Ratings for Dr. Kelvin Houghton

He’s been very helpful to myself and my childrens health issues. He’s also a very kind man .

flag | Submitted July 3, 2018

Both my wife and I have been with Dr. Kelvin for many years. Have found him to be very knowledgeable, agreeable and thorough. Lucky to have him as our GP. Another plus is he supports Manchester United as I do, and that alone is worth the trip to his office.:)

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

This doctor does not deal with complicated medical situations well, is poor with elderly people, and refused to refer out to appropriate specialists. If you are dealing with a complicated medical situation, or are elderly, go elsewhere immediately. Callous and unhelpful.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

My previous doctor retired. I was lucky to have found Dr. Houghton. I find that is very attentive and he is very thorough. I would highly recommend him

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

My previous doctor retired after more than 20 years of excellent service. Dr.K.Houghton was at first welcoming though after approximately 7-8 months he seemed frustrated with me as I suffer from chronic pain following WCB accidents.Regretably the medications he prescribed were not effective as he continued cutting back the medication that I've been using for over 15 years that was effective and allowed me quality of life.Now, he's set on taking all medication away leaving me helpless as my pain fluctuates and becomes torturous about 8 days every month usually during weather and lunar changes though the rest of the time I manage with my medication.At present,I experience rage from time to time and I'm worried as I'm now a prisoner in my own home.Dr.Houghton appears to have fabricated conclusions based upon his assumptions without supporting evidence from specialized doctors.WCB has spent in more than 20 years hundredths of thousands of dollars as I was receiving all types of treatment and attending pain therapy clinics,etc. I have overwhelming documentation contradicting Dr . Houghton's conclusions as he's only a general practitioner. I'm a senior being subjected to mental and emotional anguish,humiliation,insults,intimidation,as he's striving to condition me into conformity.About two months ago he asked how I was and after telling him that I was in agony because the pain behind my eye and base of skull was excruciating somewhat like experiencing brain freeze he stated to me,"Concentrate on something else" I was outraged and because I reacted in shock he then kicked me out of his office without my prescription.Now last month Oct.2017 he's been intimidating me suggesting I may need to find another doctor.I get it,what Dr.Houghton doesn't realize is that I am exhausted and beaten down by his continued behaviour and threats.Today I called the senior abuse hotline and awaiting contact.Furthermore,I will once the pain minimizes strive to find a compassionate doctor as Dr. Houghton requires a long vacation or to have his doctor's licence terminated.I've always respected those past doctors and have no willingness to victimize truth as this has to end.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

he is awesome, he takes the time to find out what is going on before just refilling your meds

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

Definitely needs improvement on his listening skills and bedside manner... When I asked him to explain a medication he prescribed- he sighed and dropped his head as if it was a bother to do so, and still then offered no further information. After a hefty wait to even get an appointment , he was quick to move along and seemed distracted, and on all three visits he left abruply, without resolution for my visit. Accreditation is not the only side of a medical career, in my opinion he is a little high strung and arrogant. I will be finding another physician.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

My husband and I have been Dr. Houghton's patients for 11 years. He has seen us through 3 major surgeries and foreign travel illnesses. He is efficient, swift to take action and focused on prevention and good outcomes. His care has been extremely effective and his medical knowledge is remarkable. We would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for effective and reliable care.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

He is a "doctor" but really, I would at best call him a Pharmacist. Very pleasant but unfortunately just a glorified pill pusher. I would take a jerk for a doctor who really does his job over a nice fellow who just gives me pills. He even gave up his hospital privileges. Not enough money in hospital visits i guess.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2016

Knowledge limited. Self-preserving. Women go find someone else.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016