Ratings for Dr. Dan McGillivray

superimposes his own wil lon patients definitely do not recommend this dr

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

I had cataract removed recently, and each time I have had conversation with the Drs receptionist, she was rude and had a sense of " i could care less !" Be prepared to sit in the waiting room well past your appointment time. Your time is of no importance to the Dr or the staff ! Trying to reach the office by phone is useless, because I have seen the receptionist lay the phone on the table beside her for an hour, so no one would bother her. Read the other comments people have left. I wonder if Dr McGill. has read them...guess not, or her would replace his receptionist who are useless !! Find another office to attend, I know I will be !!!!!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Here I am in the waiting room waiting and waiting for the chronically overbooked Dr McGillivray. I would love to see what he bills OHIP since the philosophy is clearly to squeeze in as many patients as he can bill with most of the patient time being spent either waiting (and waiting) or with one of the technologists. The receptionist is not at all helpful preferring to spend most of her time on the phone making anyone trying to schedule another appointment wait. This won't be me as I intend to look for another doctor - even Oakville would be faster than this!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

i phoned the office to re-book an appt...the receptionist was insensitive,curt and bordered on rudeness.I work in health care and have for almost 30 years and would never speak to any of my clients on the phone the way she did.Incredible!No empathy,or professionalism demonstrated by this worker.Perhaps she was having a bad day??????

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Waited in Joseph Brant hospital for 5 hours tonight and Dr McGillivray was the on call ophthalmologist. He didn't respond to the call from the hospital and wasted my night. Why be "on call" if you are not going to answer "the call"?

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

I will be getting another doctor after today. Every time I come here I have had an excessive wait once as long as three hours! Today my appointment was originally for noon, however the office called me up and asked me to come in 45 minutes earlier, which I did. Not only was the doctor late for the new appointment time, he was also over half an hour late compared to the original appointment time. He has no respect for the value of my time.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

professional attitude and excellent, personal, friendly manner for those of us dealing with vision problems which makes us worried and anxious. The procedure for cataracts is amazing, painfree and extraordinary results. This requires an atmosphere of concern and sensitivity to patients which is definitely evidenced by the Doctor and his staff.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

I have been going to Dr McGillivra y for over 10 years, every visit has been professional, timely and I left satisfied with the treatment I had by all in the office *****

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

Dr. McGillivray performed cataract surgery on me last September and left me with very little perifial vision. I called him numerous times to which he said I would have to live with it. he was going to do my other eye but WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING at it he said it was not necessary yet. I had seen another surgeon 2 days before that that said I needed the right eye done now and that my eye that Dr McGillivray did had scaring. His room is always overflowing as he must triple book patients and this does not give him the proper time to do his job instead of guessing how you are without even looking at you.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Great doc. Terrible staff (especially the older "lady" at reception!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014