Ratings for Dr. David S. Lever

Yes, Dr. Lever does run behind, but when he sees you, he is all yours. He is brilliant in his knowledge and listens intently. Each patient, regardless of the doctor you see, has the ultimate responsibility to be their own best advocate. Dr. Lever is dedicated and has integrity. I'd take all my family to him if they needed. As a 30+ year nurse, I strongly recommend this doctor!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Dr. Lever can always run late, but his knowledge of GI issues and Celiac is great. He explains things very well, so you can understand exactly what you are dealing with, what kind of tests you may need, etc.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

I cannot fault a DR for punctuality, it goes with the territory and is in so many ways beyond his control. He was 45 mins tardy for the appt; on the other hand, he spent an hour explaining things to us in REAL LANGUAGE that we could understand. Other DR's previously talked beyond our comprehension in medical terms. Lever was to the point, didn't sugar-coat the facts, and showed a genuine concern and professionalism in his manner and diagnosis. We didn't travel 120+ miles to make friends, we came to get founded medical facts and opinions. He gave them without the typical beat-around-the-bush explanations that we'd received from our family DR and community hospital. In the criteria that matter in choosing a DR...and those things he has actual control over...I cannot speak highly enough of his demeanor and can honestly give my highest recommendations from a medical/patient viewpoint.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

did not receive help with symptoms that GI specialist should resolve; doctor spoke about pulmanary/astma and surgery to make stomac smaller for wait loss - I did not question these two problems;

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

Dr Lever did my colon screening 5 yrs ago. Three noncancerous polyps were removed. I called to make an appt for my next colonoscopy. I was told he would not do the next screening for another 5 yrs. I don't believe it's prudent to wait 10 yrs in between colonoscopies, so I went to a different doctor, who found several precancerous polyps. I believe that this doctor exhibited poor judgment call.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2012

horrible bedside manner. very unfriendly. ran extremely late. would not recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012

He ran the required tests to help diagnose me with Celiac and is very knowledgeable when it comes to this disease.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

Dr. David S. Lever's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 1980)

AHC