You may also like

Waited in Joseph Brant hospital for 5 hours tonight and Dr McGillivray was the on call ophthalmologist. He didn't respond to the call from the hospital and wasted my night. Why be "on call" if you are not going to answer "the call"?

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

I will be getting another doctor after today. Every time I come here I have had an excessive wait once as long as three hours! Today my appointment was originally for noon, however the office called me up and asked me to come in 45 minutes earlier, which I did. Not only was the doctor late for the new appointment time, he was also over half an hour late compared to the original appointment time. He has no respect for the value of my time.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

professional attitude and excellent, personal, friendly manner for those of us dealing with vision problems which makes us worried and anxious. The procedure for cataracts is amazing, painfree and extraordinary results. This requires an atmosphere of concern and sensitivity to patients which is definitely evidenced by the Doctor and his staff.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

I have been going to Dr McGillivra y for over 10 years, every visit has been professional, timely and I left satisfied with the treatment I had by all in the office *****

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

Dr. McGillivray performed cataract surgery on me last September and left me with very little perifial vision. I called him numerous times to which he said I would have to live with it. he was going to do my other eye but WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING at it he said it was not necessary yet. I had seen another surgeon 2 days before that that said I needed the right eye done now and that my eye that Dr McGillivray did had scaring. His room is always overflowing as he must triple book patients and this does not give him the proper time to do his job instead of guessing how you are without even looking at you.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Great doc. Terrible staff (especially the older "lady" at reception!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

After going to emergency and being referred to Dr. McGillivray for as he called it a rip roaring cornea infection in both eyes on Labour Day weekend he not only saw me the next day, the day after and the day after that and then every 3 days until it cleared. The office was not open to the general public a few of the days but he was in there seeing me during the holiday weekend. I have the utmost respect and am very grateful that he was there at this stressful time. If I ever need this type of specialist again...it will be him! The best doctor ever!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2014

Dr. McGillivary is a very kind and knowledgeable in his field. His wait times are super, as he has all the latest equipment at his disposal and you can go to have other eye tests right in the building. He takes the time to answer all the questions I have; treats me as an educated individual with options, no 'god complex' here! He is positive and reassuring, but honest. There isn't much he can do about my condition, but I had been complaining that there was something wrong with my eye for a couple of years, and not even my neurologist could find it, and Dr. McGillivary did. And, as an aside, because this really doesn't tell much about his medical knowledge, but is reflective of his professionalism and attention to detail: the doc is an amazing dresser! ;) Thank you Dr. McGillivary, and I hope that those mentioned in these lists read their comments, and either learn from them, or enjoy the recommendations. Remember that patients pay taxes, and thus salaries, and have a right to quality.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

Dr McGillivray has an exceptionally kind manner. He explained my situation well and keeps on top of it. Wait times in the office can longer than desired but I have found that once I have been called everything proceeds efficiently with staff interacting with humour and care. I have not found any staff member to be rude when approached sympathetically. But I can understand that some patients might impatiently express their dissatisfaction with wait times and get a negative reaction because wait times are beyond staff control. They are already efficient and effective; the volume of patients is what causes delays.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

I have read all the other comments and have to laugh about the staff! It is the older lady at reception that is so rude, she must be a relative. Because the nurse is very nice and So is Dr. Dan. He rocks to the moon and back. I had the young person's cataracts, would not be able to see in 6 months, he did both my eyes w/laser, now I don't even need glasses. If I went to one of those clinics, it would have cost $3000. But his care and information and patience with me was incredible. But you are right, the receptionist pretends you are not even there and makes you wait for hrs! When I call there, I laugh when she starts being rude, because I expect it! Brutal!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

Dr. Dan McGillivray's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Waited in Joseph Brant hospital for 5 hours tonight and Dr McGillivray was the on call ophthalmologist. He didn't respond to the call from the hospital and was..."

November 11, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I will be getting another doctor after today. Every time I come here I have had an excessive wait once as long as three hours! Today my appointment was origi..."

September 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "professional attitude and excellent, personal, friendly manner for those of us dealing with vision problems which makes us worried and anxious. The procedure f..."

April 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to Dr McGillivra y for over 10 years, every visit has been professional, timely and I left satisfied with the treatment I had by all in the of..."

September 21, 2014