Ratings for Dr. Nancy Van Laeken

I would recommend Dr. Van Laeken to anyone I know that wants to have plastic surgery done. She's professional, welcoming and listens to what you want done. She's taken the time to answer all of my questions, the surgery went well and my recovery has been exactly what was expected. The results of my surgery are everything that I hoped for and I couldn't be happier that I chose this doctor to perform my surgery. All of the staff have been friendly and professional. Dr. Van Laeken and her team have made this a wonderful experience for me. I see that there are several negative comments on here but I think that you really have to research who is the best doctor for your needs and make sure that you have a realistic expectation of your surgery results.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr. Nancy is the worst dr,! You will indefinitely wake up from surgery with excessive scarring from incompetent incision making. If an incision should be only 1 cm, you better believe it will be 10 cm long, this dr is dishonsest, does not know anything about her own procedures, and is unethical. Do not waste your time with this dr, she is incompetent and very forgetful, If you do decide to take the risk, please record everything she says, she is very forgetful and dishonest. Be careful! Do not have any surgery with this dr besides breast augmintation, do not let her touch any other part of you , especially your face.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

My experience with Dr. Van Laeken and her staff was everything I could have hoped for. All my appointments were on time and surgery went as scheduled. The doctor was forthcoming in what I could expect and what would be the final results. She was right on. I was very satisfied and happy with the results. The healing time was clearly stated so there were no surprises. I found Dr. Van Laeken to be personable, interested and very professional. I would recommend her services to anyone who has a realistic approach to what is they are wanting done.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

well ms. nancy , not so much as a phone call or an email to follow up after my totally botched surgery, riddled with complications. warning to all beware of this surgeon, in fact run the other direction and save yourself.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

I came to visit my aunt, only to see that nancy van laeken had done a surgery to tighten skin and define jaw line on the lower face. How with all your years of education and obvious research and experience could you have severed muscles and not adhered them back . How could you take away the ability for someone to smile How could you mutilate a face. It appears you mutilated my aunts face on purpose, because with all your education etc.. that you boast of this could not be an accident. I live in California, along with several members of our family, and I intend on telling everyone I know, of your facial mutilation surgery when I return home By the way I noticed you take down the complaints from your own sites, I would think this is because you work from these surgical centres also and they don't like the publicity of your errors , intentional or by mistake. I have listened to all the recordings my aunt taped with you, and all the reviewed all the photographs before and after, Her photos were not touched up from BCID or passport or dentists, and what you did to my aunt is criminal, along with all the comments. further you stated you worked with others as you upsold additional treatments my aunt did not want , I can only think that had you convinced her, you would have placed blame on others. Surely my aunt spoke of her son, I pray he opens an investigation and presents it to the media to warn people..

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

This comment has to do with a friend, and neighbour.My friend is the type of person who has dedicated her life to helping others. She is altruistic, so does not have blogs and web pages sharing the mass amount of volunteer work, foster children and evangelical missions in third world countries to help rescue children from abuse & poverty . Upholding human rights., and establishing childrens rights. When I met her she had turned her own home into a resource and referral retreat for parents and children at risk, and she was in the midst of creating positive guidance techniques that would help create a child development regulations act. To look at her , she is non assuming and yet far beyond the most selfless person I know, often stated her greatest gift was her smile so that she may share her love of life.She used to comment that she wanted a refreshed look , so that others would not think she was sad.She told no one she had been advised by van laeken to have surgery and for the last year maintained a low profile. I thought something had happened , as her face looked drooped and puffy . Upon opening up recently she explained about the surgery, and about the comments made by van laeken. it appears you place profit over people with no regard . You told her to forget her face and work on her personality. As a cosmetic surgeon you should be ashamed of yourself.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

I experienced moody staff, and often had to wait over half an hour (or More ) in an empty large waiting room that contained enough white uncomfortable chairs to accommodate a seminar. , then led to an empty surgical room to sit another fifteen or more minutes... I recall seeing a bucket on several occasions filled with filthy surgical gowns etc and even blood stained, This was a week after my surgery, in fact I was requested to come for appointments around lunch. The building is located in the downtown entertainment and restaurant and financial district, consequently I horrified to have to share my stitched and bruised swollen self with so many people in the area.........., I recall thinking why was I called into the office at lunch time so many times only to have to wait for up to an hour. I tried to address my questions and concerns to van laeken, I even tried to forgive her malicious behaviour , as to which by this time had become so defensive that there was no communication. Consequently I would email the reception and ask if they could forward my questions to van laeken. My concerns included (1) an inability to breathe properly (2) incision opening (3) deformity (4) unauthorized procedures When I inquired about a particular procedure there was no knowledge or explanation surrendered by van laeken. , Her comments and behaviour patterns were so bizarre, her voice always controlled, seemingly kind however her facial expressions were aggressive as were her remarks. It has been a learning curve, at first I was hesitant to submit my before and after photos but I think individuals need to see so as to protect themselves

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

we should have taken more notice to researching comments. somehow one tends to trust a surgeon, as they are normally associated with mental and physical health. cosmetic surgeons should recognize the emotional agony one may experience and focus on that to help improve the physical appearance . It is not a time to judge, degrade, or allow their own insecurities to abuse a patient.. In a manner of professional conduct a surgeon is obliged to decline a client if the surgeon is not capable with the subtle suggestion of another surgeon. Experimenting, and or proceeding with a surgery beyond their limitations is an ethical and moral offence. and reflects severely on all . the college of physicians and surgeons is an association that with all due respect should be listening to these complaints........... Although waking one up in the midst of an eye surgery to show them in a mirror, or rambling cruel comments , or causing intentional grief on any level to client may seem entertaining to a surgeon at the time however when enough clients come forward or even vent any type of communication of abuse it is a reflection .

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

I'm leaving a comment on the experience that a good friend of mine is still going thru after more than one year after surgery. Dr Van Laeken did facial surgery on her. But before all this she did her due diligence on what a where Dr Van Laeken was going to make incisions. After the operation that was where everything changed. When she awoke her incision went around her face, over her ears under her chin and for some unknown reason Dr Van Laeken cut her facial muscles. My friend developed an infection. Was 2 days later she got a prescription, and as it turns out it was the wrong prescription?? Had the pharmacist not been on top of his game, its quite possible she could have died. I went with her one time to see the Dr. and my friend had the report from Cambie Surgical about the amount of fat that was injected in her face, Van Laeken took the paper from her hands, took out her pen scratched out what was there and printed what she wanted it to be. There was a definite lack of communication between The Doctor and my friend. She suffered so much needlessly. All she got was give it a year..well its more than a year and her face is far worse off now than she went in. True it a little vain getting a face lift, but if you want to and have the hard earned money to pay for it then you should still have the right to complain about it if its not rite. And it should be up to the Doctor to make it rite. I am a contractor and if my customer does not like my work I make it rite. After all if your laying down 15 - 20 thousand and your Doctor doesn't communicate with you at all, WHAT DO YOU DO?? If your considering getting face work from Van Laeken, you should run and never look back. Totally disgusted that something like this is allowed to happen with no recourse.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

HOW DARE NANCY VAN LAEKEN PROMOTE HERSELF AS CARING AND COMPASSIONATE! ALTHOUGH SHE MAY BE ONE OF THE BEST ACTRESS, WHILE SHE IS PROMOTING HER ABILITIES SHE HAS DEMONSTRATED A TOTAL LACK OF KNOWLEDGE, SENSITIVITY, AND A FURTHER CRUEL MANIPULATION OF WORDS AFTER BOTCHED SURGERY, WITH NO KNOWLEDGE OF UNDERSTANDING AFTER SHE HAS BEEN PAID , SHE WILL DISCONTINUE COMMUNICATION WITH NO REGARD FOR PATIENTS .

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017