Ratings for Dr. David M. Grischkan

I am a dentist so even though it's not important for me to be back in the gym in four days like Mr. Olympia I was back seeing patients on a regular schedule in four days. Mowed my lawn 48 hours after surgery (walk behind self propelled). They really encourage you to walk even same day. Great experience all around.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2018

He repaired my ventral hernia that I put off for years because I could not be off work for 4-6 weeks. I missed 1 day of work and resumed normal activities and work within a few days. I'm kicking myself for not seeing him a long time ago. He is an excellent surgeon with top notch results. I'm a doctor myself and was skeptical about his reports of such quick recovery time. I couldn't be happier with the outcome and recommend him and only him to my own patients who need hernia surgery.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2018

I had my Umbelical hernia for about a year and a half, before deciding to get it repaired. Went to see Dr. Grischkan, and he got me in for surgery the following week. The surgery was quick and painless. A week later I went on a 1500 mile motorcycle trip. I would highly recommend Dr. Grischkan.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2018

dr grischkan is a excellent doctor I would recommend him to anybody for hernia surgery.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2018

In October 2005 I contacted Dr. Grischkan for a consultation for repair of an inguinal hernia. This hernia had been previously repaired by two other surgeons. The first repair came undone by it not being sutured properly - i was told. The second repair was done with mesh and I had problems from the start with tugging and pulling pains caused by the mesh bunching up. It was a nightmare situation. I don't remember the chain of events that led me to Dr. Grischkan but what a relief!!! His preoperative diagnosis was a recurrent right inguinal hernia with entrapment of the spermatic cord along with nerve entrapment. He repaired the hernia along with releasing and decompressing the spermatic cord entrapment followed by the decompression of the entrapped ilioinguinal nerve. He also removed all of the dangerous mesh. He told me that my repair was rather extensive and complicated but he expected perfect results. To date I have had no issues with the repair!!! The interesting part is prior to surgery Dr. Grischkan told me that after surgery I would be able to go home and walk and enjoy the other physical things I enjoy. I just laughed knowing full well how the next 3 days were very painful with the other repairs. I can't even describe the amount of pain well. He hit it right on the money - very minor pain and I could function just fine. What a blessing!!! His personal touch is excellent and the cost of the surgery was very competitive. I have referred several friends to Dr. Grischkan for hernia repairs and I will not go to any one else so long as he is still practicing. I have had zero problems with my hernia repair thanks to Dr. Grischkan"s technique. Just wish I would have found him at the first repair!!!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2018

Look no further,Absolutely the best in hernia care

flag | Submitted July 25, 2018

Excellent Doctor Had the best experience possible with my surgery Dr Grischkan did everything that he said would happen with a very difficult surgery Highly recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

In 2005, I became a victim of a disastrous double hernia repair, which left me in pain for 12 years. No one should go through what I experienced when dangerous hernia mesh was put in my body. I finally decided that I had to get the hernia mesh removed. I knew that I had to find the best doctor to repair the damage and put my body back to normal. After much research, I was confident that Dr. Grischkan was the top surgeon in the U.S. to perform my double hernia mesh removal surgery. I filled out a short questionnaire and before I knew it, he personally called me on the phone to discuss my medical needs. In today's depersonalized healthcare systems, it was a surprise and a breath of fresh air to get this level of personalized care. I was taken back by the time he spent with me on the phone (it felt like I was back in the 1950's when doctors actually made house calls!). It was a 2-hour drive to his center, but I would have traveled across the country to receive this caliber of hernia and surgical knowledge. After meeting him at my consultation, it did not take long for my husband and I to decide to move forward with the surgery. Dr. Grischkan's friendly manner and extraordinary expertise really put me at ease. It was such a relief to finally find such an authority on hernia issues! He gave me a price for the surgery and I never paid a penny more (no hidden fees or extra charges). His office staff is very responsive and helpful. My anesthesiologist was amazing! He answered all of my questions and really knows his stuff. Dr. Grischkan performed the operation and it was over in no time … finally, after 12 years, I was on the road to recovery. The results are beyond my expectations. I'm 2 weeks out from surgery and already I am experiencing how soft my insides feel. Before, I always felt pulling, tugging and painful jabbing. Now, I am moving so much easier and I can't wait for further healing. I feel like I got my body back! I would highly recommend Dr. Grischkan for any type of hernia repair. He's THE ONE to go to. What I really love is the fact that he is also a driving force and a competent activist to get hernia mesh banned forever. He's fighting the system for the benefit of patients and nothing can be better than that!! Thank you, Dr. Grischkan for your remarkable care and giving me back the quality of life I deserve.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

You won’t find a better surgeon than Dr. Grischkan. I had a large inguinal hernia for many years, if I had know the surgery and recovery time would be so easy I never would have waited so long. The staff at the Hernia Center of Ohio is very welcoming and put me at ease right away. After the initial consultation with Dr. Grischkan my surgery was scheduled for the following week. The surgery was preformed on time with no complications. I had very little pain and never even filled the prescription the Doctor gave me. I was back to work a week after surgery with no restrictions. If you want a surgeon that is professional, caring and knows his stuff I urge you to talk to Dr. Grischkan.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Dr. Grischkan performed my 4th hernia surgery. The first was when I was 18 months old. I had two prior surgeries as an adult, both using mesh and both performed by general surgeons - one in my mid 30's and another in my mid 40's. I am now in my mid 50's and had been living with mild to quite severe pain in the affected area on an almost daily basis. The first surgery as an adult also apparently covered my spermatic core with mesh, which explained why being intimate had been quite painful for a very long time. It has been 10 months since Dr. Grischkan fixed everything and I am back to lifting the weights I was in my younger years and my love life is far more enjoyable. :) The surgery was worth every penny that I paid for it, which I had to pay for out of my own pocket.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017