Ratings for Dr. Naomi Grobstein

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

Very disappointed with the doctor. I am a breast feeding mom who saw her for flu like symptoms. She told me to call back after the weekend if I wasn't feeling better. I called the office twice today and no one ever called back. Now my symptoms are worst including pink eye. Great way to treat your patients! hide details ?

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

the best. she has been my doctor for as long as i can remember

flag | Submitted December 13, 2012

Yikes! What to say. I went in for an annual physical, and wanted to get a referral for a mammogram, as my mother had recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. Dr. Grobstein not only refused, saying I was too young (32) and my mother's cancer was post-menopausal, so there is little chance I would inherit it at such a young age. She also proceeded to tell me that if she had cancer she would NOT take chemotherapy, as it would do her more harm than good! I feel this is a very ignorant statement for a doctor to make, and one that shows very little knowledge of the progress made in oncology research that is not only treating many diseases (cancer is not one illness, but many!), and helping people live longer.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

Dr. Grobstein is great, my husband and I both go to her (and he is very fussy about doctors). She is the first doctor I've ever had that really listens to me and doesn't discount any ideas of my own that I have about my health. She understands my personality perfectly and is not an alarmist. She doesn't jump into medicating things like high blood pressure until it is necessary, and then will try the least aggressive and least expensive medications first. She seems very deadpan when you first meet her but hang in there - she has a great, dry sense of humor once you get to know her. She is down to earth and practical. I love that she types everything into her laptop and that her prescriptions are printed out so you and the pharmacist can actually read them. I also love the RelayHealth on line system she uses. She answers questions or requests very promptly on line. If you want an Rx refilled, use the website. It's fastest.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Grobstein for 8 years. She does not have a good bedside manner, but I do agree that she is very knowledgeable. She also does not spend tons of time with you during your visit. To get the most out of seeing her you need to ask questions and she will give you good answers in her blunt non emotional way. I trust her as a doctor, but I am sure I can find a doctor just as knowledgeable, but with a better personality.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2010

Although Dr. Grobstien isn't the warmest person I know I feel she is quite knowledgable. Her views about obstetrics and family planning are quite progressive and in line with my views. My son and I both see her. She is kind but may come off as harried due to her large practice.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

I like Dr. Grobstein.. when I first met her her personality threw me off.. She seemed to be short and cold almost..however after being her patient for almost 2 years now ..i love her! i love her bluntness and her honesty.. i totally trust her. i don't like people sugarcoating things for me but i can see how her approach could put some off.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

Dr. Grobstein is peculiar. While I fully appreciate the code of Dr. patient confidentially, there are times when that code should be circumvented when a patient's life is in danger. She permitted my mentally ill family member to make deadly decisions on her own which are proving to be fatal. One would think that if a doctor is strongly protecting that confidentiality, then the doctor would try to help a patient who is mentally ill, seek help if not through his family, then through other means. Not so Dr. Grobstein. She permitted this ill patient to carry on independently to the point where the patient is on deaths door. Some sort of intervention could have prevented the now unfortunate situation which I hold her completely responsible for. I think this is a clear care of malpractice.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2008

Dr. G. has been my physician for twenty years and I have always found her to be compassionate and knowledgeable. Her staff changes every 10 minutes which I dislike a lot, and I usually h ave to wait an hour which I also dislike a lot, but I do like Dr. Grobstein.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2008

Dr. Naomi Grobstein's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1980)

Top Hospitals in Montclair, NJ