Ratings for Dr. Mark Glazebrook

Arrogant, dismissive, overconfident. Zero personality unless he is using it to praise his own work. Unwilling to accept responsibility when outcomes are less than expected. When you require reports for work, he says minimum 3 month wait but for $50 they can expedite that. I work for the NSHA, this is double dipping and poor ethics IMO!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

Arrogant, abrupt, poor explanations of surgery. Virtually no post-op care. Perhaps he thinks he’s a brain surgeon at Cambridge instead of a foot carpenter in Halifax. Apparently some on this forum have had better outcomes than me with this little Napoleon-complex man but my experience has been terrible.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

I always have a good experience with Dr. Glazebrook and other physicians in his office. I would like to have been helped concerning my ankles though but I understand it would be very difficult to replace my right ankle where I had mine clamped together many years ago and it healed that way leaving very little movement. I wonder if doctors in the US have been able to find a way to replace the almost totally fused ankle. I'm not here to complain as I'm sure they did what they could. Cortisone did help some. I would like to know if Dr. Glazebrook's office could send me a confirming note that says I did in fact go to the appointment(s) in 2017.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2018

Dr Glazebrook is a nice dr, no complaints. A nurse & the social worker were supposed to arrange further appts aside from Dr Glazebrook (in an area of orthopedics outside surgery) for the chief issue however did not (called location of the further appts, nothing had been arranged contrary to what I was told). I guess this is Nova Scotia Health Authority, l really hope nobody will be surprised when I die from a bone infection! (literally)

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

I had a surgery done by another surgeon which didn't work as planned went to Dr. Glazebrook and he is amazing he helped me with everything even after I broke the bone fusion I still have to get more operations and feel extremely comfortable and confident that he is going to help with my problem. :)

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

Had 3 visits with Dr Glazebrrok and 2 cartivas. I have to say he is excellent in everyway.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I found Dr. Glazebrook to be abrupt. He was not at all forthcoming with information. Each time, I asked a question, I got a VERY short response. He made it very clear, he was only there if I wanted surgery - completely uninterested in my desire to solve my medical issue so I could return to a more active, physically fit lifestyle. This surprised me since he is associated with a sport clinic. He is one of only two foot orthopedic specialist in the province so a limited choice. My advice is to go prepared with questions and before you leave ask how you might have questions that arise after you leave, answered.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

I just had surgery performed by Dr Glazebrooks,I found him to be very pleasant and very professional his receptionist was amazing,and so kind Im not sure what the other people experienced but my experience with him and his staff was amazing,would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

If we only knew how blessed we are to have such a World Class Surgeon right here in Halifax. Dr. Glazebrook has come to my aid on several occasion with exceptional always providing a prognosis & treatment path that always has lead to an excellent resolution.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

I have to say I do find his Admin to be lacking. I was referred by my Dr to see him and never heard a thing. I finally called the office to inquire and it was apparent they had misplaced my. No apology. She did get me in quickly only because they had messed up. I have since called back and was told they would call me back in 2 days. It is now 2 weeks. Whenever I call I get a voice message.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016