Ratings for Dr. Raafat Abdel-Shahid

As a patient, you need to let your doctor know what you have, to properly be diagnosed. This doctor will not let you speak, and will just prescribe you things without knowing what the problem is. Really has a brain the size of a birdseed.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Dr Shahid was the worst dr i have ever been to in my life. 30 yrs ago he delivered my first child. He was rude rude rude. I remember watching woman crying coming out of his office at appts. I went into labour and went through full labour. He was yelling at me to push and I was so numb that I could feel nothing. He just kept yelling at me. Then he decided to do a c section. He was still yelling. He hurt me so bad. I still couldnt walk after one month of delivery. He sewed me up like a piece of meat. He folded the skin over and loop stitched around it and pulled tight. It looked like an extra roll of skin. I never went back to him. The next dr that saw my scar during appt for my second child asked me who did that to me. I said Dr Shahid. He told me that that was aweful and he would fix it for me and he did. Dr Bill Mccleod was a god send. I have told my children and everyone I know. Run from this man. Never ever let him get near you or your vagina. He is pain.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2013

I was 21 and having my second baby. dr Shahid was always very short and rude with me. But the last time I ever went to him was after my son was born, Dr Shahid did not delvier my baby Dr.Leung did and when I went back to explain that I had tore on both sides and it was very painful and I was not stitched he looked at the paper work regarding my deliver a nd said it doe snot state that here in the report. I said well maybe the dr did not notice from the blood he only stitched me down. I said can you please look because it is excrusiating when I urinate. he refused to look told me I was a liar and that it is not very nice to make things up like that. I had 3 more babies after Dr. Brad Jasey was my Dr. he was amazing. i told him why I would not go back to Dr Shahid and what had happened and he said that is something that has happened a few times with his patients and that there is a numbing cream that he gives to his patients when they come to him about it.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010

flag | Submitted November 5, 2009

Awful bedside manner, not sensitive at all. I too felt nervous at appointments and tried to get them over with. not a good experience for a first time mother. overall was ok, but manners were extremely lacking.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2009

I have never been cared for better. He is now retired and I am struggling to see a new doctor. He was very caring and took his time. He is indeed one of the smartest Doctors I have seen. He definitely new his stuff and took it very seriously. I thank him for all he did.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2008

Dr. Abdel-Shahid was the most thoughtful, courteous and patient doctor that we have ever encountered. He was very considerate to our situation.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2008

I have never in my whole life been treated so poorly by a Dr. Rude, inconsiderate condensending and abrasive. At times I thought he was stressed because he would be super nice one min and mean the next. I got to the point that I would get knots in my stomache before each appt. Even his staff were afraid of him. And then to top it all off when I told him something was very wrong he said "Your the one who wanted to be pregnant" Well I delivered 2 and a half mnths early. the nurses at the hospital were afraid to call him. When he got there he asked me very abruptly "WHY ARE YOU HERE?" I thought he was joking but the nurse whispered to me to answer him. He asked again and again more loudly until I answered "My water broke" Next pregnancy different Dr. he listened to what I told him and he nailed the problem at the 3rd mnth. I would suggest you go to your local cable company for better care during your pregnancy.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2008

Shahid's manners are very abrasive He preformed a hysterectomy on me 4 years ago and I have yet to go back.Most other doctor would sew and not staple for minimal scarring.my scar is massive and thick because the staples twisted and he missed one when removing them causing great pain. He yelled at me for wincing when he was removing the infected staple. Never would I recommend him to other women!!!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2008

Dr. Shahid was treating me for infertility. On one perticular occasion I had been sent directly to his office following a visit to the emergency room for severe vaginal bleeding. Upon my arrival to his office, he yelled and insulted me for showing up without an appointment. After a lengthy berating, he decided to "take a look" to see what I had deemed to be so serious. Once on the dreaded table, he removed the towel that was being used for a "sanitary napkin" and blood poured down from the table and onto the floor, he screamed for his nurse to come "clean up this mess". Needless to say, I was admitted to the hospital immediately. I was frightened and very weak when I had arrived at his office that day and I could have done without his ranting. I have heard many other negative comments regarding his bedside manner. His skills and knowlege as a specialist are commendable. I did find a new doctor. One that I wasn't afraid of.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2007