Ratings for Dr. W. Frederick Thompson

This was the most unprofessional medical experience I have ever had. Dr Tompson could tell what was wrong with me just by looking, no touching or disrobing !! Not. What a quack. Definitely not the patients best friend, he reminds me of a L & I Dr. Be wary, very wary!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Tompson is a JOKE! Don't waste time there's better

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Dr Thompson has replaced both of my hips and if I had another he would be the guy for that one also!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Dr Thompson has been our family Orthopedic Surgeon for over 15 years. With three boys now men, heavily into sports both HS and College along with my wife and I and our surgeries due to sports We have had multiple Knee, ankle, wrist, hand , shoulder, and arm injuries. Dr Thompson has been our provider to give us the proper diagnostics,and care through PT and surgeries. We highly recommend Dr. Thompson and his staff for their care when you are in need of Orthopedic heath care.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Dr. Thompson's staff is incompetent. When I called his office regarding my referral I was told the referral had arrived 2 days earlier, but the doctor had 10 business days to review the referral. Ten business days later I called back only to be told that the doctor was out of the office and my referral was still being reviewed. Two days later I called back and was told that my referral had never been sent to them and they didn't know what I was talking about. I called my referring doctor and suggested we go with a different doctor. Doctor Thompson might actually be the best hand surgeon in Tacoma, but his staff is a direct reflection of him, and they are incompetent. Stay away and go with a different doctor.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2016

Dr Thompson doesn't spend much time with explanation of what he's done or doing. It seems as though he is more concerned about his reputation than listening to his patients. On the other hand his PA-C is awesome. Alex takes the time to really communicate what she is doing, plus she listens and actually shows she cares.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

Dr. Fredrick Thompson is very kind and has been my Dr. For years He is very personable and spends time with me to explain procedures and therapy's

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

Dr. Thompson took X-rays of my knee. Came in about 20 minutes later and told me I have a stress fracture and I can't participate in any athletics for 10-12 weeks. He did not bring in the X-ray to show me the stress fracture. He didn't say "because of this activity, the bone wore down ect. He never told me how to heal it, (ice, anti- inflammatory, physical therapy)This was upsetting because it meant I would miss the first 3 football games of the season. So my dad confirmed, "nothing for 10-12 weeks?" Thompson shot back a reply of "you heard what I said." We decided to see another doctor, he looked at the X-rays and told me their was no stress fracture. Just tendontits.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2012

did not listen very well, spent very little time with patient. Very unfriendly, was not happy with surgery.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

did not listen to problems and symptoms until forced to.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2009

Dr. W. Frederick Thompson's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)