Ratings for Dr. Ian Symington

Always a great experience. He is patient and helpful with a good sense of humour.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Great doctor. Takes the time to listen and works with you. Highly recommended as a family doctor.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

He used to be great in the beginning. However we experienced a few occasions where he brushed off pain, made excuses and basically said it was all in my head. I went to someone else who was able to get the results from tests he did and it showed I did indeed have something wrong. When I had a miscarriage, he told me that "it wasn't really a baby". He became an insensitive jerk. He was always slow, if your appointment was for 1:30, you were lucky to see him by 2:30. He has now moved locations and he is starting to get better again, He will look things up sometimes if he isn't sure.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Our whole family sees Dr. Symington. He is the best! My kids think he is the best too! He takes the time to listen and does not rush you. He is a very patient and kind man. So very blessed to have him.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

I feel very blessed to have Ian as my family Doctor. I experienced a severe trauma and he went above and beyond to ensure I did not slip through the health care cracks. He continues to take the time needed to ensure all my issues and concerns are addressed. I could not say enough good things about him.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Wonderful doctor takes the time to listen and does what he can to make you better

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

He's the best doctor anyone can have. Im blessed to have him as one :)

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Great doctor - knowledgeable and caring. Down to earth as well.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Dr Symington is the absolute best. Our family has had him for several years now and he's been through many trying situations with us all. He has always been there for us and because of him we have gotten through all the hard & very difficult situations. He is a Dr with a lot of knowledge, a kind & very caring person who listens. We are so very fortunate to have the very best in a Doctor. We as his patients absolutely love him!!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

I have known Dr. Symington for a while as he was once my teacher in high school and coached my track team. He obviously brought those skills to his practice, because he is a patient Doctor who takes time to listen and make sure his patients understand what is being presented. He looks after both of my ageing parents and I feel a huge amount of relief that they are under his care. We need more doctors like him that combine excellent clinical skills with strong communication skills. Great patient experience and effectiveness all in one.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr. Ian Symington's Credentials

• University of Ottawa (Grad. 2011)

• BCBS Illinois