Ratings for Dr. Nancy Van Laeken

it is my view that plastic surgeons have their own areas of specialization. I feel that Dr Van laekens specialty is directed to breasts, especially since Allergen (breast implants) awarded her in top sales, and the majority of experience has been dedicated to these clients. However, I also reconized that there is a level of unacceptable arrogance, rude commentary, and lack of knowledge in addressing errors. ( all why speaking in a soft spoken montone voice) Rather interesting especially considering we are consumers purchasing a service, My surgery was to tighten skin, and remove fat from jaw and tighten neck. I interviewed Dr Van Laeken, and discussed over and over my procedure, it was confirmed as I had great volume in the upper cheek , and strong facial muscles, from a life of weight lifting that she would not touch my upper cheeks, eyes, and only focus on the removal of fat from jaw, tighten skin on jaw and neck. We also confirmed injecting my own body fat (from jaw) to fill any lines around upper mouth. We also confirmed that I wanted to maintain a lean muscular look in my face., over and over There was no mention of slicing into my facial muscles, it was my only comfort going under to think that she would only be stiching behind my ear and neck. IN SHOCK AFTER SURGERY MY INCISION WENT AROUND MY FACE, OVER MY EARS INTO THE HAIRLINE, AROUND MY EARS, , UNDER MY CHIN, AND NECK. FACIAL MUSCLES HAD BEEN SEVERED THAT INCLUDED UPPER CHEEK , LOWER FACIAL AREA MUSCLES , UNDER CHIN ( UNDER JAW AREA IS CROOKED AND LUMPY I DEVELOPED AN INFECTION, MY HEAD SWELLED ON ONE SIDE, I HAD TO CONTACT CAMBIE SURGICAL TO CONTACT DR. VAN LAEKEN, TWO DAYS LATER, WHEREUPON I WAS ASKED TO FORWARD PHOTOS, THEN THE WRONG PRESCRIPTION WAS CALLED IN ( MY PHARMACIST BROUGHT IT TO MY ATTENTION ) GONE ARE MY BEAUTIFUL CHEEKS, AND I HAVE BEEN LEFT WITH DEFORMED LUMPY CHEEKS , HOLLOWS UNDER MY EYES, INSTEAD OF REMOVING FAT FROM MY JAW, FAT WAS ADDED , MY LOWER FACE IS NOW PUFFED LARGER THAN MY CHEEK BONES ITS AS THOUGH SHE DID THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT I ASKED. I HAVE NO FEELING IN MY FACE, EARS OR TEMPLES SIX MONTHS NOW AND THERE IS NO IMPROVEMENT MY FACE HAS BEEN TOTALLY MUTILATED. I HAVE HAD TO GO TO PHYSIO JUST TO GET MY JAW OPENING, I HAVE NON STOP RINGING IN MY EARS, MIGRAINES,(NEVER HAD A HEADACHE BEFORE) I AM NOW WAITING FOR RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY TO REPAIR THE DAMAGE SHE CAUSED. EVEN MORE CONCERNING WAS NANCY VAN LAEKEN S BEHAVIOUR AND COMMENTS TO eg": YOU SHOULD FOCUS ON YOUR PERSONALITY NOT YOUR FACE" or suggesting sedatives to me stating " EVEN I USE SOMETHING NOW AND THEN" as I am a runner, body builder, etc.. I do not use substance , and further the fact that a plastic surgeon does is also challenging as during my interview process i did ask about lifestyle. I socialize with many professionals that have reconfirmed my emotional stability. , and have further conveyed that this was most likely a technique she used to cover her inabilities. PRIOR TO SURGERY I HAD PHOTOGRAPHS TAKEN BY TWO DENTISTS AND HAD THEM MAGNIFIED and TWO OTHER DOCTORS. I HAVE ALSO DOCUMENTED DAILY PHOTOS FROM THE DAY OF THE REMOVAL OF BANDAGES AFTER SURGERY, AND FOR MY OWN REFRENCE RECORDINGS OF ALL CONVERSATIONS I STRONGLY SUGGEST CLEAR WRITTEN COMMUNICATION ON THE PROCEDURE PRIOR TO SURGERY THIS IS AN INVESTMENT, THIS IS ALSO A PAID SERVICE, AND LIKE OR NOT THE SURGEON IS WORKING FOR THE CONSUMER ASK FOR REFRENCES, NOT JUST AWARDS OR EDUCATION, ASK ABOUT WHO THE TEAM WORKING WITH THE SURGEON IS. ALSO IF YOU WILL BE PART OF A STUDENT PRACTICUM. JUST BECAUSE ONE MAY PAY FOR SURGERY DOES NOT MAKE THEM EXEMPT FROM BEING USED. INVESTIGATE PRIOR TO YOUR INVESTMENT KNOW THE RISKS , ONE OF THEM IS DEATH. SPEAK WITH SOMEONE WHO WILL HONEST IF YOU REALLY NEED THIS PROCEDURE ( LIKE A NATURALIST) IN MY VIEW WE SHOULD BE LIFTING OUR SELF ESTEEMS , NOT OUR FACE.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

Dr. Van Laeken did my BA in 1997 and she did my explant this year. Because of Dr. Van Laeken's skills, the scars around my nipples were practically non-existant. My breasts looked natural, but that is not the reason I decided to explant, I was simply done with them. She did not try to push me into doing an exchange, and she explained what she was going to do. This woman has tones of energy and when ever I have called the clinic to ask a question, I always get a call back in a timely manner. The staff are very efficient, and I never had to wait long for an appointment, or for a surgery date.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

If you are LGBT do not go to this doctor, cause as soon as you share the information about your gender identity they refuse to see you again or get back to you on your concerns.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

She did an immediate tram flap breast reconstruction after my double mastectomy(because of cancer). I can't tell you all the great things I have to say about her. She was kind, efficient and her staff are amazing. The surgery she performed was excellent. My "new" breasts are very realistic and the tram flap surgery is very invasive but she was so good that I am so glad Dr Dingee recommended her. My children saw that their Mom didn't look like she had cancer. I went in the hospital and when I came out five days later, I physically looked basically the same! Thank you Dr Van Laeken--I am indebted to you!!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Van Laekens since 2008 and I find her to be 'an angel in disguise' . I was going through a difficult time after finding I had breast cancer and wanting a bilateral mastectomy. I had a tram flap which my abdomen rejected the mesh and sutures but she with me every step of the way making sure I felt good. Yes Dr Van Laeken, you are amazing and so is your staff, caring and making you feel alive even in your darkest moments.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

I had a breast reduction 2 months ago and couldn't be happier with the results! I didn't think it was possible to love my breasts and I actually do! Dr Van Laeken is amazing ! Worth every penny.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

I had a breast reduction recently and I am extremely pleased with the results. The outcome exceeded my expectations and Dr. van Laeken has been very professional and caring. I am so glad that I had the surgey done, and my expereince with her, the surgical centre and her staff has been top-drawer. Worth every penny I paid. I would not hestiate to recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2015

Fantastic ! Nancy Van Booobs Laeken! Excellent Surgeon!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

I had breast reduction surgery just under 3 months ago with Dr Van Laeken and am very pleased with the results. She is incredibly efficient and doesn't seek to waste yours, or her, time! I'd held off from the surgery for a long time due to all the stories of significant pain, long recovery and bad scarring. I was back exercising after a week, and the scars are extremely neat and minimal and, at 2 months post-surgery, were hardly visible in spots. My advice for having this surgery, whether with Dr Van Laeken or another surgeon, is to be realistic and not act like a princess!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

I was very reluctant in booking a consultation with Dr. Van Laeken due to some of the reviews. Boy, am I glad that I went ahead anyways. During my consultation, she answered all my questions without me even having to ask them. She knew exactly the 'look' I wanted to achieve and delivered those results. I cannot rave enough on just how happy I am with the outcome of my surgeries. I would recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2014