Ratings for Dr. John S. Ebisu

Dr. Ebisu was recommended for my teenage son by the Evergreen ER after treatment of an abcess; he declared my son "fine" after 5 minutes. Over the course of a few months we dealt with reinfections and urgent care visits without any substantive interest from Dr. Ebisu, who eventually ordered a CAT-scan due to my wife's concern. After the scan, not a wod from either Dr. Ebisu or the Proliance group. After playing "Where's Waldo" with this man for months, we've asked Proliance for a different surgeon. Dr. Ebisu has exhibited no interest in my son' s care aside from getting him in and out of the office quickly. I'm also disappointed with Proliance's oversight in this matter; Proliance Surgeons apparently serves only as an umbrella group for independent Practices and manages only the business end of the enterprise; they might want to consider some supervision of the effectiveness of the medical treatment that they promise to provide as well.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

Dr Ebisu performed surgery on my wife to remove her breast cancer and biopsy the sentinel node. We both felt he was distant and even unfriendly during the first appointment, but he seemed knowledgeable so we decided not to seek a different surgeon. About 2 weeks after the surgery my wife suddenly began experiencing intense pain under her arm and started running a fever. I immediately called Dr. Ebisu's office and they paged him. When he called me back he had no recollection of who my wife was, even asking who had performed her surgery. He didn't sound at all concerned about her condition, but he called in some antibiotics and asked her to come in the next day. When we arrived the next day he looked at her for less than 30 seconds and told her to keep taking the antibiotics. A week later when he saw her again he didn't even touch her, just gave her more antibiotics and asked to see her again in another week. We are not impressed and are now trying to find a different surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

My 20 yr old was admitted for a spontaneous pneumothorax. Since I live 2200 mi away, I was anxious to get info on his condition. Dr. Ebisu called me and explained the situation and recommended surgery. I asked why and he explained his rationale. He was patient and explained it until I had enough information to make a decision on the surgery. I flew to be with my son during the surgery and again Dr. Ebisu always explained what he was thinking. Working with docs, I found highly intelligent docs have a hard time communicating with the average non-medical person. Advocate for yourself because rarely does the medical system do it for you. Do research on your problem (I did!) until you know what is what and what to ask. I had to insists on a couple of things during this and although it is annoying, I know to expect that I have to make sure everyone is on the same page. I wish is weren't that way, but it is with the current system.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2012

For starters, he has a very plastic bedside manner. The way he spoke to me was very detached and emotionless. I was sent to him for an appendectomy which my amazing primary care doctor diagnosed, and I was rushed to Evergreen so that Dr. Ebisu could perform the procedure. When I got my medical charts back later, Ebisu had written in his own name as the "diagnosing physician". He didn't diagnose jack, he was trying to pad his records! After the surgery I never saw him again, not even when I was being discharged. When I went back a week later for my follow-up, he told me to lift my shirt, glanced at my surgical wounds for less than a second and said I looked fine. Then he walked out of the room and told me in passing where the exit was. No real exam was done; no checking for pain and tenderness, no questions asked. Nothing. I was stunned at how little he seemed to care.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2012

I had my gall bladder removed, needless to say i do feel better, but the doctor himself was very distant. Didn't take time to get to know me, or answer some questions i had after the surgery. my follow up appointment lasted 10 minutes. I actually had to stay the night in the hospital becuase I knew i wasn't ready to go home, and they kept trying to tell me I had to go home. The next morning he didn't even come into the room to check on me, just sat outside the window and said you go home today. Not happy with this expiernce or doctor.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

great doctor, informative, prompt, and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2009

Ebisu misdiagnosed my breast cancer and I went 7 months before it was found by another doctor. He is unprofessional and should not be given a license to practice. I have evidence to prove this claim is true. I have all mamograms and ultra sound film in my possession to prove my case.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2007

I did not care for this Doctor. He did not introduce himself, did not make eye contact at all. I was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer. He did not take the time to read through my chart before he came into the room, rather read and diagnosed while I sat there. He did not discuss surgican options, but said here is what you are doing and when. I did not feel he had a very caring or supportive bedside manner and would not recommend anyone facing breast surgery to seek service from him.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2007

Dr. John S. Ebisu's Credentials

• University Of Hawaii John A. Burns School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Kirkland, WA