You may also like

Dr Provatopoulos was my doctor during my second pregnancy. I recommend him 100%. My first pregnancy with the other doctor was a awful experience. With John I felt comfortable he was always gentle and kind. He ended up delivering my son. I'm so very greatful I had such a great doctor.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

Dr Provatopoulos did my hysterectomy at the beginning of December and I honestly could not have had a better surgeon! The incision was stitched so beautifully and he answered all my questions and concerns. He came by every single day to check in me post-op. You won't find a better surgeon! I've had many and he's honestly the best

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

I had Dr Provaropoulos for my second child.. I got moved to him at 21wks.. I felt very comfortable and he really seemee to want to know how i felt.. my experiance left me wanting to use him again.. I just had him do my tubal and everything is perfect my pain has been minimal and again if i ever felt i needed to use him he would be the Dr of my choice

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

This is my first pregnancy, I'm having twins and Dr. Provatopoulos has been there for me from pretty much the start of my pregnancy. He is an amazing doctor, hes always very kind, asks me how I'm feeling and doing, never pushes too hard on my girls while doing the heart dopler, and hes very caring. When he thought my twins could have TTTS he sent me straight to Mount Sinai to confirm if they had it, which they do not. On top of being wonderful with my pregnancy my mom has been seeing him for 20 years this summer, hes the one that found my moms CIN 3 and saved her from having full cervical cancer! On top of that he also delivered me when her OB went on holiday. Neither of us could ask for a better OB/GYN and I plan on seeing him as my Gynecologist after my children are born.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

This guy is a jerk. Horrible doctor, getting upset when I was in labour and was crying due to him examining me while I was having a contraction. "What are you crying for?" In a rude voice. So glad he's no longer at Sudbury hospital

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Attended approximately 10 appointments to date. 9 times out of 10, waited less then 30 minutes to get in to see doctor. Pleasant demeanour, but short and focussed. Overall knows his stuff, and provides good service. Last appointment waited about an hour, but knew he was busy as preparing to leave on holidays, thus bringing in all his patients for a final check-up and to schedule follow-up with his alternate care givers (doctors). Completely satisfied.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

I was shocked at Dr. Provatopoulos' dismissive attitude and lack of knowledge. During the physical examination, he put on gloves then realized he needed equipment, he left, rummaged around in another room and returned. After touching both door handles and whatever he did in the other room, it's safe to say the gloves were no longer sterile, yet he did not change them and performed the examination. Immediately, following the exam he started to leave and said good bye. I called him back, asking him what I should do about the issue I was having that was the purpose of the visit. He responded with a shrug and a laugh, then stated "I wish I knew". He turned to leave, I called him back again and he looked annoyed. I asked him if I should follow up with him or my Doctor regarding a test he had ordered. He told me it did not matter and left the room as he was saying this sentence. He gave me absolutely no opportunity to ask the other questions I had. Terrible Dr. -Awful experience!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2013

Dr. J Provatoulos is a great dr. He's very, knowledgable and friendly.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

I was referred to this doctor for my first pregnancy when none of my "top 3" choice of OB's were accepting patients. I waited for over 2 hours in the waiting room, with only 3 people ahead of me. The receptionist didn't have my file, so instead of just calling my doctor to have them faxed (located in the same building), she had me go upstairs and ask them to fax them. While in the waiting room, the receptionist was on her cellphone having a personal conversation about her weekend plans (where to go out, drinking, etc). When the office phone rang, she answered it and put them on hold to continue her personal conversation. The doctor had terrible bedside manner, aggressive and rude with me when he couldn't find my first ultrasound, sending me for needless tests because "most of the people in Sudbury are fat and have diabetes." Rushed me out of the appointment and made me feel like a burden. Gave me no opportunity to ask any questions. Thank GOD I went with a midwife!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

This doctor was helping me with delivery of my both children. My first time impression was not very positive because he was in a hurry to leave and he was quite rude ( using coarse language while thinking I did not hear him). He was also emotionless in terms of saying something when the baby arrived. Normally you would expect a doctor say something like "congratulations" or whatever. But it was nothing at all. On my second delivery he was better and friendlier but still quite emotionless. Having said all that I have to give him kudos for being an exceptionally knowlegable doctor. My both times delivery went very smoothly and quite fast. I was following everything he told me to do during the labor and everything went very well with no stiches aftewards or anyhting. I only wish this doctor was a little bit more "human"

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

Dr. J Provatopoulos's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Provatopoulos was my doctor during my second pregnancy. I recommend him 100%. My first pregnancy with the other doctor was a awful experience. With John I fe..."

January 23, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Provatopoulos did my hysterectomy at the beginning of December and I honestly could not have had a better surgeon! The incision was stitched so beautifully a..."

December 16, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had Dr Provaropoulos for my second child.. I got moved to him at 21wks.. I felt very comfortable and he really seemee to want to know how i felt.. my experia..."

September 21, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "This is my first pregnancy, I'm having twins and Dr. Provatopoulos has been there for me from pretty much the start of my pregnancy. He is an amazing doctor, he..."

May 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This guy is a jerk. Horrible doctor, getting upset when I was in labour and was crying due to him examining me while I was having a contraction. "What are you c..."

April 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Attended approximately 10 appointments to date. 9 times out of 10, waited less then 30 minutes to get in to see doctor. Pleasant demeanour, but short and focu..."

November 3, 2014