Ratings for Dr. Todd Sakakibara

He has an air of pomposity about him; a superiority complex. Lacks comprehension, will take genuine questions as threats and start defending instead of answering. Poor communication, poor rapport. Condescending. Incompassionate. Does not take PT's concerns and needs into account, does not care to accommodate. A "you have a choice but you must choose the option I've chosen for you" approach. The worst experience I've ever had with a doctor.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I've been seeing him every 2 weeks for over 3 years now. He has always been interested in how my life is going, and has insightful suggestions/ questions that make me think things through. He has a good understanding of addictions medicine and has always been compassionate and non-judgmental with me.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Polite and we'll mannered as any doctor should be. Has written my prescriptions incorrectly, sometimes not at all, missing certain medications. Doesn't respond to patient input or even consider anything. Has been detrimental to my recovery due to inconsistencies like making mistakes on a methadone prescription for the weekend more than once, or leaving out certain meds. Doesn't have the personality to be working with people who are really struggling withave mental health and can be pretentious. Only good comments have to do his looks, dress, and manners. you can tell which patients tend to get along with him. I've had a horrible time dealing with him and can attribute feeling suicidal because of his vast knowledge of benzodiazepines and mental health. Cannot wait to be done with him

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

He saved my life. Patient. Kind. I hope I can tell him one day how well I'm doing now.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

Todd Sakakibara is one of the most patient people I know. Easy to communicate with and yes, so handsome and a great dresser. <3

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

Dr Sakakibara is very kind, articulate, knowledgeable and treats everyone with the utmost respect. He gets things done and I've encouraged people to get him as their own family physician before and I will again. I'm satisfied and I will keep him as my family Dr and keep on seeing him. Thanks Dr Todd!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2014

doesn't hesitate to deny a patient treatment if they even accidentally offend any other staff. not recommended

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

While I found Dr. S. to be pleasant and open initially I was shocked at being immediately dropped from his care after telling him I "might" have a job out of town in 3 weeks. I stress the word "might". Then to find out while he spoke to a colleague located in the area I "might" be moving, my assessment was almost complete and may have to restart the assessment process. After seeing him for just shy of 6 months every two weeks. I understand the need to make an accurate and safe assessment, but I am an older trans man who has had 40+ years knowing who I am. I stated that I could not spend another year in this body, that restarting the assessment process was unacceptable. To which I was asked, "what have you done to get you this far?". Hmm, drug and alcohol abuse, self loathing, isolation, and attempted suicides. Yep, I'll just go back to those, thanks for the nothing you got paid for for over 6 months. Don't fear the "gatekeeper"....B.S.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2013

great docter, listens well, caring polite kind and handsome.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

I love him as a Dr and he's always very helpful. He's calm and quiet but he's always ready to help. I think he's great! Thanks Todd

flag | Submitted June 1, 2012