Ratings for Dr. Nancy Van Laeken

we should have taken more notice to researching comments. somehow one tends to trust a surgeon, as they are normally associated with mental and physical health. cosmetic surgeons should recognize the emotional agony one may experience and focus on that to help improve the physical appearance . It is not a time to judge, degrade, or allow their own insecurities to abuse a patient.. In a manner of professional conduct a surgeon is obliged to decline a client if the surgeon is not capable with the subtle suggestion of another surgeon. Experimenting, and or proceeding with a surgery beyond their limitations is an ethical and moral offence. and reflects severely on all . the college of physicians and surgeons is an association that with all due respect should be listening to these complaints........... Although waking one up in the midst of an eye surgery to show them in a mirror, or rambling cruel comments , or causing intentional grief on any level to client may seem entertaining to a surgeon at the time however when enough clients come forward or even vent any type of communication of abuse it is a reflection .

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

I'm leaving a comment on the experience that a good friend of mine is still going thru after more than one year after surgery. Dr Van Laeken did facial surgery on her. But before all this she did her due diligence on what a where Dr Van Laeken was going to make incisions. After the operation that was where everything changed. When she awoke her incision went around her face, over her ears under her chin and for some unknown reason Dr Van Laeken cut her facial muscles. My friend developed an infection. Was 2 days later she got a prescription, and as it turns out it was the wrong prescription?? Had the pharmacist not been on top of his game, its quite possible she could have died. I went with her one time to see the Dr. and my friend had the report from Cambie Surgical about the amount of fat that was injected in her face, Van Laeken took the paper from her hands, took out her pen scratched out what was there and printed what she wanted it to be. There was a definite lack of communication between The Doctor and my friend. She suffered so much needlessly. All she got was give it a year..well its more than a year and her face is far worse off now than she went in. True it a little vain getting a face lift, but if you want to and have the hard earned money to pay for it then you should still have the right to complain about it if its not rite. And it should be up to the Doctor to make it rite. I am a contractor and if my customer does not like my work I make it rite. After all if your laying down 15 - 20 thousand and your Doctor doesn't communicate with you at all, WHAT DO YOU DO?? If your considering getting face work from Van Laeken, you should run and never look back. Totally disgusted that something like this is allowed to happen with no recourse.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

HOW DARE NANCY VAN LAEKEN PROMOTE HERSELF AS CARING AND COMPASSIONATE! ALTHOUGH SHE MAY BE ONE OF THE BEST ACTRESS, WHILE SHE IS PROMOTING HER ABILITIES SHE HAS DEMONSTRATED A TOTAL LACK OF KNOWLEDGE, SENSITIVITY, AND A FURTHER CRUEL MANIPULATION OF WORDS AFTER BOTCHED SURGERY, WITH NO KNOWLEDGE OF UNDERSTANDING AFTER SHE HAS BEEN PAID , SHE WILL DISCONTINUE COMMUNICATION WITH NO REGARD FOR PATIENTS .

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Dr Van Laeken doesn't deserve to be a doctor. She botched my arm lift and breast augmentation. I had her redo them. I think I was her practice patient. When you ask a dr. a question and they evade the answer beware. Very disappointed and very expensive. I had my surgery in 2007 and still think about my contempt for the woman.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

Botched twice by this doctor. Very sad and very expensive. I should've believed all of the negative reviews!!! I would not consider going to her ever again.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

Aside from the doctors obvious attitude problem, she botched the augmentation in several ways. Lopsided boobs Nerve damage to the nipple And not the desired shape Not much more to be said.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

What a huge blessing to have been pointed in Dr. Van Laeken's direction. She gave me a bilateral breast augmentation in Aug. 2016, taking me from a AA (38 yrs, 3 kids) to a lovely, natural looking D. As opposed to other plastic surgeons in the Vancouver area, Dr. Van Laeken is not a "bigger is better" style of surgeon. She listened as I described to her my lifestyle, my job, and the look I was hoping to achieve. She carefully studied my overall frame and other measurements to determine an optimum size for me. I COULD NOT be happier with my results. My scarring (under breast) is virtually non-existent, thanks to my to-the-letter adherence to her post-op instructions, and my breasts are symmetrical and, as mentioned, very natural looking. Her office is beautiful, her staff are MOST helpful, and I consider myself very fortunate to have found Dr. Van Laeken.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

I had a breast reduction, a tummy tuck and liposuction on sides of my tummy tuck. Unfortunately, the liposuction was done improperly, and now my sides look imbalanced. Furthermore, a strip of my nipple areole was left on each breast, making me even more embarrassed to reveal my breasts to my partner post surgery. I should have done my due diligence with this surgeon. I made a costly mistake, once that I cannot financially rectify.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

Absolutely no help and not friendly at all.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

I have been very happy with Dr VL. She operated on me 2 weeks ago, I had a mastectomy and immediate reconstruction (using a silicone gel implant) on my right breast and a mastopexy (lifting of the breast) on my left so my remaining breast would match my implant. Dr VL has been fantastic. This has been a terrifying ordeal, but she has been caring and supportive throughout the process. I have read reviews that stated she was cold, but she is not. She is very professional and businesslike, but I ike this approach. She is very efficient and will give you the facts, but will take the time to listen and support you. I think her businesslike approach might turn some people off (I have a friend who had a mastectomy earlier this year and told me that Nancy was a bit abrupt). I appreciate her businesslike approach, but have also found her to be very caring and supportive. As I was being prepped for surgery I started crying, my husband started crying, and she just took my hand and held it and that calmed me down. Yesterday she removed my stitches and when she came into the room she first just stood close and asked me how I was doing and patiently listened while I told her. Now I have to add that last week when I had my bandages removed she was having a busy day and the appointment did seem a bit rushed and I was in and out quickly, but overall I am grateful to have her as my doctor. We are so lucky in Vancouver to have some of the best surgeons in the world. We also have access to immediate breast reconstruction, I chose the silicone gel implant with the Alloderm cadaver skin "hammock" so when I woke up my new breast was already there. So be reassured if you're considering Nancy for breast surgery. As scary as this has been I am very happy with how things have gone so far. The front desk staff are very nice, Nancy is on time, the waiting room has never been crowded. I can also tell you that the whole surgical procedure was far less scary than I imagined: the pre-op nurse at St Paul's was fantastic, very caring and helpful; the anaesthetics they are using now must be so much better than in the past, I honestly felt like I had been asleep dreaming, and woke up quite alert. I asked the nurse for a phone and called my husband myself - he couldn't believe it! I was up walking the halls that night and home the next morning. Also the general surgeon I had was Elaine McKevitt, she removed the tumor and breast tissue, she and Nancy operate at the same time and the whole procedure was over in about 2 hours. Elaine is also a terrific, caring doctor who operates out of the Breast Centre at Mount St Joseph's hospital. So in summary, if you are heading into this put your mind at rest, you are in good hands with Dr VL.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016