Ratings for Dr. William E. Bonis

This "doctor" is horrible. If you are reading this, RUN and find a new doctor. He doesn't care about you as a patient, and is very arogant and has a severe God-Complex. My husband was seeing him and Dr. Bonis didn't follow protocol with his type of cancer (this was made clear to us when we transferred care to Feather River). I won't go in to detail about the shoddy care we received, what I will say, is that I hope my husband doesn't die for the lack of proper treatment he received from Dr. Bonis. If you come upon this review, I implore you and your Loved one to find a new oncologist, find someone who is open to what your thoughts and questions are and please don't go to this doctor if you want proper care. Your life is valuable and he treats you as though you aren't of value.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

This man should find another job. I found another doctor.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Bonis almost killed me! Thank God I got into feather River Hospital. If you want to die from cancer go see Dr. Bonis, he is worthless and how he continues to be allowed to paractice is beyond me. He is self centered and doesn't care about his patients. Ignores your requests and will not monitor your progress when going through chemo therapy.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

The first time I met Dr. Bonis I thought he was amazing. Although I had to wait an hour and a half to see him, and his staff was suggesting that I might want to just reschedule for the next day, I waited and when I left I thought I had found an incredibly kind and open and generous doctor. I'm honestly not sure that any of that isn't true, but today I've decided to return to my previous oncologist/hematologist at Feather River Hospital because Dr. Bonis doesn't seem to respect my being in charge of my life and making the decisions I believe are best for my health and life. His friendliness seems to stop when I made it clear that I was in charge of what decisions would be made about my health. I personally think that true kindness continues whether the doctor is thought of as the "expert" or is consulted for her (his) expertise, but the patient is sovereign. After all, this is my life. No doctor has spent nearly the amount of time I have spent considering my particular history and case. I don't see a humility in this doctor. I readily admit that I might be wrong and I hope that I am, but I think there is some passive-aggressive behavior going on here where as long as Dr. Bonis is the expert, then everything is fine, but if not, then the friendliness is over and the care is minimal and the explanations for the lack of care are absent. I'm returning to Feather River. I will make the extra drive. I think it's worth it.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Egomaniac, closeminded, should stay in southern cali rubbing elbows with the rich, since you don't want to help us peins in northern cali, "I'm done with you"he says with a smile after my last chemo. The cancer isn't gone, don't even waste your time going there, I'm from out of state, I had to learn the hard way, Feather river is only 20 minutes further in paradise and 1,000,000 x better.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

As of Nov. 2014, Dr. Bonis has shared with me, an oncology patient, over 4 stories of his patients, and at least 2 stories of his immediate family. I am concerned with lack of discrection about the purpose of my visit. I have cancer. I do not want to know about other patients or his family stories about medical issues. He has provided me with way too much information about his other patients, to the point of me wondering about his sharing of my cancer case with other patients. When I bring another family member to our appts, or a friend, he is less inclined to tell me of the stories of other patients. However, my mother was at one appointment and heard endless details of his father's dementia and his mother's mis diagnosis by kaiser. At that appointment, I finally had to mention that this was off topic and that I was going to leave the room if the topic was going to be about he and his dad. Dr. Bonis is willing to give me a flow chart of my case and treatment, and is very unwilling to hear input from me. He cites in his case notes that my cancer is "self inflicted" because of treatment choices that I have made in the last ten years. I have know people in my situation that have made all of the "gold standard" choices given , and have still perished from cancer. Arrogant is an understatement for this doctor. Egomaniac is my guess. Can you believe that he shared details of his wife's medical procedure after undergoing a miscarriage? That is only the start of what he should NOT be telling me. His staff is great, hope that they know who they are supporting... Wait times are long, but considering the stories that he likes to tell about other patients and his family, well, it is his fault that he goes over time. Knowledge- rate him as inferior, as to my specific cancer and history. He likes to throw up a flow chart from some website on his computer, rather than really listening to me, or considering my past cancer history, or the actual human component of my decisions about my care now (stage 4).

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Like the first comment made about Dr. Bonus, I too found him to be arrogant. He also is dismissive unwilling to listen to patient, chose treatment that served him best, not necessarily best for me, the patient. Unclear in explaining anything and everything. I overdosed on pre-chemo medication as he did not explain how and when to take them. He blames my cancer souly on my obesity, and ignored life altering side effects of chemo and my type of cancer. He does not talk directly to the patient but to whomever you bring in as a support person. There is seemingly a disconnect between he and his patient and a general lack of empathy, sympathy and care about his patient as a human being. I have spoken to three other cancer patients about Dr. Bonus and all had negative feedback about him. I hate not having had the choice as to whom I put my life and faith into when going through my treatment. If not for his staff I may have opted out of receiving treatment.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

Arrogant, not willing to look outside of conventional treatments or help with getting into clinical trials with safer programs, unfriendly oncology nurse, Doctor overdosed chemo 2X of normal, which was confirmed by his partner physician. Uses misleading stastics to lure patient into chemo & later admits that it was a failure & calls hospice in.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. William E. Bonis's Credentials

• Semmelweis Orvostudomanyi Egyetem (Peter Pazmany Univ), Budapest (Grad. 1990)