Ratings for Dr. Dan McGillivray

Dr. MacGillivray is excellent. Friendly, knowledgeable, answers all questions. His staff, however, are very rude. And, as everyone else has said, expect a long wait. For a doc as good as he is, I don't mind waiting. I do, however, wish to be treated with more courtesy by his staff. The techs are super, also.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Both my wife and I have been twice to Dr. McGillivray. Excellent manner, superb knowledge, answered all our questions. Explained everything. We were both extremely pleased at what could have been a very stressful situation

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

This surgeon said that I have a cataract. He said that it would cost me $250.00 for a IOL eye scan and then 8 months later I found out that I could of had an A- Master scan which is insured by the government. He never told me that and does he tell his patients that? Waiting times in his office are very long at times . He said that I have to wait 13 months for surgery and I as now have 5 more months to wait. Funny thing is that I had ran into 2 of my friends in the last 2 weeks and they both have cataracts. They are seeing Dr Singer and their surgeries and eye scan are less than 3 months. Take note that cataract surgery can become expensive mainly for low income people with no medical coverage. I will need to purchase 3 different types of eye drops for before and after surgery and have to pay $125.00 out of my pocket. I feel people should do some research on cataract surgery and focus on how much it would cost. Mainly people who are on low income and have no coverage

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

I would highly recommend this Doctor for cataract surgery, he is a very competent and knowledgeable

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

superimposes his own wil lon patients definitely do not recommend this dr

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

I had cataract removed recently, and each time I have had conversation with the Drs receptionist, she was rude and had a sense of " i could care less !" Be prepared to sit in the waiting room well past your appointment time. Your time is of no importance to the Dr or the staff ! Trying to reach the office by phone is useless, because I have seen the receptionist lay the phone on the table beside her for an hour, so no one would bother her. Read the other comments people have left. I wonder if Dr McGill. has read them...guess not, or her would replace his receptionist who are useless !! Find another office to attend, I know I will be !!!!!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Here I am in the waiting room waiting and waiting for the chronically overbooked Dr McGillivray. I would love to see what he bills OHIP since the philosophy is clearly to squeeze in as many patients as he can bill with most of the patient time being spent either waiting (and waiting) or with one of the technologists. The receptionist is not at all helpful preferring to spend most of her time on the phone making anyone trying to schedule another appointment wait. This won't be me as I intend to look for another doctor - even Oakville would be faster than this!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

i phoned the office to re-book an appt...the receptionist was insensitive,curt and bordered on rudeness.I work in health care and have for almost 30 years and would never speak to any of my clients on the phone the way she did.Incredible!No empathy,or professionalism demonstrated by this worker.Perhaps she was having a bad day??????

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Waited in Joseph Brant hospital for 5 hours tonight and Dr McGillivray was the on call ophthalmologist. He didn't respond to the call from the hospital and wasted my night. Why be "on call" if you are not going to answer "the call"?

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

I will be getting another doctor after today. Every time I come here I have had an excessive wait once as long as three hours! Today my appointment was originally for noon, however the office called me up and asked me to come in 45 minutes earlier, which I did. Not only was the doctor late for the new appointment time, he was also over half an hour late compared to the original appointment time. He has no respect for the value of my time.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015