Ratings for Dr. Ian Symington

Wonderful doctor takes the time to listen and does what he can to make you better

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

He's the best doctor anyone can have. Im blessed to have him as one :)

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Great doctor - knowledgeable and caring. Down to earth as well.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Dr Symington is the absolute best. Our family has had him for several years now and he's been through many trying situations with us all. He has always been there for us and because of him we have gotten through all the hard & very difficult situations. He is a Dr with a lot of knowledge, a kind & very caring person who listens. We are so very fortunate to have the very best in a Doctor. We as his patients absolutely love him!!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

I have known Dr. Symington for a while as he was once my teacher in high school and coached my track team. He obviously brought those skills to his practice, because he is a patient Doctor who takes time to listen and make sure his patients understand what is being presented. He looks after both of my ageing parents and I feel a huge amount of relief that they are under his care. We need more doctors like him that combine excellent clinical skills with strong communication skills. Great patient experience and effectiveness all in one.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

I have almost always been impressed and satisfied with Dr. Symington and his approach to health care. I say almost because there was an issue I brought to him that he didn't interact with me as he probably should. I do have to take some responsibility, but in conferring with another physician (a friend) it seems likely he bears at least some blame for not questioning me further. However, this is but a minor incident I bring up only to suggest to others that they bring all relevant information in an orderly format. Had I been more adamant and detailed in my presentation of symptoms, I think my very minor issue would have been avoided.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

Dr. Ian Symington is our family doctor and having been to many doctors as now I no longer live in Sudbury made me realize how great of a doctor he is. He always listens and cares and considers many options before arriving to a conclusion. He is knowledgeable and also very kind which are two great qualities a doctor should have. Appointments are a bit harder to get, so you need to book in advance but I highly recommend Dr. Symington!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

I was quite nervous taking on a male doctor after my female doctor left town. I quickly became at ease with Ian as my doctor. I have kept him on his toes in the last 3 years as he has had to send me to many specialists and have had to have 3 operations in one year. He is a great doctor who is not afraid to send you to someone when he can not do what needs to be done. I have much respect for this doctor and hope he is around for many years to come.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

Very nice doctor and caring. Seems to explore all avenues to find out the physical problems. Never feel rushed and he takes more then enough time to explain everything. Very relaxed man. His nurse is nice, but the secretary needs an attitude adjustment.ery rude at times. She needs to be more caring ad we are not there for the fun of it. No us no job.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

He is the best Dr. anyone could have. You are always treated with care and respect as a person. He seems to always remember your previous problems and wants to make sure everything is still going OKay. He looks you in the eye when you speak to him and listens till you are done. He CARES!! What a GREAT DOCTOR!! Our whole family just loves him. It is so nice to know you can have absolute trust and faith in him. You know he'll do his absolute best for you each and every time, what a great feeling. Keep up the good work Dr. Symington, you are the Best!!!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2012

Dr. Ian Symington's Credentials

• University of Ottawa (Grad. 2011)

Golden Rule