Ratings for Dr. Lawrence D. Piro

I started seeing Dr. Piro nearly two years ago, and during that time, he has been professional and reassuring to me and my family. He has told us all my options to treat my very aggressive cancer. Dr. Piro and everyone in his office are always there to answer my questions when treatments are getting tough. . If my doctor hadn’t sent me to Dr. Piro, I am not sure I would still be alive today.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

This is an amazing doctor. He has an awesome bedside manner and I can compare him to Mayo Clinic Staff in Florida. I had a mother who was awaiting a transplant for over 2 years. I was managing her health care and had to deal with over 50 different drs. in California. We found the best care in Florida at the Mayo. She did receive a transplant and the drs were the best. I had given up hope here in California and had decided when faced with a possible serious illness we would have to fly to the Mayo. Meeting Dr. Piro has given us hope. He was just as thorough as the Mayo and allowed us to address all our concerns without interruption. His staff was just as professional and on top of coordinating all follow-ups and retrieving any medical records needed. I did a pretty extensive background check and he is at the top of his specialty. Everyone is treated like a movie star and love the way he doesn't wear a white coat, which reduces anxiety.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2010

Very knowledgeable and caring Doctor. He has taken care of me for 8 years now, and has gone 0ver and above normal/routine medical attention, calling me back any time of the day or night, and from all areas of the country. He even took care of me while I was living in Hawaii for a 5 months period - I had a prescription for my blood which I would have drawn at a Hawaii Hospital, they w0uld fax him the results, and he would call me with instructions for my care.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2008

Dr. Lawrence D. Piro's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal