Ratings for Dr. Orlando E. Silva

I highly recommend Dr. Silva for anyone seeking attention and information regarding their illness. He is so very generous with his time and speaks to you on such a personal level that before you know it, your illness isn't such a big scary issue. He takes the time to get to know as much about you as a person before moving on to the particulars of the disease and treatment options. If you are looking for a doctor who will treat you like the good person that you are and then get great and specific treatment information to try and save your life, please consider this excellent medical practitioner.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

Dr. Silva is an amazing and extremely knowledgeable doctor! He cares for the well being of his patients. You will not see him at your schedule time because he does not rush the patients scheduled before you and answers any and all questions that they may have! I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

The worst mf doctor that exists in Silvester Cancer Center, not interested in your concerns, write lies in the documentation that talk to the patient for 1/2 hour and just see you running for five minutes and more and more to said.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

Had a 1pm appointment. At 2:30pm, I told the nurse that I have a meeting that afternoon. I have been waiting for 1 and 1/2 hours. Any chance he can see me in the next 15 minutes or so? They said he wasn't even there yet. 3:00pm, he came in with a coffee in his hand. I said:" Dr. Silva, I have been waiting for 2 hours." He replied:"So have I!". He spent less than 10 minutes with me. That visit accomplished nothing.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Disappointing. I sought Dr. Silva out based on a recommendation. The visit was rushed and he was not interested in my concerns. When you are faced with chemotherapy it is important to ask questions and this doctor was not interested to respond. I had the list from the American Cancer Society and brought a family member to the visit. My family member also asked questions. Maybe the other reviewers were charmed by his personality, but that does not equal trust. I felt he was an assembly line doctor.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013

He is one of the best human beings & Doctors to be seen by. He & his staff listens, understands & is very knowledgeable. He treats you like if you were family. I truly trust this doctor. Yes, expected to wait but if you are seen by one of the best, so be it. My faith in God & Dr, Silva help me go through the most difficult time of life. I'm a Breast Cancer Survivor!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

Dr. Silva is a people person. He's an excellent Doctor who treats his patients like family. I feel extremely lucky to have him as my doctor. My appointment was at 2pm and I was seen on schedule. I have no compaints. I recommend him to anyone who is in need of the services of a world class medical oncologist.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

Dr. Silva is a fine medical oncologist. Extremely knowledgeable. The only negative about him is that he is NEVER on time. If you make an appointment for 12noon expect to get in to see him no earlier than 2pm. Bring a book or a couple of magazines to pass the time. why oh why do doctors always seem to think that your time is worth so much less than theirs....

flag | Submitted December 2, 2009

Dr. Orlando E. Silva's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1988)