Ratings for Dr. Robert Miller

Prior to an appointment with my GP to get a referral for a dermatologist, I did research on dermatologists in my area. I decided that I would ask for a referral specifically for Dr. Miller based on the services offered on his website and his reviews. I called his office and spoke with Wendy (a receptionist I assume) to ask very basic questions about referral requirements, wait times etc. She was incredibly dismissive, condescending and unhelpful. I will no longer be requesting a referral for this doctor based on the treatment I received from his staff.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Dr Miller and his staff were very friendly and helpful. He addressed my concerns and knew what he was talking about. He even offered me a free treatment if I was not satisfied with the first treatment. Very highly recommended.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

I had been referred to Dr. Miller with high recommendations, I had a few issues to address, he was rude, disengaged, full of dated misinformation, tried to pawn my business off elsewhere (in an exasperated tone "why don't you go to the landings"), referenced google, and tossed me an expired cream for my face. I left there under the impression that he answers to money and does not care about potential patients who actually may have valid medical concerns.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Rob Miller for approx. 10 years for hyperdrosis treatments. He is friendly, knowledgeable and always takes the time to listen and answer any questions that I might have. Debbie, Patsy and all of the staff are wonderful. I always feel right at home - as opposed to being at a doctor's appointment. I highly recommend Dr Miller and his staff. Simply the best!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Miller for acne. I found him to be unhelpful and not particularly kind. I kind of got the sense that he was rushing and that his business is more for profit than for helping. He insisted that I take Accutane for my very, very mild case of acne , something that I was very uncomfortable doing. My GP told me that if I was her child, she would not allow me to take Accutane for this mild of a case. I then saw another Dermatologist in Halifax (Dr. Mary Baxter) who was amazing and prescribed me a light cream. Within two weeks, all of my acne was gone. I have been acne free for one year now and I didn't have to take any harsh drugs like Accutane. He also could not recognize a case of Molluscum Contagiosum whereas Mary Baxter knew immediately what it was and helped me deal with this. I would not recommend Dr. Robert Miller.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Good doctor, but not the best. He can be very helpful, his office is pretty fancy. He is quite friendly

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

Have always had a great experience with all the staff as well as dr. miller very accomadating and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2013

I recently had a very bad fall and needed stitches on my face. After the stitches were taken out I noticed alot of scar tissue and called Dr Miller hoping to get an appointment. He saw me the same day when he knew my concerns. Dr Miller gave me several coritizone shots and I have seen a great improvement in the appearance of the scars. I will certainly be going for laser resurfacing treatment in the next few months. Halifax is so lucky to have such a talented Doctor that we can trust to do a good job.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2013

I did find Dr Miller very knowledgeable, however I did feel " rushed" at times ....... One of the procedures was administered by an inexperienced Nurse who didnt know how to operate the equipment properly and my face got bruised, I was very upset , they did apologize but it shattered my confidence in thier services so needless to say I did not continue with them...They should have offered me a discount to alleviate my stress at the time and tried to keep me as customer but they didnt even seem to care that much to be honest...

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

Excellent Dr.He gives friendly helpful advice. He is approachable and makes you feel relaxed.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2011