Ratings for Dr. David B. Duncan

This doctor has a terrible bedside manner and nobody from his office contacted me five days after I had had an MRI - when I kept calling, his office said I'd have to see him in person - he doesn't talk to patients on the phone. After calling the group's CEO to complain, I finally heard from him, only to scare me to death by telling me the radiologist had seen a mass that could be a tumor in my brain's front lobe and that I needed to get a CAT scan - something that had been done with normal results 3 weeks earlier. Fortunately we knew a radiologist at the group - turns out the radiologist who read the MRI wasn't told I had recently had a CAT scan, so of course hadn't been able to read it. Turns out it wasn't malignant or benign tumor, but something harmless called an osteoma. I refuse to ever see this doctor again - I don't know if it's his fault, but I very clearly told him about the prior CAT scan and apparently he never go that info to the radiologist.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2011

Dr. Duncan is the least responsive doctor I have ever known. In order to arrange an appointment, you have to call a receptionist who may or may not get a message to the doctor or his nurse. The doctor usually insists that you see a primary care physician before scheduling an appointment. If you can get in to see the doctor, the result is often extensive testing. They rarely call back or follow up with test results. That makes treatment difficult, if not impossible. I found Dr. Duncan impressive during my first visit, but it has been extremely difficult to get information or treatment from him or his office when I get sick. So, I'm changing doctors. Very upsetting and stressful for a patient dealing with a chronic illness.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008

Excellent diagnostician. To the point and on a patients wavelength.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2007

Dr. David B. Duncan's Credentials

• In Univ Sch Of Med, Indianapolis In 46202 (Grad. 1988)

Assurant