Ratings for Dr. Louis A. Vandermolen

Very knowledgable but overbooked. Average time spent is 30 mins in waiting room, 5 minutes with doctor. Per front desk, he is booked for one patient every FIVE MINUTES. I think this happened after the facilty became a part of Keck.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

If you don't mind waiting 90 minutes after you rushed to be on time, go see dr. Vandermolen. He is also condescending, assumes his patients are ignorant. When I complained about his tardiness.......never heard from these people. He is GOD. Kept me waiting in exam room for 20 min. without even a magazine.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

Dr Vandermolen & staff are the best you can get in OC or anywhere else. Their knowledge is superior by far. They genuinely care about the wellbeing of each patients. They tend to the needs of each individual as if you are a family member in need of treatment. Dr Vandermolen will provide you with best care available with an excellent bedside manner.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Dr. Vandermolen and his staff deserve no less than the highest ratings. I have been a patient for close to six years. During that period I have experienced nothing short of excellent care and professional, courteous attention from the staff at OCOH. The staff is always friendly, polite and extremely helpful. They go above and beyond to make the patient experience far better than you'd ever expect. They are well trained and very experienced. Dr. Vandermolen is the gold standard for oncologist. Not only is he the absolute best but he has a unique caring bedside manner. I'd interviewed several other oncologist before deciding on Dr. Vandermolen. I am so glad that I did. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2014

Dr. Vandermolen is fabulous. He takes his time, he explains everything, he makes me feel very comfortable. I was diagnosed with some rare diseases, and he is so kind to help me keep everything scanned and in check. I highly recommend him to anyone. The earlier negative comments are not worth mentioning. He is an A+ doctor!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2013

I AM A 7 YEARS BREAST CANCER SURVIVOR. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND DR. VANDERMOLEN TO ANYONE WHO NEEDS AN ONCOLOGIST. HE IS AN A+ DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Dr Vandermolen is NOT just after your money. I can't believe that anyone who has met him would say anything of the sort. He is kind, sensitive, incredibly knowledgeable and very professional. I am a 5 year survivor of Stage 4 non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and I wouldn't be here if not for him.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

He doesn't want your money. He's one of, if not THE best oncologists in Orange County. In 1996, at the insistence of two of my fellow breast cancer friends, I made an appointment with him for a consultation, he was kind, considerate and needless to say he has been my doctor ever since. I would not consider going to any other doctor. He is also very highly regarded amongst his peers and all people in the medical field.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

This physician deserves the highest of all ratings. Spent quality time diagnosing and presenting my options for Breast Cancer in 2000. Wonderful guidance through surgery,chemo, radiation and follow-up. So caring and kind!- This is coming from an RN who knows a quality physician.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

Was treated for lymphoma 18 years ago. I'm still here! After my tumor was removed I was referred to him by my gynecologist. He worked me into his schedule the next day during his lunch hour. He spent over 1 hour with me and my husband explaining the tests, prognosis, and treatment. I was in treatment for almost 1 year and he followed up with me quarterly after that for 10 years. He is easy to talk too, caring and knowledgable. I would not hesitate recommending him.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2011

Dr. Louis A. Vandermolen's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)