr. Langton, thank you so much.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011

I enjoyed Dr. Langton's openness and humour but found that he didn't even finish letting me explain the issues I was having before jumping in with a solution. I had to be quite assertive to discuss a variety of solutions with him rather than just the one he was bent on. He is not a very good listener and I felt like the knowledge I have of my own body was dismissed over his professional knowledge before he would even hear me out. He performed the surgery when I had one ovary removed for a cyst and they almost took out the wrong one. It's a good thing he ran it past me before they put me under and I caught the mistake. And the removal of it did not help with the severe cramping I get like I was led to believe it would. Obviously he is not at fault for that but I feel like I was not told straight up about the potential that it would not be effective.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2011

Dr. Langton is a bit old school, but has always been very helpful and listened to my concerns. I was told that a hysterectomy was the only way to go for my situation and Dr. Langton has been more than helpful in looking for alternative treatments. LOVE his sense of humour!! Is he in a hurry? Of course!! He has lots of patients to see, but if you have genuine concerns, he makes the time to listen! Dr. Langton is very caring and I would not hesitate to recomment him to anyone!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2010

Dr. Langton has been my dr.for over 20 years. I referred him to my daughter and we both find him VERY caring, knowledgeable and understanding. Dr. Langton can seem to be in a hurry at times, you just have to be assertive and ask him up front about issues or tell him you need more time or more clarification. He is very down to earth and talks to you like a person. He will listen to your concerns and be very honest with his answers. I had severe menopause issues and he worked with me to find a solution. I also had a very painful case of Endometriosis which I suffered from for a long time with treatments provided by other doctors that did not work, Dr. Langton was able to entirely remove all of the problem and I am pain free today. I find him to be EXTREMELY knowledgeable and believe he has many more good years to offer his patients. I sincerely hope he continues to stay in practice, I don't know if I could find a more caring dr. out there. Thank you Dr. Langston.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2010

Dr. Langton is VERY old school. I had a surprise pregnancy after the Depo shot at 21 years old. During my first pregnancy he was generally ok, but my delivery was not pleasant. He shut off my epidural completely and when I told him I could feel tearing he blew me off and told me to suck it up. I barely saw him that day except for maybe 20 minutes total out of my 12 hour labour. 1.5 yrs later I had a very early miscarriage and he was compassionless. He was my OB for 8 months of my last pregancy in which I had unexplained bleeding throughout. The last straw was when I was admitted for bleeding 4 weeks before my due date, he ordered an ultrasound which returned normal, but he refused to discharge me because he was off shift until 12 hours later and I had a 1.5 yr old son at home. I left AMA and he "fired" me as a patient. I haven't seen him since and that was 5 yrs ago. My baby was delivered at the Sturgeon and they were fantastic. He and Lynn (who is useless)need to retire!!!!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2009

I was having infertility problems and went to see Dr. Langton. I initially found him abrasive and dismissive; however I did continue to see him. Eventually he recommended a hysterosalpingogram, a procedure where the inject dye into the cervix to see if there is a blockage in the fallopian tube. During the procedure, he inserted and opened a speculum (the same kind used during regular exams) while attempting to clamp my cervix. He could not find my cervix and after 5 minutes of looking, he wanted to turn the speculum upside down for a better view. He did so without closing or removing the speculum. Needless to say there was much tearing and much blood. I would NEVER recommend this doctor. I saw him for 11/2 years before this incident. 2 months after switching to a new doctor I was diagnosed with PCOS and on meds. Pregnant in another 2 months.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009

He was my doctor for my annual exams for many 16 years. I had moved 2 1/2 hours away from edmonton but continued to see him thinking of still delivering in Edmonton. When I had to have my RH shot I needed more paperwork than he provided so chose to see a more local dr. Thats when I discovered that Dr. Langton was to old school for me. He actually put his ear to my stomach to listen for a heartbeat not a machine. I did not go back after this. I was also dissappointed that my urine sample plastic glass with all my personal details like phone number and health care number went into the public trash after my appointments. He could not tell my what the rash was on my tummy nor could the other dr in the office but the local dr. suggested aveno and the rash cleared up in a day.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2008

He did not take my considers seriously and was always in a rush. And he performed a botched surgery on my mother. He should retire!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2008