Ratings for Dr. Mark Glazebrook

If we only knew how blessed we are to have such a World Class Surgeon right here in Halifax. Dr. Glazebrook has come to my aid on several occasion with exceptional always providing a prognosis & treatment path that always has lead to an excellent resolution.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

I have to say I do find his Admin to be lacking. I was referred by my Dr to see him and never heard a thing. I finally called the office to inquire and it was apparent they had misplaced my. No apology. She did get me in quickly only because they had messed up. I have since called back and was told they would call me back in 2 days. It is now 2 weeks. Whenever I call I get a voice message.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

I can't say enough about the outstanding care I was given by Dr Glazebrook, from the initial consult to my final visit. Dr Glazebrook and his team truly show genuine care and respect for their patients. A few days after my surguey, the pain medication I was prescribed was giving me some negative side effects that I was having difficulty tolerating. I called Dr Glazebrook's office to see if I might be able to try another prescription. Dr Glazebrook's administrative assistant immediately arranged for me to come into the clinic right away, even though Dr Glazebrook was not seeing his patients in that setting this day due to having a full day booked in the O.R. He saw me in between surgueys to examine my incision and prescribed another medication that I could tolerate. If you are unfortunate to have the circumstances that require an Orthopedic surgeon, I hope you are fortunate enough to have the excellent and professional care given by Dr Glazebrook, his administrative assistant Jessica, and the rest of his team. Thank you for your kindness and care.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Wow read a lot of the comments and I am surprised. I find dr. Glazebrook to be very nice and takes the time to listen. I mean he is quick but he is busy. There a an interview he did saying that he is the ONLY foot and ankle specialist in the province and there is no budget for another one (bs?). I have had an ortho doctor before who totally disregarded my knee injury. I have an ankle injury and with Dr. Glazebrook he is taking the time to find out EXACTLY what is wrong so he knows exactly what to do. Seriously is a nice guy, hasn't been rude so far! And I was in his office the other day and talked to his receptionist - not sure if she was the same person everyone was talking about - but she was very nice and helpful as well!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

I had surgery for a complicated foot fracture & dislocation,but the first time I met Glazebrook was on my first follow up clinic visit.He was surprised that I didn't know him but that was b/c I only met his intern & assistant ,who was most pleasant and reassuring pre op and visited me immediately after surgery x two while I was still in hospital.I had no idea who Glazebrook was by site and I told him why ...he was VERY quick to advise me that it was he who did my surgery ,and not the intern (who would know ).Over the next several months and another unexpected surgery,to remove pins ( not planned initially ) I saw and heard many examples of rude and unprofessional behavior,both from himself and his girl Karen. His so called presentation of being knowledgeable and sure of himself was NOT comforting to be as it was conveyed in an arrogant and self important and rude way ,which over the next months proved to me to be an accurate assessment, however the unwarranted pain and suffering caused me extended immobility and a second surgery .But for the fact that I saw him as an emergency,I would certainly have searched out his abilities . I am still having issues with that foot and I am told ,by another doctor that it will not likely be any better. He may have been a good surgeon ,pleasant ,and even caring at one time but I would never recommend him to another person from my experience. It was the luck of the draw that day in ER when it came to the on call surgeon, and I lost .

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Wow I am on a waiting list to see him, so far I feel pretty to see him. His Medical Admin, sounds like a lot of the problems. She is the one that has to do a lot of the paper work, as I know because I training to be a medical office assistant. Sounds like he does need a new one and someone who knows how to do their job properly.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

All I can say is thank God his receptionist Karen is retiring. I hope they hire someone who is friendly, caring and likes people. I didn't find Dr. Glazebrook overly friendly but I did find him polite and professional. He fixed my foot and that is all that I was there for. The wait time to get into for surgery is crazy but I think that is beyond his control. Overall I would say he is a great surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Dr. Glazebrook did not take time to understand my condition, jumping to mistaken conclusions before I could explain. His staff appears to be intimidated by his arrogant manner. It took forever to even get an appointment and then the information given over the phone was incomplete and lacking in detail with never a written confirmation. I don't care how knowledgeable some people think he is. I would never trust his advice or treatment.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

I am so grateful to have been able to get an appointment with Dr. Glazebrook. My experience during my first visit to his office was excellent. He was prompt, I found his receptionist to be helpful and pleasant. Dr. Glazebrook was kind and patient and explained all possible procedures and potential risks. My experience was excellent on all counts.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

This Dr really needs a new receptionist. Waited 3 years for an appointment but cancelled due to his rude receptionist! What a waste!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015