Ratings for Dr. David M. Grischkan

Very good experience. The surgery went exactly as described and Íwas back on my feet that same afternoon. I highly recommend his services.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2019

In 2016, at age 57 and in excellent health, I developed a inguinal hernia while exercising. I researched online and consulted with two very experienced surgeons about my options. I was never offered a mesh free repair. I read about the mesh free repair but didn't follow up because it wasn't covered by my insurance and not used very often. Although I didn't like having "MESH" left inside me, I had the well promoted "gold standard"open repair done with mesh by a very experienced surgeon in November 2016. After a painful recovery I was back to top physical condition in a month. Five months later I started on horrible, painful, WHOLE BODY downhill slide. Five doctors couldn't couldn't explain it. After hundreds of hours online I KNEW the the MESH was the problem. I found Dr. Grischkan in 2018. With his great skill, he was able to remove the mesh and use his Shouldice mesh free repair. After a painless recovery, I feel great. THANK YOU! Dr. Grischkan J McCartney

flag | Submitted April 27, 2019

Dr. Grischkan is the best hernia surgeon! It took months of research to find him, and I'm glad I did the research. The results I got from my complicated double hernia repair surgery to remove old hernia mesh was stellar! After 12 years of pain, I now have no pain at all. I HIGHLY recommend him for your hernia surgery. There is no one better. Even after 1 year after surgery with Dr. Grischkan, I am still in awe of his expertise!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2019

Dr. Grischkan is absolutely fantastic surgeon. With two hernias, he was very honest in discussing the optimal approach for both of them. After the surgery on the first, which proved worse than expected, I was walking the same day, back at work in two days, and back to normal activity and working out in 4 days. Why would you want to have lapriscopic surgery and be out for 3-6 weeks? Dr. Grischkan's procedure was amazing and I'm grateful to be back to normal so quickly!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2019

I had surgery one year ago and all went well I was on Tylenol for one day there was minimal discomfort. The good Doctor is a walking encyclopedia on hernia surgery and was very informative and upfront on all costs and details of the procedure

flag | Submitted February 14, 2019

I've been to Dr. Grischkan three times over the past 15 years for hernia repairs. Before my first repair in 2002, I went to a general surgeon for a comparative consultation. No comparison. After Dr. Grischkan performed that repair and the next two, I was back in the gym three days later lifting weights and one week later golfing. I recommend him to everyone and would put a sixth star on my review. He's concise, caring, and highly skilled.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2019

Had a awesome experience with this doctor and staff. Had a double hernia had the surgery on Thursday and was back to work by Tuesday .

flag | Submitted October 24, 2018

I am a dentist so even though it's not important for me to be back in the gym in four days like Mr. Olympia I was back seeing patients on a regular schedule in four days. Mowed my lawn 48 hours after surgery (walk behind self propelled). They really encourage you to walk even same day. Great experience all around.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2018

He repaired my ventral hernia that I put off for years because I could not be off work for 4-6 weeks. I missed 1 day of work and resumed normal activities and work within a few days. I'm kicking myself for not seeing him a long time ago. He is an excellent surgeon with top notch results. I'm a doctor myself and was skeptical about his reports of such quick recovery time. I couldn't be happier with the outcome and recommend him and only him to my own patients who need hernia surgery.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2018

I had my Umbelical hernia for about a year and a half, before deciding to get it repaired. Went to see Dr. Grischkan, and he got me in for surgery the following week. The surgery was quick and painless. A week later I went on a 1500 mile motorcycle trip. I would highly recommend Dr. Grischkan.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2018