Ratings for Dr. Dan McGillivray

I have just had two cataract surgeries with Dr McGillivray.Without exception my pre and post op appointments were on time and moved swiftly all staff were friendly and very professional .He was kind and caring and thoughtfully answered all my questions, I felt very confident in his ability at all times.My experience at Joseph Brant Hospital could not have been better.All the staff were attentive and efficient and it all went very smoothly.I highly recommend this clinic and all its staff.Thank you Dr Mc G

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

My husband was an emergency patient with a retinal tear sent late afternoon from the hospital to Dr. McGillivray’s office. Staff were waiting for us, polite and quickly moved us to the work up room and did an eye scan. We saw Dr. McGillivray about a half hour later. He introduced himself and was very polite and professional. He reviewed the scan and asked us to go back to the hospital where he would meet us and perform laser surgery to fix the tear. This was at 6:00 p.m. when his office was closed. We were so pleased that he took the time when his day was done to attend to my husband. Excellent care!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

Punctuality is horrendous! I understand the doctor is busy and so are his patients. It is simply disrespetful to keep patients waiting over 1:25 minutes to see the doctor. It’s a question of proper scheduling. Front desk staff need to be more sympathetic to this.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

Regarding the numerous comments about phones always being busy, I thought this was the case as well however I was wrong. You have to wait for the message to finish playing and then at the end they give you the option to press a number to speak to a staff member - do this it works and a front desk person picks up the phone!! I have calledcountless times and hung up as soon as I heard the recording. I don't know what made me listen through to the end today. Should they put this at the beginning of the recorded message - yes but that is not how they have done it. If I recalled what the number was that I had to press I would have included it in this comment, next time I will write it down for future reference! Yes it is a very busy office, Dr McGillivray is the nicest doctor I have ever had the pleasure to deal with.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

As an emergency patient. I was greeted with kindness and although I have never seen a busier office, I enjoyed the entire experience. Dr. McGillivray explained what the bright shooting light were that I was experiencing and relieved my anxiety. I would very much recommend this doctor and the clinic.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

Dr. McG is kind, knowledgeable, thorough and answers all questions. He was able to diagnose Optic Neuritis that had gone undiscovered (I persisted) for years. The wait can be excruciating at times, and staff friendliness/helpfulness is hit or miss.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

I couldn't imagine a more sympathetic, personable and knowledgeable doctor. He does have a large patient list and when he first moved into his new office, things were a bit disorganized. But last time my wife and I were there, everything ran like clockwork. Front desk staff are very busy and perhaps that's why others say they were rude.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

My name is Ross and I have had no problems with office staff as I see in other comments in fact I was unable to attend a scheduled appt and when called front desk they were very helpful and rescheduled me for the next day as for dr he seems pretty gd to me I have no complaints . Ross B

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

I HATE PHONING THESE PEOPLE!!!! I WISH THE DOCTOR WOULD READ THESE RATINGS! HOW IT POSSIBLE FOR A DOCTOR'S OFFICE TO HAVE THE PHONE OFF THE HOOKK!!!! THE WORST SERVICE EVER

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Very difficult getting though when calling; continually busy tone. One day called 21 times to schedule an appointment without getting through.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017