Ratings for Dr. Mark Glazebrook

I had a surgery done by another surgeon which didn't work as planned went to Dr. Glazebrook and he is amazing he helped me with everything even after I broke the bone fusion I still have to get more operations and feel extremely comfortable and confident that he is going to help with my problem. :)

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

Glazebrook is an arrogant little man with a God complex ... I have only pity for anyone who has to deal with him ... The QEII has great staff that are intimidated by this little man. The surgery went well right up until a Tech left a stich in my incision which caused it to not heal , May 19/17 until Sept. 10/17 and still not healed.. But this arrogant little douche insists that he is the ONLY ONE that knows what to do and that the nurses and the VON don't know how this works.... Funny quote{ I still have a few tricks up my sleeve} but still I'm not walking but am forced back to work because EI has run out... Thanks Mark .. you arrogant little S*%@

flag | Submitted September 10, 2017

Had 3 visits with Dr Glazebrrok and 2 cartivas. I have to say he is excellent in everyway.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I found Dr. Glazebrook to be abrupt. He was not at all forthcoming with information. Each time, I asked a question, I got a VERY short response. He made it very clear, he was only there if I wanted surgery - completely uninterested in my desire to solve my medical issue so I could return to a more active, physically fit lifestyle. This surprised me since he is associated with a sport clinic. He is one of only two foot orthopedic specialist in the province so a limited choice. My advice is to go prepared with questions and before you leave ask how you might have questions that arise after you leave, answered.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

I just had surgery performed by Dr Glazebrooks,I found him to be very pleasant and very professional his receptionist was amazing,and so kind Im not sure what the other people experienced but my experience with him and his staff was amazing,would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

If we only knew how blessed we are to have such a World Class Surgeon right here in Halifax. Dr. Glazebrook has come to my aid on several occasion with exceptional always providing a prognosis & treatment path that always has lead to an excellent resolution.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

I have to say I do find his Admin to be lacking. I was referred by my Dr to see him and never heard a thing. I finally called the office to inquire and it was apparent they had misplaced my. No apology. She did get me in quickly only because they had messed up. I have since called back and was told they would call me back in 2 days. It is now 2 weeks. Whenever I call I get a voice message.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

I can't say enough about the outstanding care I was given by Dr Glazebrook, from the initial consult to my final visit. Dr Glazebrook and his team truly show genuine care and respect for their patients. A few days after my surguey, the pain medication I was prescribed was giving me some negative side effects that I was having difficulty tolerating. I called Dr Glazebrook's office to see if I might be able to try another prescription. Dr Glazebrook's administrative assistant immediately arranged for me to come into the clinic right away, even though Dr Glazebrook was not seeing his patients in that setting this day due to having a full day booked in the O.R. He saw me in between surgueys to examine my incision and prescribed another medication that I could tolerate. If you are unfortunate to have the circumstances that require an Orthopedic surgeon, I hope you are fortunate enough to have the excellent and professional care given by Dr Glazebrook, his administrative assistant Jessica, and the rest of his team. Thank you for your kindness and care.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Wow read a lot of the comments and I am surprised. I find dr. Glazebrook to be very nice and takes the time to listen. I mean he is quick but he is busy. There a an interview he did saying that he is the ONLY foot and ankle specialist in the province and there is no budget for another one (bs?). I have had an ortho doctor before who totally disregarded my knee injury. I have an ankle injury and with Dr. Glazebrook he is taking the time to find out EXACTLY what is wrong so he knows exactly what to do. Seriously is a nice guy, hasn't been rude so far! And I was in his office the other day and talked to his receptionist - not sure if she was the same person everyone was talking about - but she was very nice and helpful as well!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

I had surgery for a complicated foot fracture & dislocation,but the first time I met Glazebrook was on my first follow up clinic visit.He was surprised that I didn't know him but that was b/c I only met his intern & assistant ,who was most pleasant and reassuring pre op and visited me immediately after surgery x two while I was still in hospital.I had no idea who Glazebrook was by site and I told him why ...he was VERY quick to advise me that it was he who did my surgery ,and not the intern (who would know ).Over the next several months and another unexpected surgery,to remove pins ( not planned initially ) I saw and heard many examples of rude and unprofessional behavior,both from himself and his girl Karen. His so called presentation of being knowledgeable and sure of himself was NOT comforting to be as it was conveyed in an arrogant and self important and rude way ,which over the next months proved to me to be an accurate assessment, however the unwarranted pain and suffering caused me extended immobility and a second surgery .But for the fact that I saw him as an emergency,I would certainly have searched out his abilities . I am still having issues with that foot and I am told ,by another doctor that it will not likely be any better. He may have been a good surgeon ,pleasant ,and even caring at one time but I would never recommend him to another person from my experience. It was the luck of the draw that day in ER when it came to the on call surgeon, and I lost .

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015