Ratings for Dr. David M. Grischkan

Dr. Grischkan is absolutely fantastic surgeon. With two hernias, he was very honest in discussing the optimal approach for both of them. After the surgery on the first, which proved worse than expected, I was walking the same day, back at work in two days, and back to normal activity and working out in 4 days. Why would you want to have lapriscopic surgery and be out for 3-6 weeks? Dr. Grischkan's procedure was amazing and I'm grateful to be back to normal so quickly!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2019

I had surgery one year ago and all went well I was on Tylenol for one day there was minimal discomfort. The good Doctor is a walking encyclopedia on hernia surgery and was very informative and upfront on all costs and details of the procedure

flag | Submitted February 14, 2019

I've been to Dr. Grischkan three times over the past 15 years for hernia repairs. Before my first repair in 2002, I went to a general surgeon for a comparative consultation. No comparison. After Dr. Grischkan performed that repair and the next two, I was back in the gym three days later lifting weights and one week later golfing. I recommend him to everyone and would put a sixth star on my review. He's concise, caring, and highly skilled.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2019

Had a awesome experience with this doctor and staff. Had a double hernia had the surgery on Thursday and was back to work by Tuesday .

flag | Submitted October 24, 2018

I am a dentist so even though it's not important for me to be back in the gym in four days like Mr. Olympia I was back seeing patients on a regular schedule in four days. Mowed my lawn 48 hours after surgery (walk behind self propelled). They really encourage you to walk even same day. Great experience all around.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2018

He repaired my ventral hernia that I put off for years because I could not be off work for 4-6 weeks. I missed 1 day of work and resumed normal activities and work within a few days. I'm kicking myself for not seeing him a long time ago. He is an excellent surgeon with top notch results. I'm a doctor myself and was skeptical about his reports of such quick recovery time. I couldn't be happier with the outcome and recommend him and only him to my own patients who need hernia surgery.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2018

I had my Umbelical hernia for about a year and a half, before deciding to get it repaired. Went to see Dr. Grischkan, and he got me in for surgery the following week. The surgery was quick and painless. A week later I went on a 1500 mile motorcycle trip. I would highly recommend Dr. Grischkan.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2018

dr grischkan is a excellent doctor I would recommend him to anybody for hernia surgery.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2018

In October 2005 I contacted Dr. Grischkan for a consultation for repair of an inguinal hernia. This hernia had been previously repaired by two other surgeons. The first repair came undone by it not being sutured properly - i was told. The second repair was done with mesh and I had problems from the start with tugging and pulling pains caused by the mesh bunching up. It was a nightmare situation. I don't remember the chain of events that led me to Dr. Grischkan but what a relief!!! His preoperative diagnosis was a recurrent right inguinal hernia with entrapment of the spermatic cord along with nerve entrapment. He repaired the hernia along with releasing and decompressing the spermatic cord entrapment followed by the decompression of the entrapped ilioinguinal nerve. He also removed all of the dangerous mesh. He told me that my repair was rather extensive and complicated but he expected perfect results. To date I have had no issues with the repair!!! The interesting part is prior to surgery Dr. Grischkan told me that after surgery I would be able to go home and walk and enjoy the other physical things I enjoy. I just laughed knowing full well how the next 3 days were very painful with the other repairs. I can't even describe the amount of pain well. He hit it right on the money - very minor pain and I could function just fine. What a blessing!!! His personal touch is excellent and the cost of the surgery was very competitive. I have referred several friends to Dr. Grischkan for hernia repairs and I will not go to any one else so long as he is still practicing. I have had zero problems with my hernia repair thanks to Dr. Grischkan"s technique. Just wish I would have found him at the first repair!!!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2018

Look no further,Absolutely the best in hernia care

flag | Submitted July 25, 2018