Ratings for Dr. Nancy Van Laeken

I endured what was supposed to be *skin tightening* of lower jaw line. This was conveyed by nancy van laeken to be a simple procedure, and that stitching would only be behind my ears. fat would be removed from jaw to further enhance and define my jaw. I was not completely comfortable with surgery, therefore it was explained several times that I did NOT want any stitching on the front of my face, and the my cheek s would not be touched as I HAD good skin, and high cheek bones and strong muscles over my upper cheek bones. as a petite individual my features also reflected a leaner profile, it was only my jaw line............... my surgery outcome was a complete contradiction of what was conveyed by nancy van laeken. in detail the following list: 1) surgical incisions went completely around the front of my face 2 inches over my ears, around neck under my chin, also a few random incisions on the top of my head, nose and front chin. extreme scars and lumps under chin 2) my nose appears to have been broken , as it is lopsided with what appears to be a filler or? on the end of one side the entire shape of my nose distorted, ( even my dentist commented *what monster did this to you*) 3)the muscles over my cheek bones have been severed and pooled at the corners of my jaw this has resulted in my skin under neck and chin to drop and sag, also my cheek bone appear to have been flattened either by removing muscle or actual bone as my bone that once came to top of ear now goes half way to mid ear 4) my ears have been displaced, and it appears my ear lobes have be stitched to my lower cheek 5) there are hollows over my upper cheek bones and the nasal area is also sunken in. mid face 6) some type of filler or fat has been randomly been placed in large deposits that cause extreme deformity and inhibit the ability to smile properly. muscles that have been severed and displaced cause severe lines on one side of face and challenges with breathing. 7 my before and after photos were taken by dentist(who had to repair a broken tooth) caused in surgery my passport and drivers license. Two years now and still no feeling in my lower cheeks, and the deformity is worse than ever I could fill a book on the horrors of this surgery, not only the physical torment but also the commentary from nancy van laeken and her team. as I was not completely out during the surgery it was like being inside an awakened nightmare, eg: not being able to breathe a few times during surgery and not being able to say anything, I developed an infection, nancy van laeken did not respond to calls and cambie clinic had to liason contact with her after two days I was told to forward photos via email which my care aid did only to be given a wrong medication that I was allergic to when an appointment was finally set by nancy van laeken after in her office there were several odd appointments scheduled at lunch time in the downtown building whereupon I was forced to wait in an empty office for up to an hour, and one time in a dirty surgical room that had a garbage bin full................I could go on with more horrific details , however the point is that I found this individual to display a rare kindness prior to surgery, I admired her then I also trusted her . , however I now feel I was used as a practicum by a teacher and a surgeon that lacks morals and ethics education administration , and the owner of a well established private school , I was often required to attend social promotions, lectures, meetings etc. van laeken told me to focus on my personality instead of my face . What a disturbing comment and behaviour from a (cosmetic surgeon?) the fact that I still write into warn people is indication of the traumatic experience I endured and still endure I welcome the individuals who have created this site to contact me, I am happy to share my before an d after photos, and also recordings that in the beginning were for my private reference, and the were filled with such cruel comments and lack of knowledge by van laeken

Submitted August 15, 2017

I have known Dr Nancy Van Laeken since 2005. She has been very helpful to me over the years with providing excellent consultations. Dr. Van Laeken has been a true professional and has managed my care in an excellent manner. Her staff have also been wonderfully supportive. I do not believe the negative comments written in some of the other write ups here, as Dr. Van Laeken has been nothing but kind, knowledgeable and very skilled during /for all our interactions. Thank you so much Dr. Van Laeken - you have definitely made a tough situation more manageable for me! I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Nancy Van Laeken

Submitted June 10, 2017

I would recommend Dr. Van Laeken to anyone. Her years of experience show in her knowledge and professionalism. I can't even begin to explain how pleased I have been with my entire experience with her and her staff. I am always greeted by name when I come into the office and never have to wait very long to see Nancy. Her staff are friendly and always willing to help in anyway that they can. Any concerns that I had were addressed right away and my mind was completely at ease through the whole healing process knowing that someone, Dr. Van Laeken or a staff member, was always there to answer any questions that came up. My life has been completely changed for the better and I am happier than I have been in years. I am so thankful for what Dr. Van Laeken has done for me.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Dr Van Larkin was the surgeon for my reconstruction and I have nothing but amazing things to say about her staff and herself.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

I would recommend Dr. Van Laeken to anyone I know that wants to have plastic surgery done. She's professional, welcoming and listens to what you want done. She's taken the time to answer all of my questions, the surgery went well and my recovery has been exactly what was expected. The results of my surgery are everything that I hoped for and I couldn't be happier that I chose this doctor to perform my surgery. All of the staff have been friendly and professional. Dr. Van Laeken and her team have made this a wonderful experience for me. I see that there are several negative comments on here but I think that you really have to research who is the best doctor for your needs and make sure that you have a realistic expectation of your surgery results.

Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr. Nancy is the worst dr,! You will indefinitely wake up from surgery with excessive scarring from incompetent incision making. If an incision should be only 1 cm, you better believe it will be 10 cm long, this dr is dishonsest, does not know anything about her own procedures, and is unethical. Do not waste your time with this dr, she is incompetent and very forgetful, If you do decide to take the risk, please record everything she says, she is very forgetful and dishonest. Be careful! Do not have any surgery with this dr besides breast augmintation, do not let her touch any other part of you , especially your face.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

My experience with Dr. Van Laeken and her staff was everything I could have hoped for. All my appointments were on time and surgery went as scheduled. The doctor was forthcoming in what I could expect and what would be the final results. She was right on. I was very satisfied and happy with the results. The healing time was clearly stated so there were no surprises. I found Dr. Van Laeken to be personable, interested and very professional. I would recommend her services to anyone who has a realistic approach to what is they are wanting done.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

well ms. nancy , not so much as a phone call or an email to follow up after my totally botched surgery, riddled with complications. warning to all beware of this surgeon, in fact run the other direction and save yourself.

Submitted April 5, 2017

Dr Van Laeken doesn't deserve to be a doctor. She botched my arm lift and breast augmentation. I had her redo them. I think I was her practice patient. When you ask a dr. a question and they evade the answer beware. Very disappointed and very expensive. I had my surgery in 2007 and still think about my contempt for the woman.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

Botched twice by this doctor. Very sad and very expensive. I should've believed all of the negative reviews!!! I would not consider going to her ever again.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017