Ratings for Dr. Irena Paprocki

She is not a good doctor at all. Language barrier for sure. She does not understand English very well. She did not properly treat my husband's diabetes. Thank God we found another doctor and he is fantastic! I would never recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

WOW! The comments here are crazy to be honest. This Dr. is a gift from above yes you do have to wait a while but, she is well worth the wait. I have never left her office without the help I came for. If she does not know she is the first to give you the information about a different doctor. If it was not for her my husband and I would have died from Cancer. This doctor not only took the time but made sure were seen the right doctors. I am not sure of what you are looking for in a doctor. If you are lucky enough to have her you could not be in better hands. Like I said she is a gift from above. I called her once 1,000 miles away to have my daughter inlaw come in to see her, and she took her in ASAP. I do not know of any other doctor in Winnipeg that would do that for a family member out of the blue. Yes you do have to wait but once in her office she has never rushed anyone in my family. Count on her to give you wonderful treatment, and the answers you are looking for.Thanks Dr.Irena

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

I do not like her. She does not seem to listen, there is a languauge barrier. I am well over due on a pap and refuse to go back to her. I have a latex allergy and she has used latex on me when asked if the gloves were latex free, I was told yes. On a visit this year she said they have never had latex free and they do not know where to get latex free gloves from. I have had 3+ paps done by her. Severe pain, bleeding afterwards and once she broke the speculum while performing the exam. I am in desperate search of a new doctor.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2009

i found her staff pleasant, the wait time pretty normal for a doctors office the doctor mostly friendly, there were some language problems ,her english is less than perfect and she has to translate whats being said in her mind while consulting ,it sometimes comes back oddly. her english is better than my slavic , i couldnt do it. i found her sincere and honest. her understanding of the manitoba medical labyrinth is not good, she seems to think it works better than it does, i did find her willing and trying to be helpful, she was my gp for a few years, i found some one closer to my home on the other side of the city , but i wouldnt hesitate to see her again if i needed a doctor.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2008

use this dr. as a secondary dr. for sore throats, dermatology referrals, etc. she doesn't take down any family history or do any physical check up. we tell her what prescriptions and referrals we want. like a fast food drive through - don't expect much.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2008

i went to her awile ago , told her my family history and she did not write nothing down, very hard to understand her,in person and on the phone.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2007

She is extremly dedicated and knowledgeable, as well as always ready to help. She was the first doctor I saw since I moved here from Ontario, and I have been very pleased with her patience and care that she has provided me with.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2007

this is the doctor i've been going to lately, because my mom goes. My mom had low blood pressure and she got other medication from her that has helped, but as for me i'm 17 and i get a lot of stress at home my mother's a alcoholic...and just last year nov or dec 2006 i started getting really bad headaches i finally went to her and she asked questions i answered all of them then she sent me home and said to come back when they hurt again, so i went back about a month later she didnt take me in right away they were busy with other patients i had to wait an extra half hour - hour just for her to see me and give me a peice of paper to take home and fill out she didnt say nothing about going back there or anything. so now i dont know wat to do all she kept telling me was take advil...

flag | Submitted August 9, 2007

I have to agree. She undertreated my hypertension for 3 years, and would not follow the recommendations of the cardiologist's letter. She undertreated my thyroid condition with a tiny dose of thyroid replacement till I ended up in ER hemorrhaging, which she said was "hormonal". The ER doctor said my nonexistent thyroid level was likely part of why I was bleeding so significantly. They had to type and crossmatch me in the ER for blood replacement as I lost so much blood. When I had asked for a blood test after being on the thyroid hormone for a few months she had said there was "no reason" as it was a small dose! Is said that is why I wanted the test, as I have physician friends who said the dose was way to small. I am now 8 months on replacement for thyroid and no better off. I went to a new doctor today who agreed she has got some "problems".

flag | Submitted July 19, 2007

Wow, I did NOT like this Dr. AT ALL! Always there for a total of an hour and a half from start to finish, and her time with me was all of 3 minutes. When she had to do a pap, she said "Well I guess if we have to do this. . ." (Way to put me at ease and feel cared about. Then (I am from Saskatchewan and was diagnosed with PCOS from an my previous GP and Endocrinologist) she said that the medication I was on (and wanted to continue with) was not proven effective, even though for me it was VERY effective in treating my condition, so I would have to convince her every visit to renew the prescription. (The drug has terrible side effects, why would I lie?) I am a nurse as well, and though her practices may be "acceptable" they are out of date, and ignorant. The recent data all supported the use of my drug, but she refused to research it. I felt uncared for and ignored. I now see Dr. Frechette who is EXCELLENT!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2007