Ratings for Dr. Thomas E. Clinch

Very bad communication. Dr. Clinch responds aggressively when asked questions. He may consider your questions to be attacks and doesn't explain what is going on. If you want a doctor with good patient care FIND SOMEONE ELSE. He's nasty.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

He is a wonderful e;ye doctor. Removed cataracts, had lenses put in, have no further for glasses of any king. It was such an easy procedure.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

The staff was excellent. I liked that the same staff ndividual worked with you from beginning to end. That was great. The surgery was a breeze. Thanks Dr. C.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

My vision was measured at better than 20/20 on postop day 1!! I have no cloudy vision. Minimal dryness only in the morning since my surgery 5 days ago. I am surprised at how easy the recovery was. Dr Clinch and the staff were thorough in the explanation of the procedure and the steps of recovery

flag | Submitted January 25, 2012

I went back for an adjustment after an initial Lasik. Dr. Clinch no longer has time for patients and actually had to ask me which surgery he was doing as I was on the table. My vision ended up worse than when I started. My first experience had been good, but everything is different there now. Long waits and very little time with the doctor. Now, they offer all kinds of cosmetic work and have multiple offices, but the care I received was awful. I have a new doctor trying to fix what Dr. Clinch ruined. I went from legal to drive without glasses to not legal to drive, but Dr. Clinch insists nothing went wrong. Sure, but I can't see. When I had a problem with the prescription, he was too busy to take my call or to call me back, so the problem never got resolved. Poor service, poor results.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

Each time I visited in preparation for my custom LASIK surgery I got a new person (tech or doctor), and no one introduced themselves. I never actually had the opportunity to speak with the doctor and discuss risks of the procedure; that was left to the consent form and a pre-screening video. (I should have known better.) After LASIK I had complications that threatened to be permanent, and that I had not anticipated or contemplated before going through with the surgery. My confusion over what the complications were, and my questions were not welcome. I was told I was taking up too much time.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2010

I got the Visian ICL done by Dr. Clinch. Before I couldn't even see the big E on the eye chart. Now my vision is 20/20 the day after my surgery. No pain at all. He did a remarkable job and I would recommend him to ANYONE thinking about getting this procedure done. I'd definitely say look into this procedure over lasik. The nurses are also great here, very knowledgeable. They usually get you in within 10-20 minutes of your appointment time, which for as busy as their office is, is quite an amazing feat.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2008

Amazing surgeon, great doctor. I have every confidence in the world in him and his staff. Love my great vision --- w/ no glasses. Very personable and competant, recommend highly!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2007

Over a year ago, I went to Dr. Clinch's office for contacts. I had to go back after several weeks, because they were uncomfortable. They reset the prescription but they still bothered me. Now I have about 7 months of contacts that I won't be using. Waste of time and money!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2007

Great doctor and excellent vision! Thanks, Dr. Clinch!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2007

Dr. Thomas E. Clinch's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

As an experienced ophthalmologist, I put a high value on continued education and providing superior patient care. My work at Eye Doctors of Washington encompasses a variety of eye and vision care treatments, including LASIK surgery - a procedure for which I served as an investigator in clinical studies that led to its approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. In addition to performing vision care treatment and eye surgery in the Washington, DC area, I have written numerous medical articles and presentations, sharing my research and experience with fellow surgeons. My goal is to constantly improve as an ophthalmologist and offer patients the safest, most effective eye treatments in the form of LASIK, PRK, intraocular lenses (IOLs), cataract surgery, and more. If you would like to learn more about a specific procedure, or if you have any questions regarding your vision, I encourage you to schedule a consultation so that we can have a thorough conversation about your concerns and your goals.

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1983)
  • Cornell University